Hey ya'll

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hey ya'll

Postby MamaD » February 1st, 2004, 8:46 am

Well, I here..
I'm a New old user!!
Had great success with medifast in the past, and I know what a wonderful product and boon it can be.

I am starting over and want to lose 50 pounds. I will be 50 in 27 days and I dont' want to feel 50 anymore!! I have a lot of living to do..and by golly I am goign to do it!~!!

Much thanks to the post so far... you have offered me the boost I need to get off my baHooty and get going!!

I agree with B2R I dont' like to weigh either... it tends to set my whole day one way or the other!! I think that i am going to do it one day week and the other days the scales are going to stay in the closet!!

And bring on the white pants!!-- going on a cruise in June..and I plan to be a white pant girl for sure!!

Thanks again!~!
CC
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby finalstraw » February 1st, 2004, 9:05 am

Thanks for Joining us, we can always use more post. You say you have done this before with great success - what kind? We all need motivation (espically us new and first timers).

Welcome and jump right in. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » February 1st, 2004, 9:57 am

Welcome MamaD!

I have a very close friend we all call Mama D, so just seeing your name gives me a great, happy feeling!

Glad to meet you. :)

Kimbob the Warm-and-Fuzzy
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 1st, 2004, 10:06 am

Welcome CC!!

It was great to talk to you! Looking forward to reading your posts!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Day 1

Postby MamaD » February 2nd, 2004, 8:59 am

8)

Ok I am on day one...it is 10:48 I have had one shake and so far I am a whopping success!!!!! :!:

someone please check with me at 10 tonight!!!

Thanks for all the kind welcoming words..this is just what I need.

Stephanie you asked about my hints.. well being as I fell off the wagon, I really dont' know that I am a good one to be giving advice. I think that the number one thing you have to do is drink that dang water... and I mean just stand there and chug it down... you dont' have to savor ever drop...and KEEP BUSY!!

I am in a very unique situation in that my children are both at college. So it is just my husband and I. My husband is very supportive as long as I sit with him while he eats, he doesn't care what I eat. I dont' have to have junk food in the house for the kids and I have told my husband that the only ice cream to come in this house better have nuts and peanut butter in it...cause I hate that!! (messes up the ice cream don't you know).

You have to keep busy. Put yourself on a schedule. If you stay at home then you need to plan a good exercise routine every day... and when you are done with that... you won't want to eat!! If it gets tough at night and you can't take it anymore... GO TO BED!!

I work at an elementary school, so there is always temptations... I have primed the children..."Don't feed Mrs. D" No cupcakes...no suckers...no nothing... they do so love to share with me.

As you lose weigh go buy rice. Go to a wholesale wearhouse and buy a big bag cheap and some ziplock bags. Weigh it out in one pound increments . If you ONLY lose one pound carry that one pound around with you for about 20 minutes... and see how heavy one extra pound on your heart can be. I kept mine in a box... as I lost a pound I threw the bag in there... 10 pounds is a lot!!! Then when you dont' need that for encouragement anymore donate it to the foodbank.

Did you all see the oprah show where they showed the body that had been distroyed by fat?? Wow!!! that woke me up!!! One pound is a lot...just vow to keep it off. We all have a lot to do in our lives and weight is an issue... it slows us down and keeps us from being the powerful people that God meant for us to be.

Kimbob...the mamaD is the the name that my children's friends all call me! One thing about college I do miss those kids being in and out!!

Ok that is it... take care..
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby finalstraw » February 2nd, 2004, 9:10 am

Thanks, you are very inspirational. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 2nd, 2004, 1:54 pm

Hi Mama and welcome to the forum,
Looks like you're back on the right road...:)

You're right on about the water. One thing i find is, that if I always have a bottle in front of me, I sip all day and it's not such of a chore. I'm blessed though. Most of my life I had fresh mountain spring water outside my window and I'm actually addicted to H2O.

Got them white pants picked out yet?

Oh...and we expect a report at 10 tonight...:)
Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby MamaD » February 2nd, 2004, 2:08 pm

Hi Unca

thanks for the note...so far so good...

Women's Cropped Chino Pants - Lands' End

Ok this is it... opps the link did not show up... well anyway... these are them... with NO ELASTIC!!!!

off to guzzle some of augusta's finest!!!
MamaD
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.