Better than Starbucks.....

Add your favorite recipes.

Better than Starbucks.....

Postby Lois » October 4th, 2004, 6:41 am

HELLO!

I LOVE specialty teas, the creamy flavored ones that are full of s*u*g*a*r and s*y*r*u*p*s :redhead: :redhead: :redhead: Oh, MY!

Since those days are OVER ;) I have figured out a way to make 'em using MEDIFAST 8) .....delicious and good for ya' 8) 8) 8)

HERE'S HOW......

I start with a teapot and 4 bags of one of my favorite flavored teas....chai, bengal spice, flavored green tea, jasmine tea....whatever your little heart desires :heart:

Boil water and steep the tea bags in the pot until the tea is STRONG.....at least 10 minutes.

In the meantime, put about 4 oz. of room temp water in you shaker jar, along with any of the vanilla MF packets and a packet of sweetner.

Shake well, and poour into a large mug.

When your tea is finished, steeping, add it to the MF mixture in your mug, STIR, and then heat the rest of the way in your microwave....usually about 30-40 seconds.....longer if the tea is cool.

Stir again, and ENJOY 8)

This process is quicker and easier than it sounds, and you will not have a lumpy drink or an "explosion" of hot liquid...it WORKS every time!!!!!!

hugs,

Lois

P.S. After I remove the bags, I leave my tea/teapot on the kitchen counter at room temp. Later (or even the next day) you can use the room temperature TEA to mix the shake, and then heat in the microwave....you won't need to use the water.....
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » October 4th, 2004, 6:48 am

Jiminy, Lois, I love sweet, creamy teas too and that sounds fan-freakin-tastic! YUM I cannot wait to try that!!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lois » October 4th, 2004, 11:46 am

Let me know what ya think once you've tried it! The possibilities are endless....and SOOOooooo yummy!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby JeweloftheNile » October 6th, 2004, 1:38 pm

I am having my Starbucks right now!!

It is great! I used coffee (Starbucks) and the RTD French Vanilla and the packet of sweetner with ice.

Works great as an afternoon charger! I can get 2 "Talls" from one RTD! LOL
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Lois » October 7th, 2004, 7:58 am

Awesome, huh?

I made some this morning with "Yogi" brand Vanilla Hazelnut tea and French Vanilla MF. Since it was a chilly morning, I heated it up in a mug in the microwave.

Honestly, it's IMPOSSIBLE to feel "deprived" when you're drinking something that tastes THAT GOOD ;)

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Return to Lean Cuisine