Hubby doesn't like my chili

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Hubby doesn't like my chili

Postby Maggie » January 17th, 2004, 3:32 pm

Here's todays laugh of the day............My husband has been asking for me to make some homemade chili. With today cold and damp, I decided it would be the perfect 'chili' day. Around 11:00 I made a big 5 quart dutch oven full of chili. It was so tempting I made a Medifast chili for myself, to which I added 3 ozs. of browned ground beef(borrowed from my supper modified meal) and a packet of Fast tomato soup.and 1 cup of water, in a very small pan.
Before coming to my computer I informed him that the chili was ready and we could eat whenever he was ready. I proceeded to go online and completely forgot about him. I didn't realize that he went to the kitchen and prepared to eat. (Now picture this in your mind and realize that I am talking about a man. One large pan with lid on stove. One very small pan with lid on stove.) Which pan do you think he chose to get his chili from. You guessed it. He poured my one cup of chili into a bowl. crumbled about 3 crackers into it and started to eat. Now you all know that Medifast takes a little getting used to. Especially the chili. Imagine my surprise when he yells up the stairs and asks was that supposed to be his chili in the little pan. "Yikes, he's eating my chili!!!" :shock: "No, that's mine. You didn't eat it did you.?" :x He said "No, it's not very good." :cry:
Wouldn't you think that he would naturally look in the big pan if only to see what was in it? After I straightened him out, I ate my bowl of chili,(with 3 regular crackers crumbled in it. I wasn't going to waste it.) I'm glad he didn't like it because it was really good, just not enough of it. I thought it was funny, Hope you did too. :roll:
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby susan » January 17th, 2004, 7:23 pm

hey maggie,
don"t that just sound like a man . I think that was a good one.
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Indigo » January 17th, 2004, 7:47 pm

Well, now at least you know your food is safe, and he will have a very sincere appreciation for what you're doing ;)

Laurie
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: Hubby doesn't like my chili

Postby explorthis » January 17th, 2004, 10:20 pm

Maggie wrote:Here's todays laugh of the day............My husband has been asking for me to make some homemade chili

Chili can be made at home? I was ALWAYS under the assumption, it came in a can, labeled Hormel... Hmmm...

Great story.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 18th, 2004, 8:30 am

I was ALWAYS under the assumption, it came in a can, labeled Hormel... Hmmm...

I second that, I am not a cook, can't stand to cook, so I guess it is good for me that I want mix cooking. ;)
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 18th, 2004, 9:38 am

I hear ya! I am beginning to have to fight my hubby off - he wants a bar, he wants to sip my french vanilla shake, well TUFF! But yes, a good giggle indeed. My mother read an article to me last night on the phone about how people who are happy and having a good time while eating digest their food better and how laughter can increase metabolism. Keep the stories coming!!!!!!!!! I need laughter!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss