Headache and Dizzy

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Headache and Dizzy

Postby mytime » June 26th, 2005, 4:08 pm

Well day two has been challenging thus far - I got up at 3 and went to work. Figured I would eat at 6 or so as this is my Weekday schedule. I had a shake, then 3 hours later oatmeal, but I was very hungry so I had a fast soup about 1.5 hours after my oatmeal. Went to beach with my family had a shake while there but I was dizzy and had a headache most of the day. Ate my bar maybe 30 minutes ago and not as hungry but still some headache and a little dizzy. Plan to have shake or soup around 6:30 but may have another fast soup in between. Have had all water - some hip cramps but otherwise no cramping. With this said how long do the headaches and dizziness last ?

The fast soup seemed to help - we get two of these a day in addition to 5 supplements for the full fast correct ? I am determined to do this - I want a ruler with the numbers going down. I had to hold graham crackers for my son and fruit by the yard at the beach. He even put it in my face and asked if I wanted some like most 3 year olds do. I did not cry 8) Nor did he loose a hand - but it was tough. Then my huisband who works for Sara Lee - yes that Sara Lee- said he was going to bring home some sourdough sticks so we could make some subs - then quickly apologized and changed the subject. So rough but on track and all of us still alive with finegrs and toes - pray for me. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » June 26th, 2005, 5:10 pm

Mytime, did you get up at 3 and not have anything till 6 or was that your second Medi-meal at 6? You absolutely should not get up and wait three hours before having your first packet. You should be having something pretty soon after getting up, at least within an hour.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 26th, 2005, 6:11 pm

Yes indeedy, you should have your first meal of the day within an hour of getting out of bed.

The headaches and dizziness are probably due to your body clearing out sugar and carb over-load. It DOES get better, usually after the third day, so hang in there.

If you absolutely must, go ahead and have another shake, or oatmeal (try making the oatmeal cookies -- recipe in the Lean Cuisine forum -- seems like a treat). And don't forget your celery, or pickles. Two fast soups a day are allowed, and yes, they do often help with dizziness or headaches or cramps because of the potassium they have. Make some sugar free jello and eat that, if that will help. Be sure to drink lots of water. The minimum is 64 ounces a day, although I've read that for optimum health you should take your weight, divide it by 2, and whatever that number is is the number of ounces of water you should have every day.

Good luck. Hang in there.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mytime » June 26th, 2005, 7:40 pm

Thank you both so much. No I did not eat anything until about 6:30 - I was trying to stay on schedule for the other 6 days a week. I will need to rethink next Sunday - I just couldn't see staying up all those hours on my program so I thought I would start at my every other day time.

Next - I think I figured out the problem - I usually drink 3 to 4 diet cokes a day but have not had any since starting MF b/c I usually drink them with food :mrgreen: and MF seemed to go better with water. So lots of water change in amount of food, no sodium plus lots of sun = yuck. SO thank you !!!! I ate two pickels and took some Advil and feel a lot better. I still have one more supplement and will be making pudding as soon as my son is to bed.

One last little question (well for today) can you have sugar free Jello and if so how much ? I have a bunch of the premade cups from my Atkins days and I really like it. Ok feeling much better and again thanks ! Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby Walks262 » June 26th, 2005, 8:36 pm

mytime,

Congratulations on your decision to join us losers!
It sounds like your first days have been tough; but don't give up. Did you say that you usually have 3 - 4 Diet Cokes a day? Is that Diet Cokes with or without caffeine? If you are used to having caffeine and have now stopped, your headaches could well be due to caffeine withdrawal. I don't know how long it takes to get past those, but hopefully you should be feeling better -- even great -- very soon. Hang in there. Medifast works.
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby mytime » June 26th, 2005, 8:40 pm

Walks - thanks - the decaf kind - I really think it was the sodium - I don't even drink coffee. You can see I am back to posting and soon off to bed. Thank you again for your support - it is helping me make it - really. Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby 24KaratGold » June 26th, 2005, 10:10 pm

Yes to sugar-free jello. Here, read this list:
Free Foods: (taken from Medifast Lifestyles book)

A free food is any food or drink that contains less than 20 calories or less than 5 grams of carbohydrate per serving. Foods with a serving size listed should be limited to 3 servings per day. Foods listed without a serving size can be eaten as often as you like.

Fat free or reduced fats:
Cream cheese, fat-free 1 Tbsp
Creamer, nondairy, liquid 1 Tbsp
Creamers, nondairy, powdered 2 tsp
Mayonnaise, fat-free 1 Tbsp
Mayonnaise, reduced-fat 1 tsp
Margarine, fat-free 4 Tbsp
Margarine, reduced-fat 1 tsp
Miracle Whip, nonfat 1 Tbsp
Miracle Whip, reduced-fat 1 tsp
Nonstick cooking spray
Salad dressing, fat-free 1 Tbsp
Salad dressing, fat-free, Italian 2 Tbsp
Salsa 1/4 cup
Sour cream, fat-free, reduced-fat 1 Tbsp
Whipped topping, regular or light 2 Tbsp

Sugar-Free or Low-Sugar Foods:
Candy, hard, sugar-free 1 candy
Gelatin dessert, sugar-free
Gelatin, unflavored
Gum, sugar-free
Jam or jelly, low-sugar or light 2 tsp
Sugar substitutes*
Syrup, sugar-free 2 Tbsp

* Sugar substitutes, alternatives, or replacements that are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are safe to use.Common brand names include:
Equal (saccharin)
Sprinkle Sweet (saccharin)
Sweet One (acesulfame K)
Sweet-10 (saccharin)
Sugar Twin (saccharin)
Sweet 'n Low (saccharin)

Drinks:
Bouillon, broth, consommé
Bouillon or broth, low-sodium
Carbonated or mineral water
Cocoa powder, unsweetened 1 Tbsp
Coffee
Club soda
Diet soft drinks, sugar-free
Drink mixes, sugar-free
Tea Tonic water, sugar-free

Condiments:
Catsup 1 Tbsp
Horseradish
Lemon juice
Lime Juice
Mustard
Pickles, dill 1-2 large
Soy sauce, regular or light
Taco sauce 1 Tbsp
Vinegar

Seasonings
Be careful with seasonings that contain sodium or are salts, such as garlic or celery salt, and lemon pepper.

Flavoring extracts
Garlic
Herbs, fresh or dried
Pimento
Spices
Tabasco or hot pepper sauce
Wine, used in cooking
Worcestershire sauce

This comes from a post at this thread: http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=566
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mytime » June 27th, 2005, 5:06 am

Thanks 24k !!!!! I am off to the shower and then to pack my food for today. First day on MF at my most stressfull job. But beginning day 3 and feeling up for it. Happy Monday everyone and thanks again. Oh, and I will drink something by 6am. Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Return to Come on in.