What motivates you??

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

What motivates you??

Postby Jeanette » May 20th, 2004, 11:00 am

What is your motivation for being on Medifast? Is it to look better? Feel better? Is it to get attention? Is it to LIVE LONGER?

I'll admit, most of my motivation is VANITY. I didn't have any health problems before I started, so health wasn't a motivator. (Although, I know I will increase my chances for a healthier life now!) So.....

Here are my vain reasons for being on Medifast:
--I want to get a GREAT part in an upcoming show
--I want to wear short(er) skirts and have great legs to go with it
--I want to have a toned body (no flabby arms or thighs)
--I want to wear Victoria's secret lingerie (I think it only goes to a 14 or 16)
--I want to wear Levi's (I have never been able to fit in them!)
--I want people (yes, including the opposite sex!) to look twice because I am gorgeous (NOT because I am fat!)
--I want to hear all the good compliments!!

Okay now, admit it...what are your reasons for losing weight??

(Mike will chime in on this one, I bet! ;) )
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Carrie » May 20th, 2004, 11:38 am

Carrie's top ten reasons for losing weight:

10. So I can wear an AWESOME Fantasy Fest costume.

9. So I can have my pick of men (ok, I'm evil, but youall knew that)

8. So I can stop thinking about how bad I must look, and start thinking about how good I look.

7. So I can train in Aikido again.

6. To shop in the regular clothes section and get great stuff (including V.S.) and BURN my circus tent outfits.

5. To avoid having bypass surgery and knee replacements (my Dad)

4. So I can spend time on the beach and in the water.

3. Because I want my weight to not be an issue in my life. Period. (i.e. worrying about fitting in a chair, smushing myself into a plane seat, getting into little cars, all the daily stuff that is painful and humiliating, etc)

2. Because it is something negative and destructive and takes away from my life.

1. So my life stops revolving around being fat and starts revolving around LIVING. This weight has been an anchor dragging me under for long enough. This is my life, and I want to live it, not just survive it.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Amanda » May 20th, 2004, 11:46 am

Good question jeanette,
This is an easy one:
- I want to get back into all of my sexy victoria secret lingerie
- I want to wear a bikini at the beach
- I want my boyfriend to notice hot girls walking by because he has me to look at.
- I want to be that hot girl the guys/girls look at.
- I want to be able to run a mile without stopping or puffing/panting afterwards.
- I want my self-esteem back, and some more.
- I want to be able to have my hair in a ponytail, no makeup, jeans, and mans tshirt on STILL turn heads.
- I want to be happy.
Peace & Love,
Amanda

Start Date: 5/14/2004

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby explorthis » May 20th, 2004, 1:14 pm

Mike chime in? You bet...

Remember, it’s been close to ending 5 months for me (off of Medifast) of maintenance. All of the reasons you are posting are/were me. I am no different.

The fun is still the comments; don’t get me wrong. I look good, and I want others to see me as that! A little reinforcement from others never hurts your own ego, and I am sure it helps keep me straight.

Yesterday I was rehearsal for my sisters wedding which is tomorrow night. A friend of my sisters I had not seen in about 20 years made a huge blown up deal about my loss, so much that everyone was paying attention at this point. After rehearsal was over, my sis calls me, apologizing, oh Mike I am so sorry, did it bother you she made such an issue?

WHAT???????? Hell no, this was like winning the lotto. Didn’t my ear to ear smile give it away?

So, the comments never get old, trust me!

Now, I would have the say, first and foremost, of course behind my own maintenance would be helping someone else feel what I do. It’s a neat feeling to help, thus probably a little vanity part of staying here on this site. I like helping, I also like the publicity. Tell me someone that does not like a little self-vanity?

