Hopebaby

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby holberry » September 28th, 2007, 7:17 am

Morning Linda!
It is so fun to go through the closet, at least I think so.
and it is great you can pass on the clothes to your daughter. Your both winners!
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Hopebaby » September 28th, 2007, 10:40 am

Good morning Hol, thanks for stopping by! LOL about the closet. It is kind of like shopping at home. I'd really rather shop in stores but since money is tight shopping at home is better than nothing and some of those clothes have never been worn! :oops:

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » September 29th, 2007, 2:46 am

Hopebaby wrote:Good morning Hol, thanks for stopping by! LOL about the closet. It is kind of like shopping at home. I'd really rather shop in stores but since money is tight shopping at home is better than nothing and some of those clothes have never been worn! :oops:

Linda

I had the same thing happen. I found clothes with tags that I had purchased at the Evil Empire otherwise know as Lane Bryant that I was waiting fit me better (and were now too big) or things I had purchased on Ebay that either hadn't fit or I hadn't had a chance to wear. It's amazing the stuff we have packed away in there!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Hopebaby » September 29th, 2007, 5:33 am

bikipatra wrote:I had the same thing happen. I found clothes with tags that I had purchased at the Evil Empire otherwise know as Lane Bryant that I was waiting fit me better (and were now too big) or things I had purchased on Ebay that either hadn't fit or I hadn't had a chance to wear. It's amazing the stuff we have packed away in there!

I won't be finding any bigger clothes I didn't wear. Everytime I grudgingly bought a larger size it was a necessity so I wore them. I think I am going to find some jeans and slacks though that I bought the year I quit smoking and either didn't get to wear them before I gained or I only wore them a few times. Because it was an upsetting situation and closet space is limited I can see several folded pants and jeans sitting up on the shelf. I have no idea what sizes and styles they are so it will be almost like shopping!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » September 29th, 2007, 5:40 am

I'm down a little again today but every little bit helps chip away at the mountain of flab! My new scales sometimes entice me by flashing a slightly lower number and then settle on their firm number. Usually the first number is like a preview because it is just a little lower and I sometimes hit that number the next day. It is like the scale is showing me coming attractions so stay tuned! That's happened a couple of times this week so it helps encourage me.

Yesterday I wore my favorite size 14 jeans that were my mainstay before losing weight. I love them because they are so comfortable. They have some stretch but don't lose shape and right not I am not stretching them at all and they are dangerously loose. I told my daughter to come by this weekend and they were hers. She was thrilled. I am devastated. I already have 2 replacements for these jeans I bought last year and then outgrew them before I even wore them both. They are very similar but not exactly the same. They aren't my favorite jeans! (Imagine a childish tantrum with me stamping my foot).

This conversation about the jeans took place while walking around and shopping with my daughter last night after eating out. She said why give them away when you still love them? I told her it was because I was afraid I was clinging to them "just in case" and I did not want to think that way so she could give them a good home.

Shopping aversion... next post.

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » September 29th, 2007, 5:52 am

Has anyone else had shopping aversion while losing or since reaching goal? I used to be a shopaholic and I don't know what happened to me!

Steph and I were shopping last night and she couldn't get me interested in anything. I know I will need some clothes soon but I don't want to buy clothes now that will be too big later. I don't want to buy clothes. I think I became uninterested in clothes when I got so fat. I used to be a clothes horse. Steph couldn't even interest me in shoes last night. I once had more shoes than Imelda Marcos!

I did buy a couple of light sweater/shells, a skirt and a 3/4 sleeve cardigan about a month ago. The only thing I have worn is the 3/4 sleeve cardigan and one of the shells once.

So what do I wear? Besides my favorite jeans, stretchy pants from Chicos (I forget the fabric name) and they are falling off me and I look ridiculous. In these loose clothes I can feel the success I have had so far. If I put on my smaller clothes and they are slightly tight I think I will feel fat. And I just keep having this feeling of "I'm not ready yet. I haven't lost enough weight to need new clothes".

The more you all buy the more I notice I'm not buying. Why? Is anyone else putting off buying new clothes, and undies?

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby BabyTrace » September 29th, 2007, 6:28 am

Hopebaby wrote: They are very similar but not exactly the same.

In my cornball family we call that "just alike, but different." :mrgreen:

Linda sometimes the things you post scare me because I often have the exact same thoughts!

The "coming attractions" on the scale....you know we have the same scale and of course mine does the same thing. That's exactly the way I think of those little previews. I get all excited because I know I'm going to be seeing it the next morning or so!

And on the shopping, same here when I had lost around 20 lbs. I knew I looked better and was swimming in my clothes but it wasn't enough to entice me to buy more. Partly because I knew I wouldn't be in that size for long but more because even though I would be buying a smaller size than I was wearing, the clothes weren't a size, and more importantly, I wasn't a size I was too thrilled about yet. I waited until around 30 lbs and truly was thrilled with the pants I finally bought, but now two to three weeks later those clothes are already starting to get baggy.

My only advice as I'm sure others will give is when/if you do buy do so sparingly. You will not be in those puppies for long!

Have a great day!
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Hopebaby » September 29th, 2007, 8:40 am

BabyTrace wrote:
Hopebaby wrote: They are very similar but not exactly the same.

In my cornball family we call that "just alike, but different." :mrgreen:

Linda sometimes the things you post scare me because I often have the exact same thoughts!

The "coming attractions" on the scale....you know we have the same scale and of course mine does the same thing. That's exactly the way I think of those little previews. I get all excited because I know I'm going to be seeing it the next morning or so!

And on the shopping, same here when I had lost around 20 lbs. I knew I looked better and was swimming in my clothes but it wasn't enough to entice me to buy more. Partly because I knew I wouldn't be in that size for long but more because even though I would be buying a smaller size than I was wearing, the clothes weren't a size, and more importantly, I wasn't a size I was too thrilled about yet. I waited until around 30 lbs and truly was thrilled with the pants I finally bought, but now two to three weeks later those clothes are already starting to get baggy.

My only advice as I'm sure others will give is when/if you do buy do so sparingly. You will not be in those puppies for long!

Have a great day!

I think you are right Tracy - I think 30 pounds is a good place to buy some new pants but only a few. I will just have to do laundry more often until I get to goal or wear baggy pants! Since I know I have jeans in size 12 and size 10 that will help. It is the slacks that I will need to buy. I'm not sure what I will do about tops yet. I am going to hold off on that until I get out my winter clothes next month. I don't have enough closet space so I put the alternate season's clothes in a huge wicker trunk and then switch them out twice a year. It is a big ordeal when that time comes but I just have too many clothes and not enough closet space. I need to downsize! LOL, I guess this downsizing of my body might help me downsize the amount of clothing I have eventually. As I get smaller my wardrobe will naturally get smaller as I give away the bigger sizes. Now if I can just keep from filling up the closets again with more clothing than I really need...

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Hiya

Postby Ginabobina1969 » September 29th, 2007, 9:37 am

Hiya Linda! I, just like Tracy, found a lot in commen with your post.
ImageImage hehe..ws looking for some sort of cute icons to go with the letting go of your pants and this is all I could find but it tickled me so thought I would share.

Scale previews, same thing here...it rarely fails me but when it does. :x
My attachment to clothing..and that favorite pair of pants...I am dealing with that right now as well.. I just love this pair of pants and they are already so loose my hubby sais from the back end it looks like...well nevermind.. :lol: but ewww.
Your doing great and I think the shopping aversion is totally normal in the beginning of this journey we're on. I know for me if I buy something I almost feel obligated to stay that size, so I won't have "wasted money" lol although I am gonna have to break down and buy bra's soon. :oops:

Keep Shakin your doing great!!
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby aquarianskye » September 29th, 2007, 10:04 am

WOOHOOO on the 20# club! YAHOO!

I can totally relate to the 'not ready to buy clothes yet'. I read about everyone else going shopping and as much as I want to I just can't go out and do it. $$ is tight here too right now. I'm wearing the same pants that I started in. I agree with Tracy and the whole, "why bother, I'm not going to be in them long anyway", idea.

I have decided that I am going to go out in about a week and buy new bottoms. I have to.

Hope you find stuff you like.

Skye
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby aquarianskye » September 29th, 2007, 10:07 am

Oh, I forgot to mention...move cross country and you'll purge a lot of things from your closet. That was a big motivator for me. Moving companies charge by weight.
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Hopebaby » September 29th, 2007, 10:47 am

Hi Gina,

Thanks for stopping by. Love the pants and letting go icons. Really cute. I am glad to hear that my issues are not mine alone.

I have been in the closet!!! I tried on about 25 pairs of pants and jeans - seriously. Some that were size 10 I didn't even attempt to try on. But I organized my closet with the size 10s in the back for later. Then I put the bunch of "10 more pounds" pants and jeans in front of the 10s. Then I put the "almost there" pants/jeans in front. Then I put the "ahhhh, they fit" ones right in front so I can find them easily. I also found some "too big" pants that are too long for my daughter so they will go to Goodwill.

With all the pants I found I think I will be okay for now. I will need to buy slacks later but until I get close to goal I shouldn't need to buy jeans. By the time I can wear all those size 10 jeans it will be winter and I like to wear jeans to work in bad weather. (I am lucky that I can wear whatever I want).

So I only culled a few pair because the Chico's slacks are still in there. Other than those stretchy pants I didn't find any brown or navy I can wear right now and it will be too cold for them in another month so I will cull them then when it gets cold. Am I copping out on those? LOL. Probably but I think I made some progress today.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby holberry » September 29th, 2007, 10:53 am

Im trying to invision you in your closet!!
25 pairs, woman, I think you are set!
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Hopebaby » September 29th, 2007, 10:53 am

aquarianskye wrote:WOOHOOO on the 20# club! YAHOO!

I can totally relate to the 'not ready to buy clothes yet'. I read about everyone else going shopping and as much as I want to I just can't go out and do it. $$ is tight here too right now. I'm wearing the same pants that I started in. I agree with Tracy and the whole, "why bother, I'm not going to be in them long anyway", idea.

I have decided that I am going to go out in about a week and buy new bottoms. I have to.

Hope you find stuff you like.

Skye

Hi Skye - thanks for stopping by my journal!

I guess it is common to hold onto your favorite pants then! LOL. However, my daughter is coming to "adopt" my favorite jeans tomorrow so I have to let my jeans go then! :x I will miss them! I don't know what other people thought but I thought I used to look really good in them.

The good news is I have about 4 new pair and one previously worn pair I found in my closet that fit me well right now and I have 3 levels of others that are still too tight to look forward to!

Also, I think I have some jeans stashed in the guest bedroom closet too. I will venture in there later today or tomorrow and see what I find. I still have one more closet in my bedroom too (two smaller ones instead of one big one) but it is all tops and dresses. I do need to go through the tops too but they have a little more overlap and are more forgiving than pants.

Linda
p.s. I know what you mean about moving cross-country. I have done it 3 times but the last time was almost 9 years ago so I have collected a lot since then!
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

Postby Hopebaby » September 29th, 2007, 10:56 am

holberry wrote:Im trying to invision you in your closet!!
25 pairs, woman, I think you are set!

Hi Hol! Clothes - it's a sickness with me! When I went to college I had to ship a trunk ahead of me and then I had several suitcases and boxes I brought with me. My roomate and dorm neighbors were stunned!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal