History Repeating

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Re: History Repeating

Postby ascicles » July 25th, 2006, 3:41 pm

alpha femme wrote:no doctor will ever tell you that eating at micky d's once in a while is "ok." they will usually tell you to avoid it at all costs. we choose to remove these hazards from our own diets, but then some of us allow our kids to continue to have it (however limitedly). a cheeseburger happy meal has 670 calories. that is astounding to me.

Actually, I have heard a lot of doctors say that it is ok to have fast food every once in a while. I don't mean to sidetrack your thread, but I just thought I should point that out.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 25th, 2006, 3:46 pm

i agree-- some fast food, like subway or el pollo loco, can be fine every once in a while. however, pretty much any doctor will tell you that the ideal interval to eat somewhere like mcdonalds is... never. :? people who hae worked there and seen what goes in the food/prep area will tell you the same thing. but for far different reasons. :roll:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » July 25th, 2006, 3:51 pm

i worked at taco bell... you'd think that would have stopped me :D
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elke » July 25th, 2006, 5:25 pm

This is very interesting. I rarley ever had fast food growing up. We were only allowed one glass of soda once a week when we went out to dinner as a family. I will admit that I did not do the same for my children. I have 2 boys that work in the fast food industry and eat there quite often, and they are not one ounce overweight. I have chips in my house, pop but my kids don't sit and eat everything. I can remember I would have to throw out their holloween candy at Christmas time to make room for christmas candy, they were only allowed 1 piece a day. I think its all in how you moniter what your kids eat. They can have the "junk" food and also know not to eat it all. Remember I didn't have all this junk while growing up and here I am at mf trying to loose weight.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'