From the heart though, I want to help, I would make this the top reason. I will pass on ANYHING I know, anything I have learned, if it will help YOU! I may be a man, oh remember men have it easy, men lose faster. Remember though, 100# is a 100# no matter how you slice it.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Marseilles » May 20th, 2004, 1:53 pm

How could I not post under -this- one??? :)

First of all, In response to Guido, cause Im cool with strokin the ego a bit. I -adore- Mikey!! Our daily chats have become something I look forward to, in earnest, each and every day. They have become not just a source of entertainment and cause to smile, but part of my weightloss regime. There have been two occasions now that his words have kept me faithful to medifast and thats just this past couple weeks.

Yes Guido, you are a pillar..I am -so- glad you have stayed long after reaching your goal weight and if ya think of leavin Im gonna Gotti ya..as you all know, I hid the first body -really- well. :shoot:

Now..having said that and pushed aside his over-inflated coconut, Ill list mah top ten...

10.) <--- The size shorts I am currently wearing..woohooo!!! :grin:

9.) Seeing my husband turn his head again as I walk by, catching him admiring me when he is unaware of my noticing. :heart:

8.) The fact that my taking control of this has motivated those I am closest to and love most to rethink what they eat, as well. :bib:

7.) Completing the ironman in 5 years to celebrate my 40th birthday. :weightlift:

6.) The benefits to my health. :yes:

5.) The smile I have on my face and the joy I feel, having taken control of my life and my weight, instead of letting it control me. :roll:

4.) <---The size I intend to be when I reach my goal. :wavie:

3.) Hearing my son tell me he is proud of me. :heart:

2.) The EUPHORIA I feel already and the idea of how phenominal I will feel at my goal weight. :cleader:

1.) How empowered I feel, when I feel beautiful. :wave:

So..there ya have it. Im on the train for the full ride..and thanks everyone, you are all making the journey alot more fun!!

-M.
:drive:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Guest » May 20th, 2004, 6:14 pm

Hey Boys and Girls,

Mike's (Explorthis) Mommy here. I was at his sister's (my daughter) wedding rehearsal too. Couple of things I want to share. First, Mike and a couple of 40ish guys were talking while I was standing in front and facing away from him. Mike said something along the lines of "That's my mom, Ginny. She and I started losing at the same time and she's lost about, 'What Mom, 70 pounds'? Well, you girls know that we don't like to admit quite how much we are over our desired weight - always hoping that folks did/do/will see us as slimmer than we are.
I turned and a bit embarrassed said (mind you I just turned 65): "Yeah, ain't I gorgeous". One of those dear, dear little boys said, in total admiration: "Yeah, we're lookin".

What a rush! I'm here to tell you that stuff never gets old. The nicest feeling jumped on me. I'm now smaller than my beautiful daughter, whom I have envied, lo these many years because she is so beautiful and slim. Heh, heh! Everything about me has changed. I am no longer the dowdy sweet, old grandma/mother. Look out! I have such confidence; you should see my wardrobe - a tiny little size 8. I get hit on by the coolest guys. Believe it!

Point? If this is happening to me at my age, you all know what is in store for you. DO NOT GIVE UP. YOUR WORST MOMENTS WILL PASS. DO NOT SABOTOGE YOURSELVES AND GIVE IN IN A MOMENT OF DEPRESSION.

Second and last - Mike has been such an inspiration to me, as I know he is to many of you. I watched him grow up and knew how much he suffered. Maybe for him it was all worth it, cuz he UNDERSTANDS in a very real way! This gorgeous guy is a walking, talking success story. Listen to his wisdom! There is nothing you have experienced or will experience while overweight, that he has not been through. He pulls no punches - always tells it straight. He's been my support through all of this, as he is willing to be your support. If he says he cares, count on it!

Thanks for your attention. I'm in your corner, rooting for all of you. Be courageous.

Ginny

Postby Amanda » May 20th, 2004, 6:52 pm

Ginny,
that post made my day, thanks, and thanks for giving all of us your wonderful son who always has a motivational pep talk to keep us on track.
Peace & Love,
Amanda

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda

Postby Unca_Tim » May 20th, 2004, 8:18 pm

We're honored to have the Exporthis's on this Forum.

