Jene115's Before Pics

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Jene115's Before Pics

Postby jene115 » February 9th, 2005, 7:34 pm

As much as it pains me to post this before picture (taken 10/20/04) I realize I have to be accountable. I really hate seeing myself like this.

First picture is me at 209 pounds, after losing 51. This was taken in August 2001. I was on top of the world then, in love, happy and on my way to being below 200 for the first time since 1991.

This picture was taken at work by my best friend last October. I decided no other before pictures were needed since I was the same exact weight in this picture as I am now. The hardest thing is seeing how elongated my face looks from the chins, that's plural folks. So here I am as of now, frumpy, dumpy and lumpy. I still "see" myself as the first picture, so seeing this picture broke my heart.

I'll take pictures every 50 pounds or so. Here's to a lower number on the scale, fewer chins and happy days ahead!
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby Carrie » February 10th, 2005, 5:44 am

Hi Jen!

So nice to 'meet' you.

It's definitely hard to see pictures of ourselves......what our mind tells us we look like isn't always so valid huh? I know I'm still a little dismayed to see a pic of myself at my current weight - my mind tells me I'm littler, dernit!

I'm glad you had the courage to post your pic, and have begun your journey - it's worth it!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Marseilles » February 10th, 2005, 5:57 am

Welcome Jen :)

I still have not had the courage to post my picture and I am not sure I will ever have, until perhaps I reach goal. So, kudos to you for being brave!

Just think of how motivational it will be, seeing the updated pictures and your losses!

Welcome aboard and so great to meet you!

-M
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » February 10th, 2005, 7:57 am

So here I am as of now, frumpy, dumpy and lumpy

Well Jen, glad to meet you.

I disagree with the comments though. I don't see you as you described yourself above, I see you as a member of this community period. This is a place of support, COMPLETE and UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT. We accept you as Jen. We know exactly how you feel on the inside.

From now forward this is the NEW Jen. No more negative comments about you. This is you, and it can AND WILL only get better.

So, Welcome to the NEW AND IMPROVED Jen!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Sylvia » February 10th, 2005, 3:55 pm

Welcome Jen!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karen » February 10th, 2005, 5:14 pm

Jen, thanks for posting those pics. It is sooooo nice to put a face to a name. I have fronted up with posting my real weight. Now, thanks to you, I may just be brave enough to do my pics..... wonder how I do them? I think I have them on a disk... do I need to send them somewhere first or what? I am totally computer illiterate... well, almost.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 10th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Karen, you send them to Unca and he posts them for you.

I think he can take them in an email, so if you put them from your disk into an email to him he can do it.

Jen, I love your hair!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 10th, 2005, 5:31 pm

Yep Karen,
Just send em to me and i'll fix them up and post them for you.

Most email programs (whatever you're using) have and "add attachment" button on them.

After you send them, make a post in the "Studio" forum, and I'll add them to your post after. Be sure to add your forum screename when you send me your pics.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » February 11th, 2005, 10:10 pm

Jene ~

Oh, thank you for sending your pictures! This is wonderful to see you and to meet you pictorially.

Jen, since we have been emailing and chatting, I had you pictured as a dark-haired beauty - you're a lovely blonde.

We know that you will soon be posting another picture - I like the idea of celebrating each 50 pound loss.

We have enjoyed your writings and honesty - slurp those Joint Health shakes and let us know if they help your knees.

Love your smiling eyes and grin!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby jene115 » February 11th, 2005, 10:50 pm

You folks are so kind and make me feel so much better. I still hate seeing myself like this and that's why the "before face" picture is there, sort of a disclaimer. That's the true me. That was 209, so at 115, 120 or 127, whatever weight my body will let me have, my chin will be more prominent and my four dimples will show up :mrgreen:

We had a calendar of our Houston office printed with pictures of our whole office. Our administrator took the pictures and my back was to her and when I turned around, she had on reindeer antlers, so she got a genuine laughing smile out of me for that! I was struck by that picture, as I am the posted one of how different my smile is too. The added fat on my face even changed that. I was so into saying losing weight was about my health, but yes, vanity does play a part. I want more though, to feel like I felt when I lost that weight, but I'm going to go further this time and go past 200 pounds, past 150, and hit my goal weight. I'm really a goofy, bubbly silly girl inside and I want that to come through naturally and not be so self-conscious - the worst part of being fat and being a social creature.
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

hi

Postby NikkiNix » February 12th, 2005, 1:22 pm

Hi Jene,

I know what you mean about being a social creature. I love to meet new people and experiance something different. Since I am soo overweight I tend to come off like the class clown. I think I feel more comfortable when I am purposly making people laugh then to have someone snikker behind my back about how obese I am. Just the other day I was walking with my 1year old to pick up my 8 year old from school when some teenage kids said oh my G#d she's fat, know I knew I shouldn't have but my feelings were hurt and I said at least I am not ugly. On the way back these boys were snikkering at me and I noticed they had bad acne so I rubbed my face and gave the impression that I would be discusted to have skin like there's. Needless to say they stopped snikkering and it look like there feelings were hurt. I felt bad and I know I shouldn't have sunk to their level but I did. I don't want to be so self-conscious anymore either and I think what happened with those teenage boys the other day proves that I am. So no more messing around I think we both can achieve are goals if we stay focused and take it one day at a time.

Here's to us 8)
Nikki
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby jene115 » February 12th, 2005, 5:35 pm

Yeah Nikki, they say fat is the last acceptable prejudice. Strangers would never comment on someone's drinking, or drugging or physical disablity or skin color, religious preference, etc., but fat? It's okay to sneer and make comments. Teenagers are the worst. I've been lucky that I haven't heard any comments, but then again, I don't get out much. Plus I live in Houston, the fattest city, so that helps too ;)

I'm sorry you went through that and I'm sure no one blames you for what you did to the teenage boys. Sometimes we do lower ourselves and it feels good at the time. The comments do hurt. I still reel from a comment my dad made to me in 1982 after not seeing me for two years. When my parents moved to Washington State from Virigina I was 112. After partying for two years, I gained about 15 pounds. My dad's first comment to me was "God, what happened to you?" I was by no means fat then and that comment stung. I guess after that, the comments of strangers couldn't hurt any worse, you know?

So right on! No more messing around. :yes: here's to us!!! :buddies:
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

hi

Postby NikkiNix » February 12th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Hi Jene,

I can't believe your dad said that and you were so skinney. I guess it goes to show you are worst critics can be family. I was just writing someone the other day about how my family members always give me the once over when they see me and they are obese themselves. I am considerably larger than every one except my dad who probably weighs close to 360lb but for some reason guys can tend to pull off being more overweight than women. I am not saying that the men don't get it as well but women just tend to get it more often. I live in Colorado so there are alot of fit people out here I do live in a town were it is mostly hyspanic people and I do notice that alot of the hispanic women are overweight. Maybe it's all the mexican food we eat. I do hear things are bigger and better in Texas maybe I should move there(just kidding) You know in small parts of Africa large women are considered beautiful, and prosperus, good for bearing children. I think I was born in the wrong country. Anyway you are a pretty lady no matter what weight you are I just think it's healtier for us to weigh a little less. Less stress on the joints and all. Good luck on dragging all that old food out to the garbage can. I wish I could get rid of all my bad foodies but with two kids it's just impossible. I hope to be around your starting weight for my birthday in March. No More 300's for me I can do it and so can you.

We rock 8)

Thanks Nikki
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby jene115 » February 12th, 2005, 8:29 pm

Nikki, I moved back to Texas from Colorado! I lived in Westminster, northwest of Denver. Oh how I wish I was back there. My furniture is in storage in Littleton, small world.

Yes, my dad was very, very critical and most of my "issues" I've had most of my life are due to my relationship with him. He could be very cruel with words, but I won't go there.

Truth be told, I would love to move back to Colorado when I get this weight off. The men up there are great and I have the love of my life still up there, but that's water under the bridge now.

Sorry, got off on a little tangent. Let's do this Nikki and not look back!
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Return to Studio