JoAnn's before and during pictures.

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

JoAnn's before and during pictures.

Postby Serendipity » February 6th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Edited to add: I posted more photos on another thread called "Jo (Serendipity) update - 100 lbs gone forever! 07/10/06". I will post goal photos later.

I don't know how I got the nerve to do this. I was gonna wait until I hit onederland..... Maybe it was Steeler fever, I dunno.

Anyway, the first picture was taken in September just a month before I started my trip to back to sanity. I was in NYC visiting my son. That's his office (Lauren.....can you guess where it is?) I was so miserable that day. It was too hot and we walked for miles seeing the sights. I was a mess by the end of the day, pretty much hating myself for not being able to keep up with Dan & my husband. It's quite painful for me to look at this picture at my highest weight ever - 276 - size 24!

The other picture was taken last night just after my Steelers won the super bowl!!!!!!!!!! (yippeeeeee) (I'm second from the right, first row) In contrast to that day in September, my husband and I spent the day in Pittsburgh shopping for some clothes for me. What a pleasure it was to have to put back the size 20's that I thought would fit and some of the 18's that I thought must fit....and end up with some 18's and some 16's!!!!!! All of the 1X's were to big! (3X's were iffy before MF) OMG, a good time was had by all! Then we went to my brother's house for a superbowl party. I could wear my Palamalu jersey without worrying about the fat rolls.....the thing fit right over my butt!!!! You do know how that feels.....I know it, cuz most of you are experiencing the shrinkage right along with me! I am really starting to feel like a normal person, now, and though I still have 87 lbs. to go, I feel human again and that feels great!

Nancy, Unca, Terry, thank you for this forum. Thank you for all of the support and sharing. It's such a joy to come here every day and share the enthusiasm will each and every one of you shakers. I'm loving my life again, thanks to Medifast and all of my Medifast friends. :lol:
Last edited by Serendipity on July 24th, 2006, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » February 6th, 2006, 6:27 pm

I'm excited to see your photos, Serendipity! :bounce:

Unca is working his magic I think... :)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » February 6th, 2006, 10:09 pm

Serendipity,

We should be thanking you for such an awe-inspiring story and wonderful pictures.

Can you imagine how it makes someone just starting out, or even on the journey for awhile, be so uplifted with hope and a vision of what can actually become a reality to us all.

Please accept our admiration and appreciation for sharing.

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Ashes » February 7th, 2006, 4:50 am

Lizabette wrote:Serendipity,

We should be thanking you for such an awe-inspiring story and wonderful pictures.

Can you imagine how it makes someone just starting out, or even on the journey for awhile, be so uplifted with hope and a vision of what can actually become a reality to us all.

Please accept our admiration and appreciation for sharing.

Lizabette

I couldn't have put it any better, Lizabette! I woke up this morning, hopeing that Serendipity's pictures would be up... and thank heaven they were! What a great way to start out the day! Thanks Serendipity, you are amazing!!
:yourock:

1/17/06
275/260/170
1st goal: 30lbs. (245 by 3/28 - I really hope I can!)
Ashes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 7th, 2006, 6:07 am

Jo

You are such an inspiration to all of us just starting out. You look totally awesome!!! You are going to be at goal before you know it.

Keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby stelar » February 7th, 2006, 7:53 am

:whoohoo: Serendipity! You are looking good! Like everyone else has said you are an inspiration! :cheers: Here's to you!! :cheers:

Congrats!
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 7th, 2006, 8:04 am

Lookin Good Jo!!!!!! Looking GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!! You are an inspiration!!!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Drama Queen » February 7th, 2006, 10:34 am

Jo,

WAY TO GO, GIRL!!! What an inspiration!! You are looking great and you will be at goal in no time!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Dayna » February 7th, 2006, 11:00 am

You look fantastic! Good for you for sticking with the program, and thanks for sharing your progress. It inspires the rest of us to keep going. :D

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nicki » February 7th, 2006, 8:27 pm

JoAnn! - What a difference! You are doing so great ...thank you for sharing yourself with us with all of your words of encouragement and now these inspirational pics. Way to go!!!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 8th, 2006, 4:31 am

Oh thanks everyone! I hear lots of compliments from "real people", but none mean more than those from all of you who know exactly what it takes to succeed in this program.

I'm in this for life, guys. :sheepjump: I just love that little sheep. :D
jo
Serendipity

Postby Lauren » February 8th, 2006, 7:06 am

YAAAY! Oh, Jo, I am so freakin' excited for you, and thrilled that you got up the nerve to post the pics. What better than posting during a celebration?! So, your son works in Wall Street? That's my guess for the day...high rise buildings very close to one another. Then again, you can find that same cluster of high rises in many points of the city...hmm, it's like Where's Waldo?

You and I seem to be on the same page on this diet, which is great. My starting weight was higher, but our weight loss has been on track, and we have similar amounts to go...more importantly, I feel like we've been on the same page about the diet and how we handle it and how we intend to work it forever. It's been great going through this "with" you and I wish us both major success and fantastic "after" pictures!

You rock, JO!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Loribug » February 8th, 2006, 11:29 am

Your looking fantastic! I can't wait to see some difference, tried on some too tight jeans, I am about 2 inches closer to fastening them.
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 8th, 2006, 11:37 am

Lauren,

The picture I originally sent had a little more of the landscape showing. I think you did very well considering. Yes, he works in the S & P building - 49th floor. The view is fantastic on all sides. I wonder how he gets any work done!

I agree, we are on much the same frame of mind with our MF. I can tell by your posts. Maybe we should get together to have our after pictures taken......I mean, we come to NYC 1-2 times a year......hmmmm :cheers:
jo
Serendipity

Postby Hyperion » February 8th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Jo,

We've known each other since we started MF, and we both started about the same time.

You were the first one to answer my wonders almost every time I asked, and I remember your words on December 9th, the day where I really felt bad when a colleague told me MF was worth nothing.

To put a name on the face, it makes you even more beautiful. Because I look into your eyes, Jo, and I see the kind woman that you are... And looking at second pic, even though it's a really small one, I can almost tell you really enjoy yourself in your head, and in your body!

We may never see each other in real life, but I won't forget that face any time soon :D
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Next

Return to Studio