HEADACHE!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

HEADACHE!!

Postby LilMsTexas » March 10th, 2005, 7:02 am

Ok........The first three days are gone!! WOOOHOOOO!!! I am already down 3.4 and I"M VERY EXCITED!! However................

I have had a headache from H@LL the past three days like none I've ever had in my life. Everything I read mentioned "mild" headaches. This however has been excrutiating and I took 3-800mg Motrins yesterday that didn't make a dent. I woke feeling better this morning, but now I still have a mild headache. PLEASE tell me this will pass and give me some advice as to what I might do to help speed up the process.

What do ya'll eat for your "lean n green" meals? I've done pretty good the past 3 days, but I'm going to need some variety here pretty quick. I'm in this for the long haul and I just don't want to eat the same thing every night :?

Hope to hear from ya'll today....especially about my headache. I'm really needing some help with that.
CHEERS!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby raederle » March 10th, 2005, 7:13 am

Hey Christi... I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy, but happy you're losing so well! I don't have any earth-shattering ideas about the headaches, but you might try upping your sodium (by having some FastSoup or bouillion, for example); that helps some people with headaches. They nearly always pass after the first week, so hang in there!

As for lean & greens, I get sick of chicken and salad, too, so I've turned to having veggie burgers (just the patties) with a heap of steamed asparagus. (Amazingly, asparagus has as much protein as it does carbs, which are almost all fiber anyway; it's a wonderfood!) I sometimes "fry" (in cooking spray) some mushrooms and put a smidge of low-sugar teriyaki marinade on 'em for some flavor, then put 'em on top of the veggie burger patty. Yum! (Just check the labels if you buy veggie burgers; the varieties all differ in the amount of protein & carbs-- look for one with fewer than 10 g of carbs or so... I like Morningstar Grillers.)

Sometimes I get an urge for eggs, too, and I'll whip up one egg, plus one egg white, and make scrambled eggs with a side of asparagus or steamed broccoli. You could also use egg substitute-- just don't go too crazy with real eggs; you wouldn't want to have them more than twice a week because they're higher in sat fat / cholesterol than other "lean" meats).

I'm sure others will have some creative ideas!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » March 10th, 2005, 7:51 am

Thanks for getting back to me Rae. I keep telling myself this will pass...I'm just needing it to be QUICKER! :| I actually had thought about the sodium and I'm sure that will help some.

I completely forgot about eggs. Can we have the Southwestern Egg Beaters? Those things are so good. I need to make up some hamburger patties with lean hamburger and " PAM fry" some zuchini.

See I got fat by not eating healthy if you can believe that :shock: so I'm not real good at thinking of vegetables to eat and ways to prepare them. I'm sure stock prices in the pepperridge farms TEXAS TOAST division are going to plummit!!! Chick-fil-a could be bankrupt in a matter of weeks!!! I guess it's time I started supporting the farmers market :D

I hope many will respond and give me some ideas to get my plate filled up with some healthy ON PLAN food so I can keep some VAR-I-E-TY in my life. Strange how it never bothered me to have McDonald's every morning and Chick-fil-A at least 3 times a week, but I'm stressing over the same healthy food everyday and suddenly I need variety lol.

I'm about ready to go pour salt on a pencil and eat it if it will make this headache go away!!!!

Thanks again for getting back with me. It's about oatmeal time for me.
HUGS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby raederle » March 10th, 2005, 7:59 am

LilMsTexas wrote:Can we have the Southwestern Egg Beaters? Those things are so good.

I just checked out the EggBeaters site and looked at the nutrition info; EB (even the Southwestern ones) are so low in carbs and high in protein that I don't see any reason why you can't have 'em. Just measure to make sure you know how much you're eating... but still, you could have 4 servings (1 cup total) and you'd still be eating about the nutritional equivalent of 4 oz. of chicken breast. I say go for it! I might just pick some up myself!!!

As for veggie ideas, pick up some salad-in-a-bag that's now in every grocery store-- so you can just dump some in a bowl and go. Peruse the frozen veggie section and grab a bag of whatever strikes your fancy (just read labels to make sure you're not getting anything too carby, like corn). Then wander over to the spices aisle and grab some seasonings that sound good, and to the ketchup/salad dressing aisle, where you can find some low-carb/low-sugar marinades that you can splash on top. Then just have fun experimenting!

