Hopefully this motivates you and i also Need advice

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hopefully this motivates you and i also Need advice

Postby newyorklady » March 9th, 2005, 12:05 am

I have just completed 3 weeks on medifast and have lost 20 pounds. I did cheat the day before my 3 week mark. Does that reset my whole weight loss. I didt cheat big or all day but at night i ate 2 slices of pizza ad stopped myself before i had anymore. the funny thing is while i was eating my stomach started gurgling. AND WARNING TO ALL DO NOT CHEAT. THE NEXT DAY I WAS SO IL, HEADACHES, DIZZINESS, TIRED. i lost all that energy i gained. so i ill never do that again. it is so not worth it.

my questions are these.

1. i did excercise before starting the program 3-4 times a week. i now work out 2 times a week by walking 30 minutes. so how much excercise should i do now?

2.also i have 2 shakes a day and 2 chicken noodle soups and 1 bar (if i work out or else i have another shake) and a pack of the MF crackers. i fear i will start losing slower now that i have "cheated" and possibly slower now that the quick initial pounds are gone now. so my question is, is having more shakes a day rather than soups are beneficial because it seems everyone on the complete plan are on all shakes?

Sorry for all these questions and it might seem im all over the map but need some advice.

PS My starting weight was 235 and now i am 215. i am hoping to be 150 by mid june if that is possible.
newyorklady

Postby doglover » March 9th, 2005, 6:08 am

Hello New York Lady and welcome! Others who have been on a long time will respond with great insight. I am one month down and know only the following:

1) forgive yourself about the pizza and move on! We can only control today and not fret over yesterday and tomorrow. You may need to get your body back into kitosis, but it will happen!

2) exercise is suggested to resume after 3-4 weeks and then cut original plan in half. Sounds like you are doing that already. If you notice a slow down in weight you may cut that back and see if it helps. Nancy can give you the technical reasons on all that! :)

3) Don't forget if you are on the 5:1 plan to eat 5 medimeals and then one lean/green. If you are on full fast be sure to eat 6 medimeals a day. Old program had 3 shakes and now new info is that you can have any combo. But there is still info out there that the shakes have the most nutritional value so I try to get 3 of those in a day. Crackers are NOT a meal (I goofed this up for 2 weeks straight!) They are a snack just like the fast soups.

You've come to a great place. Come in here daily and look at all the posts. You'll learn lots and be totally inspired by these wonderful people!!! Just an FYI - it seems a lot of people on here are from the west coast so don't worry if no one responds right away! They are still snuggly in their beds when we are up freezing on the east side!!!
Donna :-P
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » March 9th, 2005, 10:28 am

It always tickles me when people say they didn’t cheat ‘big’ – in the weight loss world, there are no adjectives that we may use to adequately describe a cheat. There is no tiny cheat, medium-size cheat, large cheat or humongo cheat. A cheat is a cheat and there are always consequences.

Any size cheat can affect a person’s weight loss progress; it can kick you out of ketosis so three more days ‘til you’re there again. Hunger and cravings return when we are not in ketosis, also called ‘the fat-burning state.’ Some cheats have a bigger affect, however!

When a person goes from a very low fat, low sugar meal plan and eats something major greasy and high fat, the crappies can happen.

The sugars in pizza – carbs are essentially sugars - spike your glucose level, resulting in the feelings of tiredness, dizziness, and headaches.

You are right; it is NOT worth it. I know all about it…

About your questions

1. It is good that you cut your exercise in half when you started Medifasting. You may now begin to gradually increase your current plan, perhaps add another day to your routine so you walk three times a week and later begin some weight resistance or crunches.

Just remember, your caloric intake is very low so don’t train for marathons on the Medifast Weight Loss Plans! An athlete may surely incorporate the products and use the Medifast Bioengineered shakes as part of their training program and bars, etc. in conjunction with a nutritious meal plan.

2. Some people do lose faster by having more shakes and avoiding a bar. The caloric content of the chicken noodle soup is nearly identical to the shakes. Chicken Noodle Soup has 9 grams protein/13 grams carbs/90 calories; MF 55 shakes have 11 grams protein/13 grams carbs/90 calories.

Since you do exercise, the bar ought to be just fine for your daily meal plan in conjunction with your excerise.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby newyorklady » March 10th, 2005, 1:52 pm

nancy:
thank you very much for your words. nancy you are right a cheat is a cheat, if anything it effects us all the same mentally and emotionally. i cant stress how much it isnt worth it. but i am going strong again and have committed myself to do the full fast for 12 more weeks=3 months. After that I will move to the 5:1 plan to lose the last of the weight left. summer in new york is so great and MF will be easier to do with 1 regular meal. i do prefer the full-fast because there is no thinking except is it time for my next meal.

doglover: thank you i have gotten back on the wagon and realized just having this forum makes it so much easier to be honest with yourself and forgive yourself. nice to see someone not only losing weight with me but freezing in this weather as well with me.

again thanks all and lets all continue!
newyorklady

Postby dlr2424 » March 10th, 2005, 5:00 pm

NewYorkLady...WELCOME.....and a HUGH CONGRATULATIONS to you on your 20lbs in 3wks :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
At this rate you'll be down to that sexy little bod in no time flat :dance:

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » March 10th, 2005, 11:10 pm

NY Lady ~

Wow! You have a great plan and I am sure it will be perfect for you - you will be having a thinny summer! NY is a beautiful place ALL the time! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.