help a newbie

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

help a newbie

Postby jceebe » February 7th, 2005, 8:42 am

Hi all! I am on day 5 and I am just wondering how long it takes to start feeling better, I am tired and weak feeling, I know this will pass but I hope soon, I am having difficulty sleeping thru the night I wake up feeling like I am in la la land which could be a good thing lol, but I need my sences about me. I feel like my body is going thru a major detox, which is wonderful but I wonder how long this will last. I am using 5 suppliments a day, I am not eating the lean and green meal, but I am eating the celery, I am drinking tons of water and green tea one cup of coffee a day. Is there something else I should be doing? I hope this is just temporary...Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!!!!! :D
jceebe

Postby raederle » February 7th, 2005, 9:11 am

Hi there, and welcome! Others here are more expert about things than I am, but I can offer my 2 cents anyway, til some old hands chime in! :mrgreen:

Some people do feel weak for a few days; usually the worst passes by day 3, but it can take a few weeks for your bod to really adjust and start feeling "energized." That said, you certainly shouldn't be feeling terrible for weeks on end. I'm wondering if your doctor told you to have only 5 supps a day? Most people have 6 supps a day when they do the full fast, so you may be consuming too few calories. One other possibility is caffeine overload-- it's best to limit caffeine as much as you can; one coffee a day is fine, but maybe having lots of green tea is wiping you out? (Not sure if you're having 1 cup a day or 19...!) Also, if you feel lightheaded (is that what you mean by la la land ;) ?), potassium and sodium can help, which you can get from MF FastSoups, from bouillion, and from Morton's lite salt (has potassium added).

Also, how much water are you drinking? Ideally, about 100 oz a day is best, and I find that even though it *is* a ton of water, drinking that much makes me feel better and helps me lose. Your bod needs the water to rid itself of the flab you're ditchin'...

We'll figure out how to help you feel better!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Welcome Jceebe!!!

Postby cthrn007 » February 7th, 2005, 9:17 am

Just wanted to say hello & welcome!!

I was kind of tired the first few days as well...but stepping on the scale and trying on new clothes that actually started fitting better my second week was all the motivation I needed!! I was a bit dizzy but learned that a cup of bullion with the salt helped that out a lot... Week three I started exercising and that gives me energy - especially since I am only allowed to do 1/2 of what I usually did as a routine... I LOVE that!!!

Every day I read this board to get inspiration, motivation and new recipe ideas woth MF to make it through the day... just keep shakin' and keep logging in to chat with us and we can keep you going!!

Sounds like you are doing everything right and MF works...so just hang in there a few more and the results will perk you right up!!

I am pulling for ya and looking forward to chatting along our journey with MF!!!

Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby jceebe » February 7th, 2005, 9:22 am

Hugs to you all! I think I will up my supps and down my caffeine. I am so glad to have found this site! Its going to help me so much Thanks all!!!
jceebe

Postby raederle » February 7th, 2005, 10:22 am

I hope those adjustments help! Keep coming back and tell us how you're doing-- little changes can make a big difference on MF, for better *or* for worse, so keep us informed! People here have been through a lot of trial and error, so it's better to take advantage of that (I sure do!) than to go through some troubles needlessly. (Though I know sometimes that's the only way to learn...!)

Oh-- and one more thing. Nancy always says, there is no need to feel hungry, so it's better to have an extra shake a day than to feel like you're starving and about to keel over. An extra 90 calories is much better than an extra pizza :shock: cuz you're so hungry you can't resist temptation! ;) Not sure if you've been hungry, but keep this in mind if it happens.
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby monkeymom » February 7th, 2005, 10:28 am

I honestly can't offer any advice since I really didn't have much trouble the first 3 days (lucky me), and am very much a newbie myself, 2nd week now. But I can tell you this, you've done the perfect thing posting your problem here! You will get lots of info (which you already have), and as rae said, hang in there because someone will help you figure out what is going on.
So remember, if it's not feeling right, get to the forum quick!! And then sit back and wait for all the wonderful support.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby jceebe » February 9th, 2005, 6:51 am

I just wanted to pop in with an update, I am now on day 7 and I feel FABULOUS!! No more weekness I slept thru the night last night, I have more energy today than I have had in 6 months! I am glad I didnt give up thru those hard days, oh by the way I had an amazing......9lb !!!!!! 1st week loss!!!!! wooohooooooooo........ :lol:
jceebe

Postby raederle » February 9th, 2005, 6:55 am

jceebe, that's terrific! I'm so glad you stuck it out, and I'm very glad you feel much better. And what a loss!!! Way to go!!! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

9 lbs!!! Oh my goodness!!! That's so cool!!!

Postby cthrn007 » February 9th, 2005, 9:48 am

You know...before Medifast it took me eleven months to get rid of 9 lbs. through cutting back and major excercise with a personal trainer that would make me cry!!! Isn't that FABULOUS!!! MF WORKS!!!

I am sooooo excited for you :hi5: and isn't that MOTIVATING enough to drive you through the diet for a while! Just knowing that 9lbs. can disappear for me to in a week or so carries me through the rough times!!!
I try on the same things over and over and go over to the mirror model for my cat... ohhh kitty... look at my butt in these today!!! :) Not bad at all!!

I am so glad that you feel great and have had such wonderful success!

Keep up the great work jceebe!!! Here's to an even more fabulous week!!
~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby sister » February 9th, 2005, 10:09 am

Hi jceebe!
You have found the right place to get you through your weight loss!
I have been on MF for a month and I experienced the same thing as you in the beginning. What got me through the day was keeping hot chicken boullion with me in a thermal mug. I would sip on it when I felt woozie and it took it away. I noticed you originally said 5 supps a day... I do know that is NOT enough if you are not eating regular food too. You need at least 6-7 a day.
Glad you are feeling better now. It is a process to get into the swing of things. A month later, I am 23 pounds lighter and feel GREAT :yippee: !!!

Keep on shakin'!!

Sherri
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Postby Nancy » February 9th, 2005, 10:10 am

Jaceebe ~

Welcome! Isn't it great when the Forum Family quickly comes to your rescue? They all gave you excellent advice.

The first few days to two weeks is an adjustment period and also a very important time to read the Quick Start book through a couple of times.

Caffeine and its effects are exacerbated while Medifasting. I find that if I have a cup of coffee in the afternoon, it keeps me perking until 1-2 AM.

I used to love a cup of Lipton's "Lemon Lift" in the late afternoon or after supper - no more...it LIFTS me for too long and it takes forever to wear off. Now when I take tea, it is herbal tea for the Leopard One or she is on the prowl until the wee hours of the morning...

Caffeine can make you feel shakey and weak. The Fast Soups and Bouillon are our friends - it helps to rebalance our electrolytes, is filling and also satisfying.

Shake :yay: it up and shake it off! :water:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby jceebe » February 9th, 2005, 11:18 am

Thanks everyone. I know that the caffeine was doing me in this past week, what a difference when I cut it out, and the amazing thing is I had no headaches or anything, I woke up feeling like a new person and feeling great. I am so excited about MF , Nancy if thats your picture on the top of the page wowweeee what an inspiration!!! I want to do what you did! Everyone is so nice here, I need to make sure I register.....thanks all! :D
jceebe

Postby monkeymom » February 9th, 2005, 12:11 pm

Congrats jceebe!! So glad to hear you are feeling better. I experienced the energy rush you talked about on day 4, and haven't stopped since.
I do wish I could stay awake longer in the evenings to do homework, but that's another story. Might have to try some of Leopard Woman's lemon lift tea :)

Happy Shaking
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby Nancy » February 9th, 2005, 11:48 pm

jaceebee ~

Yup, that's moi up there - Mikey and Spidey saw me wearin' my leathers and my one-arm shirt when we were in one-arm bandit territory...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby explorthis » February 10th, 2005, 7:50 am

Mikey and Spidey saw me wearin' my leathers and my one-arm shirt

lol.. Yes, not only did I see her, but actually picked her UP off the ground in a quido type hug. She is about as tiny/skinny as my skin-n-bones 14 year old daughter.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.