I know whatcha mean about Chick-Fil-A. Man, those chicken nuggets and waffle fries were terrific. But don't worry-- after you've reached goal, you can have a few. (Just maybe not quite as many, and not quite as often, as before! ;) )
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby doglover » March 10th, 2005, 8:31 am

Hey LilMsTexas! I had a whopper of a headache yesterday. I slept on a off all afternoon and evening and was sound asleep by 10:30 it was so bad. My hubby actually got worried as he said I was so pale. But I may have been fighting off a bug or something. I thought it was due to a salad I ate in the afternoon (and may have been). All I can say is try cold washclothes on your head and close your eyes! Do you work during the day in an office? Hopefully if it is related to MF, it will subside soon! Your body is rebelling! Keep strong!!!
:lightbeam: Go Away Headache!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » March 10th, 2005, 8:44 am

Hey Donna,
I used the washcloth yesterday big time. I felt like cramming it into my eyeballs to cool off my brain! I do work in an office and the circulation is less than adequate, so I have to work around that too. But this three day headache has definitely been due to the diet. I have to keep in mind that I also have Type II diabetes so my body is really struggling. So far today it is better....still a little one...but nothing as severe. I sure hope you feel better today too :D Thanks for checking in on me. All you guys are going to be my lifesaver :cheerleader:

I hope as I get more secure with the program I will be a help to someone else and pass on the love :D

Have a great day!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby 24KaratGold » March 10th, 2005, 9:23 am

I eat a lot of fish for my lean and green meal. Salmon -- mmm, yummy! Plus it's available in a lot of restaurants, and so is easy to stay on plan when dining out. Halibut is good too, and shrimp and crab are so good, and four to five ounces is so MUCH, that it's hard to believe that you're eating it to lose weight.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LadyinVA » March 10th, 2005, 9:32 am

Any chance that you cut out caffeine when you began Medifast. I know that if I dont have caffeine I will get a KILLER headache (hey, there are worse things to be addicted to!)

As for vegetables. Sometimes I will saute some cabbage, onions and Portabello mushrooms with some light teriyaki, or some spicy Schezuan sauce (and whatever meat I am choosing) and it's wonderful. Like spicy chinese. You just have to check the labels and serving sizes on the sauces.
Shari
Start Date 12/28/04
218/189/160
Psalms 37:4
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby RavenKat2 » March 10th, 2005, 9:41 am

I concur on the caffeine. That headache kept me from quitting it for 20 years! I eventually did, though. I can have some now occasionally and not get the withdrawal headache - luckily.

All I can say is, it will pass. Cool washcloth or hot bean bag (I got this herby bean bag at the mall that you stick in the microwave for 2 minutes then use it as a heating pad). AND water, of course.

You're doing great!

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » March 10th, 2005, 10:30 am

Christy,

I EMPATHIZE with you regarding the headaches. It could be the WITHDRAWAL OF CARBS...at least that is what happens to me. I was getting 5-6 headaches a week...then a few years ago I went on a restricted carb diet ...the first week I had WICKED withdrawal (severe headache)...then for 1 year or two, as long as I stayed on restricted carbs I experienced VERY FEW maybe 5-6 headaches ALL YEAR instead of weekly...when I introduce carbs again POW ...A FURIOUS HEADACHE...and when I stop them my body has serious withdrawal..headaches for a least 3-4 days.

As far as the veggies I love them marinaded in fat free italian dressing and either grilled or broiled....look on the lean cusine part of the forum they have some great ideas
Hope your feeling better real soon :hug:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thanks

Postby LilMsTexas » March 10th, 2005, 11:22 am

Thanks to everyone! I can't say enough how all of you are going to be (already are) my inspiration. Years ago I met many many many friends on AOL. We used to all get together, from all over the country, on my birthday, and I have some awesome friends that I'll never be without. I hope someday we will have an event somewhere and all get together and celebrate our wonderful, happy lives!!

Can I just tell you all how desperately I want to play with my baby in his little pool this summer? I've let my 12 year old down for all these years by not doing a lot of really fun things in the summer because I was so unhappy with my body and horrified at being in public or in front of my awesome husband in a bathing suit. I have an opportunity to have fabulous children with my fabulous husband and have a FABULOUS summer THIS YEAR!! I am nearly in tears just typing this and allowing myself to dream the dream of a summer filled with fun and the sun!

My baby turns 1 on St. Patrick's Day and everyone at work is already askng me if I'll "cheat" at his party. The answer is NO! I don't think my baby will mind if I skip his cake! It will be hard ABSOLUTELY! I will be needing a LOT of support on that day my friends. Until then I'm going to use the self-talk of saying "no" over and over again until then so I'll be prepared mentally to stick to my plan.

THE SUMMER IS COMING AND I'M GOING TO HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby THINKTHIN » March 10th, 2005, 2:13 pm

Hi, Christi...

You can add me to the list of headaches! I seem to slip a couple "B" vitamins in and that really helps me with my headaches. I couldn't help but laugh inside when you mentioned the 800mg of motrins you use... That's what the Navy gives us all the time for everything! And they work well too!!!!

Did you get the pm i sent you yesterday?
THINKTHIN

Postby mindovermatter » March 11th, 2005, 12:09 pm

LilMsTexas -

I had a miserable headache when I first started the program and it lasted a good 5-6 days. I even began to worry whether I could use the product, but the headache did go away and all is well now.

I found that a product like Excedrine was helpful because it contained acetaminophen, asprin and caffine but I had to double the dose.

Good luck,

Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.