I Hope I'm Not a Turtle....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I Hope I'm Not a Turtle....

Postby StrivingSister » February 21st, 2006, 12:59 am

:( well, I got on the scale today, the third day, and no weight lost yet :( !

Unfortunately, no difference in the way my clothes feel yet either. :cry:

I initially wanted to wait to weigh myself after two weeks, but I couldn't resist. Believe me, I will resist for the next two upcoming weeks!

I'm doing everything correctly (with the exception of eyeballing my chicken portion - believe me, I was very conservative!). Here are a few theories I came up with:

1. Too much salt (though I read that people LOAD on the salt and still lose - I think I read one of Nancy's old posts that Terry and Unca have "white" food, if I'm not mistaken?). But I really have been uping my water intake to about 80-100 oz per day! I realy like to jazz up the meals with salt. So far I've had 15 different meals and I like EVERY one. With the exception of the shakes, bars, hot cocoa and cho pudd, I've salted everything. [Please don't take my salt away!!! - but if I must, I will].

2. My body is still adjusting.

3. For today and half of yesterday, I barely moved around. I slept a lot and was feeling sluggish overall. Maybe I didn't burn my regular daily calories from my everyday activities?

4. Maybe I'm weighing/ measuring my lean & green portions incorrectly? I will DEFINITELY get a food scale tmrw!

5. Maybe my body thinks that it's starving and could be holding on to the fat?

6. I feel a slight cold coming on and my woman's cycle is about 4-5 days away, maybe I'm retaining for those reasons?

7. or Maybe my scale is just tempermental??

:?:

Don't worry, I'm not giving up. I'm just a bit discouraged. Please, anyone have any thoughts?
Age 30-5'6 1/2"
Start: 2/18/06-5&1
Last Weigh-In: 9/19/06
3rd Mini: 50 by 7/30-Met 7/18!
4th Mini: 65 by 9/17-60.2
StrivingSister
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Huntersmom » February 21st, 2006, 2:11 am

StivingSister~just hang in there. It is probably your woman's cycle. I have read on other post that this has happened to other people as well. Good luck, you will lose weight if you keep it up.
Huntersmom

Postby Serendipity » February 21st, 2006, 3:46 am

Hi sister,

I would definately recommend the food scale. You will be amazed at the size of a 7 oz. portion! :shock:

I would agree with huntersmom. My cycle messes me up every month and sometimes I think for more than a week before. Don't worry, you'll start seeing results very soon.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ljm498 » February 21st, 2006, 4:20 am

I have to agree that I think your biggest culprit right now is the time of month. I'll bet you anything that once it passes you will see a great loss. Hang in there! It gets easier! :D
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby JustLynda » February 21st, 2006, 6:15 am

I'll take #4, #5, and #6.

Serendipity is right about the size of a 7oz. portion. I just went and bought a new food scale because I was convinced that my other scale just had to be broken the meat portions were so large! Well, it was broken...just in the opposite direction. :lol: Now, I'm getting even more meat with my lean & green. I was also surprised by how large a 2 1/2 cup salad can be. I had dinner with my family the other night, and they all thought that I was cheating since my plate was so full.

Just stick with it...weigh again after a week and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby big ron » February 21st, 2006, 6:34 am

Sister,
If you work the plan the weight will come off. :weightlift: This program works. The body doesnt lose at a linear amount, that is is may hold on then suddenly overnight you lose 2 lbs. I have lost as many as 4 lbs in one day. But then not lose for days. Women are more chalenged with hormonal and fluid changes tht TOM causes. Hang in there you will be a loser too!!! :pet: Ron
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 21st, 2006, 6:44 am

Yeah I am definitley leaning the same way of the other women. My TOM messes me up big time. What is wierd is that most of the women on here seem to have TOM the same week so how we all got on the same cycle is beyond me.

Also my first week I lost nothing from Sunday to Friday and on Fri I registered a 4lb loss but then I dropped another 6lbs from Fri till Sun when I weighed again for a total of 10lbs that week.

Hang in there the weight will be coming off soon!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby stelar » February 21st, 2006, 7:28 am

:wave: Hi Sister! I'm with Ron. I will stay at the same weight for DAYS and then all of a sudden I'm down 2 lbs. It's only day 3, give it a chance. You didn't gain the weight overnight :hug: You'll be fine. Hang in there.

Shakin' with you,
Stela :rose:
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lauradr » February 21st, 2006, 7:42 am

don't be discouraged.It will come off!! hang in there
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Kido » February 21st, 2006, 7:57 am

I will chime in with the rest here, don't get discouraged. The program does work.

My suggestion is not to get all scale worried. I believe 1-2lbs can fluctuate on a daily basis. There are so many factors that you can go crazy thinking about them.

It will come off, I have faith.
Kido
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 21st, 2006, 8:01 am

When I saw your subject line..the first thing that popped into my head was the Looney toons version of "the Tortoise and the Hare" then that got me to thinking how the turtle always wins.

I think I know why....
The turtle starts out slow but steady. He never takes his eyes of the goal. He doesn't allow anything to distract him.. he just keeps plodding along. He knows if he just keeps moveing he will reach his goal.

The rabbit, on the other hand zooms away at top speed. He is so busy looking over his shoulder to see how the turtle is doing he takes his eyes off the goal. He gets full of himself...he is so much further ahead it won't hurt to relax a bit. While he is relaxing..the turtle passes him up and reaches the goal.

It might not be so bad being a "turtle" just keep your eyes on the goal. ;) :)

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » February 22nd, 2006, 3:48 pm

I'm a total turtle when it comes to weight loss, but as you can see from my ticker, I've come a long way (it's just taken me awhile to do it). It doesn't seem like it most of the time, but there ARE a couple of advantages to being a turtle:

1. We lose gradually, so we don't usually get the extra skin that many others struggle with.

2. We get lots of time to get used to this way of eating (small, frequent meals).

You'll get there. If you ARE a turtle, it will take time and patience, but it will happen. In the meantime, I'm with everyone else. Don't put quite so much stock in the scale; recognize that it fluctuates all the time based on all sorts of variables.

Also, salt away if your blood pressure can take it, but try drinking more water to get rid of all that salt and bloat. And definitely weigh your food; you could very well be having too little protein and throwing things off.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.