I'm having a horrible time doing this diet*** PLEASE HELP ME

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I'm having a horrible time doing this diet*** PLEASE HELP ME

Postby ror » January 25th, 2004, 7:29 pm

GOD I've been freaking out these last 4 days!!!!! This diet suddenly seems so HARD :cry:

I feel so empty inside!!!! It's all I can do not to have at least 1 meal a day!!!!!!!! WHy is this still so hard? I eat 1 bar, 4 shakes, 2 cups of bullion a day not to mention my 64+ oz's of water a day......... it seems so hopeless I'm feaking out!!!!!!!! Can anyone save me???????
ror

Postby Indigo » January 25th, 2004, 7:32 pm

What day are you on, Rory? Are you doing the 'full fast' with one bar as an exchange?

You should have an 800 number to call your health advisor- CALL them, TALK to them- that's what they're there for- to offer immediate, additional support when you need it!

Hang in there, buddy- we're here with you! :hug:
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ror » January 25th, 2004, 7:39 pm

DAY 16

yep full fast and a bar a day.

UGH....... :cry:
ror

Postby Indigo » January 25th, 2004, 7:43 pm

I started with all intentions of doing a 'full fast'- it's worked so well for several people, and Mike has done so well with it!
But I had some very real challenges around day 4, too, and ended up changing to a VERY careful, strict 'lean and green'- just 5 ounces of LEAN meat, and a small salad @ 5pm, the rest of the time, just shakes. It's the only way I can make it through the evening.

If it's a choice between giving up, and going to a modified plan- well, I can't make that decision for you. I just know that I can live with the modified plan.
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 25th, 2004, 7:57 pm

Rory,
We can't lose you buddy and you can do this. We just gotta figure out what's best for you. You could try the Modified like Laurie suggested.

One other suggestion is to go to strictly 5 shakes a day. If you need 1 or even 2 more shakes to get you through the day, go ahead. This may help with ketosis and quell your appetite.

What are you feeling? Is it an empty appetite feeling or more of a "just want to be chewing" feeling?

Keep us posted and DONT give up....
Don't make us call Guido...:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Kimbob » January 25th, 2004, 7:57 pm

Right after my second week I suddenly had a horrible time myself. I was craving carbohydrates so badly I was dreaming about them. After a couple of weeks of doing fine, I found myself miserable all of a sudden.

Fortunately, it passes - I PROMISE. Like Indigo said, you might call your health advisor or a good friend and talk through it. Or, if you're not a talker (lots of people aren't), try going for a walk - a little activity might help distract you and might help you sleep well.

I actually cheated and had a second bar one day - but I wouldn't recommend that as a solution! It actually probably prolonged the agony by throwing off my ketosis. That's not to say I've been perfect every day - but I do notice that cheating has too many painful physical and psychological ramifications.

It did pass - but I remember being taken totally off guard by a couple of days of hell.

Kimbob the Empathetic
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 25th, 2004, 8:11 pm

Hang in there Rory!! All those feelings DO pass soon!! I promise!!

Don't give up!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ror » January 25th, 2004, 8:11 pm

unca> I'm feeling like a mental battle being fought in my mind...... I'm not having a growling stomach pains, I'm just dying to eat real food.......

I feel like if I do the modified I would be loosing the battle...... like i have said prior... the last time i did MF i was taking that phen fen crap and the thought of food made me sick... this time around I just can't stop thinking about food!!!!! I just pray that this will pass because I can;t see having the fight going on in my head for 4 months......

and thanks all It helps to talk to someone who is going through this also... my wife trys to be there for me as she is making spaghetti for herself and my daughter.....
ror

Postby finalstraw » January 25th, 2004, 8:29 pm

Oh, I so have to agree with ROR, I have had great weight loss, I am on day 8 and I have been literally 'hungry' for two days, not to mention constanly thinking about what would be soooo good.

I also have been fixing meals for my daughter and husband and literally getting nausiated with hunger when seeing and smelling their food.

Just today, I considered just trying to do a low cal diet of chewable food (like veggies or something), but for now I am telling myself to stick with it a few more days.

I, like you Ror, have many months ahead and I am already dreading it. Hopefully tomorrow things will be better, I have a busy two days ahead of me, I am hoping that will help get me through this weakness I am experiencing.

Ror, you are not alone, lets give it a few more days, there are so many people on the board that HAVE been on the shakes for months, makes me beleive that we just need to get through this ruff spell.

