I have a Starbucks question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I have a Starbucks question

Postby SharonR » June 27th, 2008, 3:45 pm

Today while I was out and about I went to Starbucks. I ordered a Grande Nonfat Latte with one pump if SF Carmel, on ice, then I asked them to blend it.

I should have ordered a tall huh? With all the ice though, should I still count it as two supplements?

*disclaimer* I know this is not the best choice, however, it was ice, nonfat milk, coffee, and SF Carmel. I wanted something, I was out longer than I had planned so it's done*
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » June 27th, 2008, 5:25 pm

I don't think you did bad really. Though I also don't think it should have counted for a supplement at all. 8 ounces of fat free or low fat milk can substitute as a supplement. Also, when desparate, I have had a different brand of protein bar. I try to find the one with the lowest calories and fewest carbs which is usually a Sweet n Salty "granolla" type bar. Believe it or not Payday has a "healthy" version of the candy bar that is usually by the Power Bars and such at gas stations.

Most of the time I keep a stash of Medigrub in a Tupperware container in my car for emergencies. Then, if you feel like Starbucks, you can use a cappuccino in that non-fat grande or tall with the SF syrup and it would count as a supplement.

Just my 2 pennies - I am sure someone else will want to chime in.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SharonR » June 27th, 2008, 6:11 pm

rodeomom wrote:I don't think you did bad really. Though I also don't think it should have counted for a supplement at all. 8 ounces of fat free or low fat milk can substitute as a supplement.

I think I am confused by both of those statements.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » June 27th, 2008, 7:19 pm

Yes Sharon, tall would have been the better choice... and yes, you can count a tall latte (non-fat milk) as one of your meal replacements in an emergency situation.

Last time I checked, a tall latte uses about 8 oz of milk.

Its always great to check though, and I see that you already read the other thread about cofffee, so I won't go into that.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » June 27th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Okay Thanks Mike, at least it's good to know what my options are.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » June 28th, 2008, 10:25 am

I was thinking more coffee - less milk. Mike is right. 8 oz milk equals one supplement.
rodeomom

Postby Mike » June 28th, 2008, 11:35 am

rodeomom wrote:8 oz milk equals one supplement.

Just to make sure that folks don't get the idea that we can go out and have milk instead of medifast meals (especially newbies)....

In an emergency, yes, you can supplement the medifast meal for 8 oz. of milk, but I wouldn't say it equals it. Its just something that has an approximate ratio of carbs and protein to fat as the Medifast meals. It does not contain the vitamins and minerals needed that the program provides.
So, if you are out and about, and forgot to bring enough medigrub with you, then you could use a tall size nonfat latte as a substitute.
Nothing can replace the medimeals though.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » June 28th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Well said, Mike.

A suggestion here is to always have some packets of Medigrub in your vehicle, briefcase, purse etc. Because of traffic, extra long lines at the store, or who knows what we are always at risk of taking longer to get to our MF supplements than we should. If you have a few packets with you all you need to do is stop at a conveniece store and buy a bottle of water. Drink half of it then add your supplement. It can be messy, but I have actually gotten pretty good at getting most of the powder into the bottle. Unlike my daughter who got an entire packet of Dutch Choc ALL over my car last winter. I swear, I can still smell it sometimes.

Just like we should never skip a supplement because we would be missing out on the nutrition they provide we should only use the emergency methods in emergencies!
rodeomom

Postby sidrah » June 30th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Funnels at Target are $3. I got sick of using the paper plates to make a funnel.

I gave someone money to get me two thinking I could keep one at school (work) and one home. Well, as it turns out they come in a pack of 3. A small, medium, and large are on each set, so I now have 6.

Definitely worth it for cheap little white plastic tubes!!!! I keep one in the car, too.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Diana » July 6th, 2008, 4:16 am

Sidrah!!! Hiya, girl!!!

If you'll roll the top down to a spout, then insert the spout into the bottle, it acts as it's own funnel. Jamie took pictures when I did this in the Oakland airport, but she's a busy mom and hasn't had time to post them. I'll work on that next week.

Also, we've taken vanilla and chocolate shakes in to Starbucks and asked them to blend it with an Americano or iced coffee.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to Weight Loss