I have great hope!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I have great hope!

Postby Thinwithin » February 12th, 2006, 10:19 am

I'm new, just started MF today. My weight has bounced from 220 to 135 to 179 to 149 to 220 to 155 to today's 185. I had a baby in there somewhere! I have great frustration waiting for the weight to leave, and consequently my motivation waxes and wanes. HOWEVER, I know that I do well with extremes (liquid diets vrs Weight Watchers), mostly because my "choice" is gone and I'm not "suffering" for 1 lb. a week. That's torture. Once I get down to my goal, 140, I can maintain by changing how I view myself easier because I'll be in my thin clothes.

One thing I have learned along this path of life...if I think I'm fat, I'll dress like I'm fat and eat like I'm fat. If I think of myself as a thin person, I'm a picky eater and eat like a thin person...only what I like. For me the battle is in the mind, not with the appetite.

So even as my stomach growls away here, I am very excited about the next 30 days. At every point in my life when I've dropped the excess weight, good things have happened for me. I have faith that there are good things in my future. Am going to hang on for the next 30 days. All the encouragement and success stories I've been reading are incredibly encouraging. Thank you!
I can do all things through Christ....
Thinwithin

Postby falisamarie » February 12th, 2006, 1:11 pm

Thinwithin

Great to have you here :wave: I know that you are going to do great on this program and you are so right that the future has great things in store for you. Just follow the program and drink your water and you will be shrinking away!

Keep reading and posting it is a great help

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby cydj21 » February 12th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Welcome, Thinwithin! :D It's great to have you join our MF family.

Congratulations on all your early success. Taking the first steps, and recognizing your triggers and mental state of being will be a big help for you as you begin your Medifast journey...good for you that you already have so much of that insight! Good luck with week one, and as Lisa said come back and post often! :)
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Thinwithin -- newbie

Postby Jan » February 13th, 2006, 7:38 am

Hi There Thin,
Don't worry your stomach won't be growling toooo much longer. The first three days or so are the hardest. After that the growling subsides and you must remember to get in that 5th meal replacement. It is really a pretty easy program. Make sure and drink your water, be very very compliant and the pounds will be a thing of the past. I always advise not to watch the scale toooo closely. Especially for people who are prone to "scale discouragement". When you get to your goal be sure and transistion back and then follow maintenance. You won't be yo yo'ing any more. I'll be watching for you.
:D jan
Last edited by Jan on February 13th, 2006, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Preferred member

Thank you!

Postby Thinwithin » February 13th, 2006, 10:35 am

Your replies are very helpful! I'd forgotten about the water. I appreciate your encouragement. Sometimes it's easy to have insight yet still difficult to get to goal. BUT, I'm grateful for your positive words and have re-read them several times already!
I can do all things through Christ....
Thinwithin

Return to Come on in.