How Do you fit 5 shakes in?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

How Do you fit 5 shakes in?

Postby Dani1976 » March 11th, 2005, 2:04 pm

Today is day 2 for me and I have to say I feel great. (Much better then yesterday.) I decided to write down when I had my shakes and meal so I could keep an eye to make sure I did it all right. Well, yesterday I was only able to fit in 3 shakes, 1 oatmeal and a small salad with three ounces of chix in it. Today it's 4:00 here and I just had my third shake and one pickle. I'm not sure I can consume 2 more shakes and a meal by bedtime. (I'm in bed by 9 or 10 up by 5:30.) I was so worried about being hungry but today I really didn't even want the shake I just had. Is it bad to only have 4 shakes and a meal?
1/10/05 219

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Dani1976

Postby 24KaratGold » March 11th, 2005, 2:21 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, it is bad to skip your correct number of Medimeals. You will actually slow your weight loss down if you do so, because your body will go into "starvation mode" from too few calories and will shut down everything it can to conserve calories. Plus, you run the risk of damage to your muscles by not taking in the proper amount of protein.

The book "Success in A Shaker Jar" is availabe from TSFL, and it is something of a handbook for this program. I strongly recommend it; it should be required reading.

As a rule of thumb, you should have your first shake (or other Medifast supplement) no later than an hour after getting up in the morning, then space them out about three hours -- and no more than four hours -- apart. You should have at least three by 2:00 p.m. unless you are working swing or graveyard shift or something like that.

Also, you can have a shake just before sliding into bed; there's no reason not to, unlike other diets which suggest that you shouldn't eat just before bed. Also, you can shorten the time between shakes to two or two and a half hours if you need to to get them all in, which you might want to do today.

Good luck to you!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby monkeymom » March 11th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Hi Dani. All I can say is, "what she said"........24K that is. She's given you all the right info.
I have had this same issue, in fact the last couple of days it's been so bad that last night I went to bed one meal short. So today I am going to get myself a watch with an alarm and I'm going to set it to remind me to eat. Wow, what a concept, huh?
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby kassilou » March 11th, 2005, 9:25 pm

It's amazing how we can just *not* be hungry on this diet. I have to set my alarm most days. A couple of times it has gone off and I've been busy doing something, then all of a sudden it's 20 minutes later and I realize I've forgotten to eat! Who'd a thunk that would ever happen??

It also helps me refocus when I am hungry and want to eat something. I just look at how much time is left and tell myself I can go that long before I eat again. Hopefully this will help "reprogram" my thinking patterns for that far off time when I get to maintenance. :D
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 12th, 2005, 7:08 am

Dani -

Why don't you send your normal schedule of eating times to us so we can see where it would help most to tweak it.

Just off what you have mentioned, I notice that you are at 4:00 and just getting your third shake in and haven't had your lean and green yet. Because you are not eating enough in the beginning of the day; you are left with much to consume in the evening hours. Medifast recommends that you have 3 of your supplements by mid-afternoon.

If you are getting up at 5:30 you should be doing something like this:

by 6:30 1st supplement
by 9:30 2nd supplement
by 12:30 3rd supplement
4:30 lean and green
7:30 4th supplement
right before bed 5th supplement

you would be squeezing that last one in right before bed-ie time; which is perfectly alright. If you prefer to eat your meal later in the day; swap the 4th supplement to 4:30 and your lean and green to 7:30. Also; playing with the times 1/2 hour here and there can help you to work it better into your schedule.

There are some days that I have my 1st at 7:00 and find that I won't be able to make it to 10:00 - so I have my second at 9:00 if I feel like it. I have found my body needs more fuel in the a.m. hours now after about 8 weeks on the program. In the beginning I had your problems as well, finding it hard to get the last meal in. But I've got myself settled into a really good routine - you will too. Experiment and see what works best - don't worry if it feels too close to your last meal. If it's been 2 hours and your body is saying I need nourishment, then go ahead with it. But if it's been 4 hours and it's not asking - then feed it anyway.

Hope this helps and good luck to you!
scrabbler7

Postby Dani1976 » March 13th, 2005, 4:31 am

Thanks everyone for getting back with me. I went ahead and followed scrabblers schedule and it seemed to work well for me I also reduced my drink intake (not water intake extras like crystal light, etc.) and moved my meal earlier when I was the most hungry and that seemed to work. I'm so tired by evening that I'm usually not as hungry. I have to say I am so pleased with this program I wish somebody had told me about it years ago. I now have to go post my success on the the weekly weigh in. Yeah!!!!!!! I stepped on today (day 4) I'm down 5 pounds. I'm so thrilled especially after getting on my new scale day one it was 3 pounds higher then my old one. :(
1/10/05 219

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Dani1976

Postby Spunky » March 13th, 2005, 5:54 am

Dani, welcome to a fabulous forum. I am up at the crack of ... dawn also. I have my shakes at 6,9,12,3,6,9. I set my schedule on my computer for these times just like a meeting notice. I find it easy to remember. Even if you are not hungry, you have to take the shakes. You body needs all that tasty formula to produce weight loss. You will like all the helpful advice and friendships you make along your journey to thinville.
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 13th, 2005, 7:10 am

Dani - that is wonderful news!
scrabbler7

Return to Weight Loss