Holiday Gifts for Ourselves...

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Taangrl21 » December 29th, 2006, 6:42 am

Thats cool Biki....I hope its a winner...
I just got one for Christmas, for the 2nd year,that I absolutly LOVE...its Stila Major Lash Mascara...I love my eyes so I definitly play them up...It makes them so full and stays on very well.

Have you looked on Ebay for the Holy Grail???
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 29th, 2006, 7:23 am

Taangrl21 wrote:Thats cool Biki....I hope its a winner...
I just got one for Christmas, for the 2nd year,that I absolutly LOVE...its Stila Major Lash Mascara...I love my eyes so I definitly play them up...It makes them so full and stays on very well.

Have you looked on Ebay for the Holy Grail???

I generally read the reviews on Makeup Alley but also ask people I see with enviable lashes what they use. I am currently using DiorShow. Benefit Bad Girl gives great results but flakes and smears if you take a little nappy. In a pinch I fall back on my childhood fave, Lancome Definicils. I go back to it again and again. Let me also say that I often wear false lashes because I love the impact they give my eyes, so a mascara that blends my natural lashes in well with the falsies is a plus. I wear full strips and sometimes individual lashes on my outer eyes for a doe-eyed look.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » December 29th, 2006, 8:56 am

I love Lancome Definicils. I have long lashes and love the effect, too. It stays on all day and doesn't smear one iota.

My DIL envy's my lashes, but I always tell her I'd be happy to trade her even up for her great body, hehe.....you know the kind.....no stretch marks, great perky boobs, flat stomach, long legs, cute butt.......sigh
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 29th, 2006, 10:27 am

Serendipity wrote:I love Lancome Definicils. I have long lashes and love the effect, too. It stays on all day and doesn't smear one iota.

Because of my contacts I can't wear waterproof mascara. But I have found that Definicils acts waterproof even when it isn't. I can cry and not do a Tammy Faye! Also, I love the fact that it doesn't come off until you TAKE it off. When I was younger and had frequent sleepovers (no comment) I would wake-up with lashes as lovely as when I had applied my mascara the previous morning!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby alpha femme » December 29th, 2006, 12:40 pm

i use the stila, too. but i also really like prescriptives' "false lashes." it goes on amazingly well and lasts forever. unfortunately, sephora doesn't sell it, and i'm a dedicated S-girl... long story.

i'm still looking for the hot girl store.

maybe someone can send me a coupon for 20% off a thick latina.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » December 29th, 2006, 10:09 pm

Well, heck, Alex, there are usually some hot girls hanging out in Sephora, aren't there? Two birds, one stone?

My last Philosophy package came today (did I mention that I ordered more?). Yay. I DO stink good, if I say so myself. And my friend who came to help me with Maggie loved the Candy Cane 3-in-one gel and moisturizer I stuck in the guest bathroom for her.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 29th, 2006, 11:02 pm

alpha femme wrote:maybe someone can send me a coupon for 20% off a thick latina.

Ya know, I don't know if you are into comics, but in light of the above, you might be fascinated by and sucked into "Love and Rockets" by Jaime & Gilbert Hernandez... which features characters I think you'd really like (for example, Maggie & Hopey) :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » December 30th, 2006, 1:58 pm

BerkshireGrl wrote:
alpha femme wrote:maybe someone can send me a coupon for 20% off a thick latina.

Ya know, I don't know if you are into comics, but in light of the above, you might be fascinated by and sucked into "Love and Rockets" by Jaime & Gilbert Hernandez... which features characters I think you'd really like (for example, Maggie & Hopey) :D

comix are cool, but i'm really hoping for something with a pulse.
breasts are nice, too.

and, as for sephora, yeah there are hot girls in there. i did a little extra shopping when i went to vegas back in september, but haven't found anything extra special since. i actually really dig sephora because they will walk through anything you need them to. and because... well... yeah. hot girls everywhere.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby MISSANNE » December 30th, 2006, 11:23 pm

Because of my contacts I can't wear waterproof mascara. But I have found that Definicils acts waterproof even when it isn't. I can cry and not do a Tammy Faye! Also, I love the fact that it doesn't come off until you TAKE it off. When I was younger and had frequent sleepovers (no comment) I would wake-up with lashes as lovely as when I had applied my mascara the previous morning!

FYI: Definicils comes in water proof and regular. I have contacts also and if you use their Booster beforehand! VAAVOOM!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » December 31st, 2006, 5:18 am

MISSANNE wrote:

FYI: Definicils comes in water proof and regular. I have contacts also and if you use their Booster beforehand! VAAVOOM!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

I am aware that it comes in waterproof but the regular is water resistant enough for me while also complying with the instructions of my opthamologist. I use a heated eyelash curler which seems to help my lashes too. I get accused of wearing falsies all the time-probably because I often do!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 31st, 2006, 8:24 am

alpha femme wrote:comix are cool, but i'm really hoping for something with a pulse. breasts are nice, too.

There might be a barcode you can clip and send in with proof of purchase... ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » December 31st, 2006, 11:39 am

BerkshireGrl wrote:
alpha femme wrote:comix are cool, but i'm really hoping for something with a pulse. breasts are nice, too.

There might be a barcode you can clip and send in with proof of purchase... ;)

you think?!? all i need is one-- i can put it in front of a mirror and- poof!- instant set!
alpha femme
Preferred member

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'