I have a problem!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I have a problem!!!

Postby Kristi1234 » May 5th, 2005, 1:17 pm

Hello all,

I have been doing this wonderful plan for two weeks now. I started with a two week starter kit....I ordered a full month worth of food....they told me it would be shipped today...as you can guess no shipment arrived today. I called and they told me it would be here on Monday....I have two supplements left. :shock: What do I do?

Kris
Kristi1234

Postby raederle » May 5th, 2005, 1:49 pm

I'm not sure this will be approved by the Medigods, but my solution would be to go to your local supermarket or GNC and buy several EAS Carb Control shakes; they have only 100 calories per shake (they're ready-to-drink), have lots of protein, very few carbs, and a very good nutritional profile (lots of vitamins and minerals). I would alternate these shakes with glasses of skim milk (8 oz) for your 5 "MF" meals, then have your usual lean & green. It's not a perfect solution because the EAS shakes are NOT the same as the MF shakes (not the same protein/carb ratio), but I think they will work in a pinch-- their high protein/low carb ingredients will keep you in ketosis and should keep you from being hungry. I would think they can get you thru the weekend if you don't want to go off-plan. There are probably other ways to make up 5 mini-meals of lean protein and low carbs (like an egg white plus a small fiber cracker?), but I know that I'd personally mess that up and end up eating way more than I should.... so the shakes seem more foolproof. Just my 2 cents, anyway.

Wonder what Nancy suggests?
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » May 5th, 2005, 2:18 pm

Sorry. I am in a major dash right now - an apointment to go to. Use plain old low fat milk, 8 ounces if you can gag it down. Just an 8 ounce glass will do in a pinch to replace each packet.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 5th, 2005, 2:20 pm

The MediGods will also not approve this suggestion, but I've been known to subsitute a Yoplait lo-carb lo-fat yogurt for a shake (not often, but I think I've done it three times in four months). It has 8 grams of carbs, 8 grams of protein, and 90 calories.

Alternatively, or more likely in addition, I'd have two lean and green meals each day instead of one -- having the minimum amount of protein rather than the maximum and choosing the very lean options rather than anything else. That, with the milk and the yogurt, would probably get me through.

The literature says to try to keep carbs at about 80 a day, so you could use that as a rule of thumb. You can google for things that will give you carb amounts per serving.

Good luck.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby raederle » May 5th, 2005, 3:48 pm

I think that sounds like a pretty good plan, 24K!

I would hesitate to use ONLY milk for 3 and a half straight days because, well, we all know what baby poop looks like, don't we??? ;) I'd worry I wasn't getting enough vitamins, too, since there isn't much in milk besides calcium, A & D-- so if you go the milk-only route for 3 days, take a multivitamin (IMHO).
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.