Intense exercisers?? (especially full fasters)

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Intense exercisers?? (especially full fasters)

Postby Simmshe » August 18th, 2004, 10:40 am

Hey guys, I have a question for those of you who exercise. I am going to be getting back into exercise and want to know how hard you all exercise and what adjustments you make to your meal plans for the days when you do exercise intensely.

I'm having serious withdrawals from doing intense cardio--intense workouts have been my eating alternate/stress reliever for a few years now, and helps to keep my Asthma in check (my lungs are so much stronger when I get intense cardio consistently). How much intense exercise can I do, and how much should I up my supplements when doing this? I don't want to overdo it or disrupt my weight loss, so I'd appreciate you all's advice. Currently I do five supplements (5 shakes, or 4 shakes and 1 soup, a day--I'm trying desperately to get in six, but it's a challenge right now). I know that I will have to up my supplements while exercising, but not sure by how many.

Of course, I'm not going to do my old intense cardio (which was 80 minutes of elliptical, bike, and treadmill crosstraining, or boxing and kickboxing, 4-5 days a week), but I would love to do a good 30-35 minute boxing or kickboxing workout a few times a week. I will be gymless for about a month and a half until I move into a new apartment and join a gym that's down the street from me, but when I get back into the gym, I do want to get back to my favorite machine (the elliptical), and strength training. I do boxing and kickboxing workouts at home and would like to start again as soon as possible. Since Medifast, I have done virtually zero cardio, and have just been doing pilates and a little strength training.

Need2succeed--what's your experience? I know that you run, which is an intense exercise, and it doesn't look like it has affected your loss at all--you've done phenomenally! Are you a full faster?

Thanks everyone :).

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Re: Intense exercisers?? (especially full fasters)

Postby need2succeed » August 19th, 2004, 9:06 pm

Hi Sheryl,

For some reason I did not see your message before! I replied to you privately but just to answer the question for all, my attempts to incorporate intense exercise have all been short lived. Every now and then I do run to jolt the scale during a plateau.

Exercise will slow down the scale movements, but I believe it increases the overall "inch" loss. Psychologically speaking, I NEED for the scale to be moving moreso than the inches. I know that makes zero sense. My sudden weight gain left me very traumatized.

If you do workout, I think you should keep it to 20 mins or less on a level 8 intensity. Remember to drink plenty of water!!
Starting Date: 6/21/2004
Last Weigh in: 10/05/04
210/156.5/120
need2succeed
Regular Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room