How much weight per week avg??

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

How much weight per week avg??

Postby Mom2three » September 12th, 2006, 11:26 am

Just a general question for those out there, how much
weight do you really lose per week?

Based on the Ketone test, I am in Ketosis, yet the last two weeks I've only lost 2 pounds one week, and 2.8 the next. Guess its a little frustating when i was losing 3 pounds a week in the pre-diet phase while eating carbs. Will I ever see a 5 pound week?

I will stick with it, just wondering if 4-5 pounds is normal, or if really 2 to 3 pounds is really the average.

Thanks, Lynn

174/163/142
Mom2three
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » September 12th, 2006, 11:29 am

The average is 2-5 pounds per week, but it varies a lot. You don't have a lot left to lose, so you're not going to lose as quickly as someone with, say, 200 pounds to go.

Will you ever see a 5-pound week with only 20 pounds left to lose? Honestly, probably not.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Prancer » September 12th, 2006, 11:39 am

Ditto what Robin said. My losses are lower because I havent been faithful. I dont check my ketone either tho. I think if you were at a point where you still had to lose a lot of weight you would lose more a week. At this point I dont think you will lose more then 2 to 3 a week.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nova » September 12th, 2006, 12:35 pm

I've been completely faithful to the program, and I track my weight daily. My loss per week has been as high as 2.8 lb/week in the first couple of months, but lately, it's slowed down to 1.8 pounds/week. I track the number through a 10-day sliding average, which is much more accurate than the daily numbers you see on the scale.

When you look at the long term picture, I've lost 66 pounds in 6 months, and that ain't nothin' to sneeze at.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Mom2three » September 12th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Thanks - I was kind of thinking along those lines, but wasn't sure. I was just hoping to average 3 pounds a week so I could meet my goal by a certain date.... they guarentee'd if I followed their plan I'd lose the 30 pounds in 10 weeks - but I think I may be little slower than that. I'll keep trying - maybe I can hit 4 pounds one week!

You all are doing awesome in your weight loss, way to go!!
Mom2three

Postby Unca_Tim » September 12th, 2006, 7:11 pm

Mom2three wrote:they guarentee'd if I followed their plan I'd lose the 30 pounds in 10 weeks

Who's "they"?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby DogMa » September 12th, 2006, 9:36 pm

I was going to ask the same thing. I don't know of a reputable plan that will guarantee results. Everyone's different and everyone's rate of loss is different.

I'd also be careful with the time-based goals. If you don't hit your goal (and everyone's body has its own idea of when and how quickly it plans to lose), you're setting yourself up to be disappointed rather than celebrate how much you HAVE lost. Plus sometimes we lose inches when we're not losing pounds, so you could be making great progress even when the scale isn't cooperating.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Mom2three » September 13th, 2006, 7:42 am

I am going to a Medifast Weight Loss Clinic, and when I signed up I basically filled out the paper work which said they will guarantee my weight loss.... they even have the date I should have lost the 30 pounds by. Of course, if they go back to my food journal, I'm sure they could say I cheated on certain days which effected my progress. But I was a little shocked to hear the woman tell me that I would average 3 pounds a week, but it would be more like 5 some weeks.... I didn't think my body could lose 5 pounds a week (unless it was the first week of water weight). I'm not a fool - but hearing that also made me want to do it more - to actually take control of my own weight loss. You know last night I even put down a cookie I was about to have a bite of and traded it for a few soy chips!

I'm not that hung up on the date myself, but I would like to lose it
by the middle of November for my 44th birthday! (and the holidays coming up you know!!). I haven't told anyone in my family (parents, sister, brother, etc) that I am on this plan, so when they see me at Christmas (I just booked our flights to WI for the holidays), they will be surprised. I'm also trying to give my dad some motivation - If I can do it, the working mother of three young kids, he should be able to find the effort to as well.

Lynn
Mom2three

Postby DogMa » September 13th, 2006, 8:13 am

Well, you may or may not reach goal by mid-November, but it's certain that if you stick to the plan, you WILL be significantly closer by then!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Unca_Tim » September 13th, 2006, 8:19 am

hmmm....very interesting.

Could you PM me the name of the clinic?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby JeepGirl » September 13th, 2006, 8:34 am

A few years ago I went to one of those clinics, paid an awful amount of money and was given Medifast. I was also guarenteed that I would love a certain amount by a certain date. I lost 18 lbs the first month then when I went to pick up my product for the following month they had closed the doors.

This was @ 4 yrs ago. I guess that is why I was so skeptical @ MF again. But I knew it can be done and I am doing it!

The only guarantee is that if you commit yourself to it..It Will Work. Maybe not by a certain date but it will work!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mom2three » September 13th, 2006, 10:01 am

JeepGirl - Gosh, I hope they don't close, they just opened about two months ago! And yes, I had to pay my share of money to join.... but then again, it wasn't that much more than throwing money away for a year of WW at work meetings that I didn't attend (okay, I went to some until work got in the way). The one on one meetings at medifast is what I needed to kick me back in gear, so if it works, it will be worth it.
Let me rephase - it will work (but maybe not in the time frame!!)
Mom2three

Postby Jen » September 13th, 2006, 4:17 pm

Forgive me, but I am not really sure how those weight loss clinics work. Is it just for Medifast or do they have several diet programs they sell? You said you had to sign up and pay a fee with the clinic, what do you get for that money above and beyond the food which you pay for separately? Doctor visits, group support meetings, private counselling, nutritionists, etc?

I guess I am wondering why you wouldn't just order MF online and get support for free either from the official Medifast site or here?

Thanks for helping me understand,
Jen
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen

Postby Serendipity » September 13th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Health advisors are free, too.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby JeepGirl » September 13th, 2006, 4:35 pm

Jen I know when I signed up way back when I didnt know anything @ MF except what they told me. I was told it was only available through a Dr or Clinic and like a fool I believed them.

Good thing I know better now. The money I spend on the products now is Nothing compared to what I paid them the month I was on it. Plus the support here is Priceless to me!

Mom2Three..hopefully yours may be different but to be honest..knowing what I know now...there is NO way I would go to a clinic when I can do it myself thru here or medifast directly. No offense meant or anything as your place may be different and actually a good one.
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to Weight Loss