My Buns Fit!

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

My Buns Fit!

Postby Nancy » November 6th, 2004, 1:30 pm

Fall in the northwest is a beautiful thing!

Terry and I went for a little afternoon adventure the other day just to enjoy the beauty of the clear fall day.

We parked along the Lewis River and watched the fishermen trying to land a plump steelhead. We walked through the park and I collected a few leaves and some acorns.

In the park was a wonderful playground. It brought back memories of how I used to swing and play with my students on the playground when I was teaching elementary school.

:shock: That is… until my buns got so big :oops: and I got so fat that I couldn’t fit :x on the swings or on the other playground equipment.

:shock: You know what I discovered?

I can climb up the ladder and slide down a children’s slide and NOT get my buns stuck at the top of the ladder!

Wow! A Medifast Moment! What a super discovery – another Because I can situation.

How about YOU? :mrgreen:

Ready to make a list of all the things that you want to discover that you can do, too?

Some of you might need a Medifast Moment right now – get with the program and be a loser, too.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Simmshe » November 6th, 2004, 7:40 pm

You look incredible, Nancy :)! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us and being a continual source of motivation and inspiration :D!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » November 9th, 2004, 12:55 pm

Nancy...
you look great!! :-P I always think of you around Fall..when the leaves are changing..cuz when I started medifast..one picture of you that stuck in my mind was you in the pumpkin patch on the hay!! I remember thinking...I want to pose in a picture like that someday...im still strugglin from time to time..but Im not giving up. YOU are inspiring..
Thank u!! ;)

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » November 10th, 2004, 7:30 pm

Why, many thanks to you, my Thinnin' Darlin' ~

October 6, 2003 was the day we went to the Punkin' Patch and it was so much fun - it was my husband's 56th birthday. This year we celebrated his birthday in Kuaui. :ukulele:

Here's a link to the picture you referred to - it can be YOU if ya keep on keeping on and do not give up - your success is just around the corner and I believe in YOU!
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=255
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » November 12th, 2004, 5:23 pm

I can relate!

Tony and I went to the ballet a few days ago. The seats at the Academy of Music are narrow and I was always uncomfortable in them....until now. This time.....my buns fit! With room to spare ;)

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mombarnes » November 12th, 2004, 7:22 pm

Great! It's nice to "fit in," isn't it?
I went to a concert tonite & sat in the seat comfortably in my size 18 jeans that haven't fit for a long time.
I'm just starting (week 3) but am amazed how quickly the inches seem to be going.
Don't know how much I weigh (long story) but can tell in my clothes already.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby gr8views » November 12th, 2004, 7:39 pm

Fitting in is a wonderful thing!

mombarnes, it's good to see you on the Forum! Size 18, huh? It's been probably 6-8 years since I've fit that size. I can't weight until I fit that size again!

Looking forward to losing more!

Di
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views

Postby mombarnes » November 15th, 2004, 7:46 am

I am new to this ... but I am totally convinced that we can reach our goals.
And this forum makes me feel like we are all in this together. I share your feelings (can't weight!).
Yes, size 18 was the smallest I ever got into on the last thing I tried (not mentioning any names, but the initials were WW). I lost about 40 pounds on that, but most of it came right back. Medifast is so much easier for me & makes me feel much more successful already.
I also wore those same jeans to a training session on Saturday & someone said "I've never seen you in jeans". I said it was because I usually don't fit into jeans. It was a small triumph but a big boost.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes

Postby Nancy » November 15th, 2004, 9:28 am

mombarnes and others ~

re:
(not mentioning any names, but the initials were WW). I lost about 40 pounds on that, but most of it came right back

Of COURSE that was my way of life and my experience, too and most likely the experience of others - we foodies do that.

What we must ask ourselves is this: Why did we re-gain the weight we worked hard to reduce?

IMO, previously I made no permanent changes to my lifestyle and no permanent changes to my eating styles and I played the 'blame game.'

Blamed all my foody failures on stuff - events from the past, current events and fears of future events.

One day, I had an epiphany of sorts, decided I hated living life large because I truly wasn't living but actually killing myself slowly. Kind of a suicide by a continual buffet of burgers, fries, mayonnaise, butter, cookies, candies, and cakes.

I took a major U-turn and decided to never return to Flabdom. It takes daily making the right food choices, dealing with the cruddy things of life in better ways and looking for the joys along the way. They are there, if you look for them.

Medifast proved to be an excellent tool for me to lose my weight safely and quickly - quicker than I have ever lost before.

I learned about how often to eat and how much to eat.

Before Medifast I had a very distorted view about how much one should eat as opposed to how much one could eat.

Learning why I ate as much as I did, why I was committing foodicide has taken me longer to figure out and I haven't yet discovered all the reasons why but I also made a major decision: that it wasn't that necessary for me to know the deep down and dirty whys of it all.

I just decided to set that apart for now and maybe forever - it really isn't necessary for me to continually look back any more. I live in the present and I choose to do all that I can possibly do to make my now and my tomorrows the best they can be. Again, Medifast makes it possible for me to do just that.

I'm not a particularly smart woman but Medifast makes it so simple: eat breakfast every day; eat regularly, every three to four hours and NEVER ever skip a meal; eat smaller portions; choose low glycemic foods; exercise most days; drink plenty of water every day; monitor your weight regularly.

For the first time in my adult life, I feel good physically - rarely do I get headaches and most joint pains are gone; I feel successful because I accomplished something good - I set a goal for myself and I let NOTHING stop me and that gives me a sense of satisfaction that I am a finisher and hopefully that splashes out onto all the people I meet; I look so much better than I did when I weighed 265 and I am able to participate (and not just watch life happen but I can make it happen!) for the rest of my days with great enthusiasm and joy. :leopard:

Daily I choose to do what is good for me, no more do I daily commit foodicide.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mombarnes » November 15th, 2004, 5:05 pm

Not to disagree ... but I think you are a very smart woman. I looked all through many websites when I googled Medifast to find a counselor. There were many things about you that made me gravitate here.

I agree that this is SIMPLE. That's what helped me get started so quickly (once I made up my mind to do it). And common-sense.
The support on this board makes the hugest difference every day ... I lurked for a long time before answering anyone's posts & sincerely appreciate everything that everyone contributes.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes

Thanks, Nancy

Postby bear45 » November 15th, 2004, 6:10 pm

For the beautiful pictures and for the insightful words...you are such a great motivator and you speak the TRUTH...thank you for that...LIsa
:mrgreen:
bear45

Movie Theater Seats

Postby Signladytf » May 11th, 2005, 6:20 pm

I can't wait to go to a movie theater and sit comfortably in the seat AND be able to touch the cup holder with my hand, not my belly!!! Waiting for my starter kit is going to be the death of me!!!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Spunky » May 22nd, 2005, 6:40 pm

Nancy wrote: I set a goal for myself and I let NOTHING stop me and that gives me a sense of satisfaction that I am a finisher and hopefully that splashes out onto all the people I meet

Nancy, you are such an inspiration. I hope everyone gets a chance to read your post above. Your words really touched me.
------------------------ :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Thanks so much for being there for me and the MF gang!
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Studio