Thanks for sharing your sucesses and offering such inspiring and motivating stories and support to everyone.
(including myself in everyday life)

You're both Olympic caliber stars in my book...
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nite Izes » May 20th, 2004, 10:36 pm

:shock: what motivated me to go on Medifast....

1. I was on Medifast in 1990, lost the weight and kept if off for 9 years, until I got ill due to a medical condition that caused me to rapidly gain weight. So I was a past Medifast user that can personally say, it worked for me.

2. I have gained over 150 lbs in 5 years and the added weight was severely disabling my mobility, causing constant back pain and greatly impairing my quality of life. I want to move around and get control of those things that I cannot do now, but know I will as the weight keeps coming off. I have lost a grand total of 34 lbs and can do things now that I could not do a few months ago.

3. I tried losing weight on my own and noticed it takes me 4x longer to lose the same amount as when I am on Medifast. Healthwise, the Medifast shakes and even their other food replacements has the nutrients, is low calorie, low carb, etc. This helps me since I do not need to spend my time figuring what is what. Beside I love the Medifast apple cinnamon oatmeal.

For me, it was all health related issues that got me to start the Medifast program. I guess the vanity issue might kickstart, once I hit my 1st goal which is coming soon. Right now, my self esteem is still down. But the incident with my pants falling off since I lost the weight has started building my self esteem up a level..... for real!!!!
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes

Postby Carrie » May 21st, 2004, 5:24 am

Ginny,

Thank you for a timely message of encouragement. Personally, I'm back on track and feeling positive again. You're right, the bad moments pass and it only makes it worse to eat your way through them.

As a member of ...... dare I say it, Mike's harem, I can attest that he's a good guy to have on your side, and we appreciate his efforts on our behalf (not to mention the herculean patience).

Wouldn't it be great to have an MF party and meet and celebrate with everyone?

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby Amanda » May 21st, 2004, 6:53 am

I think that would be so great to have a party and meet everyone, we could serve shakes, or have an MF chili cookoff lol, but seriously when you talk to people regularly( and about such personal issues, as we do) they become close friends, and it would just be so cool to get to hang out with each other. I never asked but does anyone live near me (i doubt it I live in Wisconsin)

have a good day everone, drink your H2O :water:
Peace & Love,
Amanda

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda

Postby Jeanette » May 21st, 2004, 6:58 am

Ginny.....you absolutely, positively ROCK!! :kool:

Thank you for those great words of encouragement...knock 'em dead tonight! I can see it now....your ex will have to pick up his jaw from the floor and put his eyes back in his head...and his wife will be pea green with envy!!!!

Living well is the best revenge!! Heh heh!!

PS: I think your son is pretty awesome, too!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby myfavred » December 12th, 2005, 5:46 pm

Hi Everyone
I know this thread is more than a year old but I just joined and I think it is a good idea for me to post my motivation as well. So here it is.

1. So I can fit into smaller size (I would love to be size 6)

2. So when I am a Physician (Geriatrician to be specific) I can lead my patients by example. I would like to tell them my story of losing weight and would love to motivate them to adopt a healthier life style.

3. I like the confidence that I gain when I lose weight

4. I am tired of people looking at me as a fatty.

5. For once I would like to be skinnier than my mom.

6. So when I go to visit my grandparents in Pakistan the neighbors won't say that I have gained weight.

7. To be hot :muahaha:
Success is the result of foresight and resolution. --Imam Ali (A.S)

myfavred
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 12th, 2005, 11:47 pm

Great post Fave,
Everyone should make a list....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » December 21st, 2005, 10:36 am

All those things and more can be yours - with every shake you drink!

Print your list, keep one in your car and read it when you are waiting at a light or keep a copy at your desk to read when you are 'on hold' on the telephone, when sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's/dentist's/hair salon, etc. Keep your eye on the prize and your hand outta the cookie bag and you'll do it!

Happy to have you aboard!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Next

Return to The Elevator