Headache question?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Headache question?

Postby SS » August 23rd, 2006, 1:40 pm

I hope this is the correct forum to post this.

I've been on the 5+1 plan for almost 2 weeks now. The first week was great, no headaches and i didn't even have hunger cravings. However the past 5 days i've had a constant headache, and a sense of cloudyness. I wake up to this feeling and it dosent even go away at any point during the day.

I thought it was a lack of sodium/potassium because i drank over 160oz of water a day. So i reduced water consumption and had bouillon soup along with tylenol but to no avail. I even started taking a multi-vitamin and had a few slices of pickels but the feeling remains.

I could understand having these headaches to begin the plan, but having them start on the second week seems strage to me.

any ideas?
SS

Postby Aerie » August 23rd, 2006, 3:11 pm

Try an sinus relief medication with analgesia. I get sinus headaches sometimes and this really helps me. I betcha it's not the MF. You know you can develop allergies at any time in your life and not all are accompanied by sneezing. Mine are sinus headache only and they sound alot like what your describing. I've only had them for a 4 years. Good Luck.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 3:38 pm

SS ~ Are the headaches gone? You doin' okay?
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SS » August 31st, 2006, 4:57 pm

I went to the doctor, he pescribed some medicine for a tension headache. I've been feeling better but its still have not gone away. I'll try to see him again soon, and see what can be done.
SS

Postby Mom2three » September 6th, 2006, 11:37 am

SS - I'm really new here too... this is my first post! But your question caught my eye because the same thing is happening to me. I was fine the first week, but have had a constant headache now thru the second week. I already have drugs for headaches (tension and migraines), but was wondering too if the MF was the cause of this one.
Mom2three
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby mousehouse62 » September 6th, 2006, 3:17 pm

I too suffered from headaches as my body went through the chances brought on by MF but..............they do go away!!! As we "deplete/deprive" our bodies of the "white" stuff (Sugar, flour, cake, cookies, oh the list can go on), the body starts to "pitch a fit" as some say in Texas. But stick with it.....you are almost through with having them. Keep strong and keep shakin' and soon these too shall pass.
Good luck!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
HUBBY HAS MET HIS GOAL OF 155!!!! Go sweetie!!! :0)
mousehouse62
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Diana » September 7th, 2006, 10:45 pm

I know in the beginning increasing the salt and/or potassium helped me... a FastSoup, some dill pickles, perhaps even a diet soda.

One of my friends had persistent headaches, too. I think they were better when she was totally, unwaveringly compliant, but it was something she constantly struggled with. I don't know if this is an issue for you...

To be honest, I've had the opposite experience. Being on MediFast has seemed to elliviate (sp?) my chronic, severe headaches and migraine attacks.

I hope you experience relief soon. Keep us posted.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 8th, 2006, 3:49 am

This may not apply to you but thought I'd share. I will get a headache when I use more than 3 servings of diet soda with aspartame. I CANNOT eat SF Jello. It is so concentrated with the aspartame to acheive its sweetness. When I over do it, I get a really bad headache. Before I figured this out, it lasted for a very very long time. I have no problems at all with Splenda products. There are many sodas out now with splenda (sucrolose). HTH....maybe try to cut it out and see what happens.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: Headache question?

Postby petladyinRI » September 8th, 2006, 8:29 am

SS wrote:I hope this is the correct forum to post this.

I've been on the 5+1 plan for almost 2 weeks now. The first week was great, no headaches and i didn't even have hunger cravings. However the past 5 days i've had a constant headache, and a sense of cloudyness. I wake up to this feeling and it dosent even go away at any point during the day.

I thought it was a lack of sodium/potassium because i drank over 160oz of water a day. So i reduced water consumption and had bouillon soup along with tylenol but to no avail. I even started taking a multi-vitamin and had a few slices of pickels but the feeling remains.

I could understand having these headaches to begin the plan, but having them start on the second week seems strage to me.

any ideas?

I am also starting my second week with a headache. Had none the first week, no cravings, etc. and thought I was one of the lucky ones. I am 100% compliant to the plan, drink all my water, and have only one diet soda a day (the same caffeine-free diet root beer I have always drank). Could it be that for some of us the low carb reaction is delayed, and we have a honeymoon period for the 1st week and suffer the withdrawal symptoms on the second week? Advil is not touching this.
Sue in RI
petladyinRI
Trusted Member

Return to Weight Loss