Feeling your pain - :x
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

I know just what you are going thru

Postby BonitaGirl » January 25th, 2004, 9:29 pm

I was so good on the diet for the first 10 days or so and then yesterday we had a dinner out and I told myself just a small salad. :bib: Well, I ordered a salad, it was a chinese chicken salad. I ate half of it and was so stuffed, but oh my god, it was the best tasting thing in the world!! Then I decided what the hell and took a couple bites of my son's pizza and his banana split. I was in heaven for the taste and the texture, but oh man did I feel so full and totally sick for awhile there. :puke:

Today I sat at a birthday party and turned down cake and ice cream! I had one little nibble of my son's cake and that satisfied me. The hunger is a gnawing beast inside of me and I soo want to just say, "screw this" and go eat some food. But I can't. I need to give myself a chance on this because of all the wonderful success stories I have read about. What I am planning on doing is doing the full fast for a full month and give myself that chance to get used to it. Then I am going on the modified diet. I have to. I just can't do the full for that long, I NEED food. What I need to do is learn how to control myself and I think I am doing much better than I ever have so far.

So, Ror, my advice to you is to give in to the beast inside of you for just a teensy bit. Have whatever you are obsessing about, but limit your portion size of it. But if you are anything like me, if you don't give in to it, you will go nuts and then eat the whole gallon of ice cream instead of savoring one little bite. We are surviving off of 500 calories a day, we are going to lose weight and I don't think one little bite is going to make that big a difference to your weight loss. Do you?

I am here in SD also, so anytime you need to talk to someone who is going thru the same thing you are, just give me a call. I will send you my phone number in a private message.

Bonita
-----------------------------
"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't"

Started on 1/14/04 at 269, today I am at 251.5
BonitaGirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Starloser63 » January 26th, 2004, 8:31 am

Rory,

I would not give into the beast inside of you. Because that is what got us here in the first palce. We have to train our minds that we have control not the food. It might seem like a small thing, but in the big picture it is the whole deal. I know it's tough I've been struggling too. I have to actually prepare those foods for my family, and I'm a tasting cook. But we have to change or we will be doing this again in 5 years.

Serious side note. If you are doing the complete fast you have to stay on program or it can be unhealthy, you will start losing muscle instead of fat and all of our organs are muscle...including the heart. So please be very careful.

Saying a pray for your strength
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ror » January 26th, 2004, 9:54 am

YEAH, THERE IS NO WAY i CAN GIVE IN NOW. It would kill me to know that I've done this for 16 days only to give up. Today I'm feeling much better. It is not as hard when I busy at work. I will get through this I just have to take it 1 day at a time. Thanks for all the encouragement ya'll :D
ror

hang in there, dude

Postby Jade » January 26th, 2004, 10:00 am

I guess I'll throw in my two cents; Consider the modified plan! I have been on it from the beginning and find it works wonderfully for me. I've lost 12.5 lbs in the last 13 days. I eat when my family does, and so don't go thru the raging hungries at dinner time. Last night I had a 5oz. grilled chicken breast that was marinated in lime, cilantro, and chilies with a leafy salad with dijon vinagrette, lots of fresh ground pepper, and half a pack of medifast crackers. It rocks! I measure carefully and am very strict about the portion sizes. I munch on a bar during popcorn time and don't feel deprived at all. If I wake up with the "middle of the night munchies" (a problem of mine), I have a cup of boullion and the other half of the crackers...back to bed with no guilt. This is what works for me. I know everyone is different, but consider it before abandoning the plan. We put so many guilt trips on ourselves. I commend the full fast folks, and will try to throw in some full fast days into my weeks ahead as I become more comfortable but for now, this is do-able and producing great results. I think all of us have been through enough self hatred and shame for a lifetime. This is a place of support and acceptance; for ourselves and each other. Give yourself a little slack. Sending you energy and peace. Jade
Jade
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 26th, 2004, 12:07 pm

Good post Jade,
We're all individuals with different needs and tolerances. There may be several bumpy weeks starting out. The nice thing about it, is you can read other peoples experiences here and see how others have gotten over the hurdles. What works for one, may not work for all. Don't think you've failed just because you're not able to follow the exact footsteps of someone else. Work within the plan and make it work for you. If you're having probs with the full fast, try rearranging the products throughout the day. Have an extra shake if it gets you through the day. Tomorrow is a new day and you may not need that extra shake. If that doesn't work, think about using the modified plan. You'll find what works for you.

Remember no war was every won with a single battle and you haven't lost until you surrender.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss