Help please - abdominal pain and "stopped up!"

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Help please - abdominal pain and "stopped up!"

Postby Suzie Q » July 9th, 2006, 7:47 am

Greetings all!

I don't know where to post this, so I hope this forum is okay. This is the second day of my third week.

I feel really badly. Lower abdominal pain and I feel constipated. Day before yesterday I drank 64oz of Crystal Light (throughout the day) and I don't know whether that has to do with it or not. But I feel bloated and stomach is gassy and sensitive. Don't feel like eating anything. ONly want to drink water. Movement is uncomfortable and somewhat painful. :(

I"m thinking I may need to use a mild laxative (never done so before) to help with this.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it have to do with the Crystal Light? Is it okay to take the laxative. This is not a pleasant subject but it's a killer for me right now. I have to give a 3-hr speech on Thursday morning and I'm not sure I can do it. PLEASE advise!

Thank you all. Your responses to earlier 2 inquiries were very helpful.

Suzie
Suzie Q

Postby Joelie » July 9th, 2006, 8:04 am

Hi Susie Q.

Sorry you are having a rough time of things. I can't stand that bloated, gassy, sensitive feeling.
I'm not too sure on the Crystal Light being the cause, I've never had it. I love my H20 straight up. Image

Do you like broccoli and cauliflower? I eat lots of it for my "green"...several times a week actually, and it seems to keep things moving pretty regularily. ;)

I haven't needed to take anything for "sandbox" issues as of yet.
I know some people use things like Benefiber, which is sugar-free and from what others have reported...it WORKS! Image
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby GucciGoo » July 9th, 2006, 8:28 am

I always recommend a small amount of mineral oil to speed things up a little. Extra water will definitely help. Try drinking a few more glasses.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 9th, 2006, 8:30 am

I take Metamucil capsules daily in addition to the H20 to try to ward off constipation; however, I have had to take a mild laxative a couple of times in the last four months. If you need to take one, do it. You'll feel much better.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » July 9th, 2006, 11:12 am

I take a fiber capsule and some extra vitamin C every day, which seems to help, as do water and plenty of fibrous veggies. Benefiber can help, too.

Are you not going at all, or is it just difficult? Maybe you need extra water and a stool softener rather than a laxative?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

BM update (geez, what a subject title!)

Postby Suzie Q » July 9th, 2006, 4:42 pm

Greetings all:

How lovely that you are all so interested, caring and responsive to my BM issues. It makes me feel warm all over. Seriously, I appreciate all the feedback, very practical ideas and ones I will certainly use because I DON'T want to go through this again.

My hubby went to the drug store at noon and talked with the pharmacist (ah, so pleased that there is one more person who knows I am having these problems!) The pharmacist suggested Dulcolax suppository to get things moving and Mylanta to soothe the stomach. I used the suppository and felt better promptly. Not back to normal, but a definite improvement. It took a load off my mind ... and other places. Following the "event" I made pronouncement with flourishes to family. Frankly, I thought the announcement should have been preceded with a brASS band, but that was a pipe dream. However, one must take care that what initially feels like one must pass gas, may have a surprise ... 'nuff said.

I am 59 and the subject of BMs is often a meaningful one for me. Many the AM I've said to hubby, "Yo, I just had a wonderful BM and I have a spring again in my feet...I feel like I'm 55!!

Those who are younger may not realize that as one gets older this subject matter becomes more prevalent in conversation with family and significant others. Sort of like discussing the fact that the Red Sox won the world series. There's some marvel and excitement in the event.

Back to my "condition". I can now see daylight and feel sure I'll be getting totally better soon. I value the words of those who responded to my inquiry. Thank you. Also, it calmed me to know that I'm not alone in this. I also did a keyword search on this site for CONSTIPATION. My but this has been discussed at length - a burning issue for many! I learned a lot reading it all.

Your suggestions will be heeded. Ironically we already had some Citracal powder (SF orange) and some Metamucil tablets. My husband's doctor had suggested he use it. Dear hubby bought the stuff but decided he didn't like it. I always knew he was full of "it" and this just confirmed it for me.

So I'm going to take the suggestion of mixing the Citracal with the shakes. I also love broccoli and will eat more of it.

Thank you all and here's wishing healthy BMs to all!

Suzie
Suzie Q

Postby Unca_Tim » July 9th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Don't forget to weigh yourself after the "event".

That may increase the smile on your face....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby DogMa » July 9th, 2006, 8:23 pm

Hey, if you can't discuss this stuff with a bunch of strangers online, who CAN you discuss it with??

Seriously, it IS a fairly common topic here. I know it's been the subject of a couple of MY journal entries. Sigh.

Glad you're feeling better.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Arklahoma » July 10th, 2006, 7:14 am

So glad to hear things are well on the colon front. Hope you weighed, b/c it will put a smile on your face and a spring in your step :-)
Arklahoma

Postby sidrah » July 10th, 2006, 7:56 am

I think we can safely say this isn't an embarrassing question any longer. Helps to know you aren't along, though, huh?

Have fun giving your speech. 3 hours is a long time.
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss