I hate vacations! HELP!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I hate vacations! HELP!

Postby oregonrose » June 24th, 2005, 8:24 am

Oh friends, I feel awful. I think I ate everything in sight yesterday. staqying with family in So Calif in my old home town and went to favorite rest. and had my favorite salad. (take out) the 3 guys, (DH, BR in law and my 17 yr old son) shared a huge cesar salad and got food poisening. all REALLY sick ALL night. DH (aka the cholesterol police) has a major heart thing (not weight related-- he weighs the same as he did in high school-- 155) and cant get dehydrated. I was tired and stressed and lliterally ate everything in sight . my family just looked at me with their jaws on the floor. I am sooooo sick today. I just want to go home and crawl between the sheets and hide. but noooooo birthday party for twin nephews tonite with 25 people I hardly know. am sipping water and feeling bad. will definitely do better today but my tummy is very unhappdy and I feel like a slug. dont know why i feel i need to share this embarassment with you-- but i feel better already. thanks for listening, nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Emma » June 24th, 2005, 8:42 am

Oh Nancy - what a horrible day for you. But you know what, it's over and we move on. Next time you feel a "binge" coming on, just think of how you feel right now and hopefully that will stop it.

Today's a new day and we're all here routing for you. So get shakin' girl! :hug:

emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 24th, 2005, 8:57 am

Nancy I guess you're now an official member of the medifast family. You've now had your "failure" and and your "confession" to the family. And now you join the ranks of those of us who have stumbled, picked back up, moved on, and had continued success.

As much as this sucks emotionally, it is a good lesson to learn early on. You are in a different place mentally with this journey. Instead of "falling off the wagon" and giving yourself permission to just give up and give in, you have chosen to evaluate the situation, learn from it, and get right back on track!! This is truly a success story!!

You'll be fine....I promise! ;)
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Dean0408 » June 24th, 2005, 10:04 am

Eating while on a vacation to me is a "planned event". You were in your old home town and had some favorite foods to taste once again. Who knows when you will get the opportunity to do this next?

Now, eating while in a controlled environment, such as home, is another story. This would of course be a HUGE no-no.

Don't feel guilty about the vacation eating........learn from it. Next time, sample the forbidden fruit.........don't devour the whole tree.

Now, just work a little harder to get rid of what you gained while on vacation.......do some extra activities and really SWEAT at it.

When I was heading towards my goal, I had a birthday........I planned on eating (and I did) during the festivities. Yes, I put on a couple of extra pounds just from one night's celebration........but it all came off.

Special occassions sometimes deserve special rules..........but, make sure the occassion is special enough to go off plan. No extra eating on Ground Hog Day, or National Earthworm Appreciation Week.

Good for you for facing up to the fact that you ate. Get used to these feelings............they do not go away once you are on maintenance. It is a daily battle of will. Remember........when you see people writing about "x number of pounds gone forever", don't believe it. Those pounds hover around you invisibly..........they want their home back........their home is YOU.........you can only keep them from moving back in by DILIGENTLY watching what you eat and developing a REGULAR routine of exercise. It will be a lifelong process. Sort of like when someone quits smoking.......the urge will be there, temptation will be there.........You are the gate keeper, the choice is yours.

Choice is Power.........Power is Control! Be in control and you cannot lose.
Dean0408

Postby joysea » June 24th, 2005, 10:51 am

Dean~
Wonderful response....I will especially remember:

Choice is Power.........Power is Control! Be in control and you cannot lose.

oregonrose~
This setback is just a little "blip" on the radar screen of weight loss! I've been there numerous times in my Medifast journey....I know how you feel, but just get through a day with only Medifast and you will feel 100% better....then 110% the next day. In the grand scheme of things, one day is not going to remembered as the all and end all of your weight loss program.
Forget about it...you almost have to "pretend" it didn't happen and move on just as has been your routine.

Many of have been in your shoes, but we picked ourselves up, dusted ourselves off and we are here today to say we survived!!!!

You CAN do this.

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 24th, 2005, 10:59 am

Oh man. Nancy, I'm sorry you had a miserable day yesterday -- I'm glad that at least YOU didn't get food poisoning!

The future is that way, hon: ------------->> Just keep on swimmin,' ya know? We're all human, and we all eat. Some days we eat better, some days we eat poorly. Doesn't make us "bad" or "good," just makes us human. So make a different choice today, is all.

Hey, the Pasadena Pops is playing at Descanso Gardens tomorrow, it's "Mozart, McCartney, and More" or some such thing. I think you can still get tickets at the gate -- might be a fun thing to do. I'll be there -- it'd be fun to meet you!

Anyway, don't beat yourself up about this, just pick yourself up and keep on going.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

thanks

Postby oregonrose » June 24th, 2005, 11:14 am

Thanks all. Christi, Emma, Deasn, Joyce and 24! my tummy is better, just had my 2nd shake, going shopping at Kohls, only lettuce for me tonite and i have made a plan to leave the party early and visit an 88 year old auntie and then I can go back to the house earlay. sneaky, huh? Thanks for dusting me off after i've picked myself up. I love the "choice is power" motto. I remember Nancfy telling me that the choices we make every day, all day, are what keep us fat and they will keep us thin, too. She said that the choices she makes dont get any easier but she makes them every day. thanks again, will check in and read it all again later. and again, and again. nancy

ps 24-- great idea, wanted to get to the gardens anyway. will check it out and look for you!
Knowledge is power
oregonrose

Postby KeleeGrl » June 24th, 2005, 11:22 am

Nancy, that day is over, start fresh and forget about it. I have to think about the next 6 weeks because we have things going on everyone of those weekends, so I know I'll have to plan ahead, but its so hard not to get caught up in the food since that's what a lot of social events is based around. I feel for you and have also beat myself up and felt like such a failure, but know I have to "turn over a new leaf" and start again.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl

Postby DonicaB » June 24th, 2005, 4:44 pm

Nancy~~I'm a little late and really have nothing to add........as you have already been given excellent encouragement and sound advice. Tomorrow is a new day..........just get up and go right back to your MF routine. :eat:

Isn't nice to have a place where you can come and vent these frustrations and have people pick you up off the floor and hold your chin up for you? :hug:

Dean~~I agree I don't like it when people say ## gone forever. Those pounds are just waiting to jump right back on.........and the first chance they get.....they will snatch it and make us misearable. It is up to us to stay compliant and stay in control. :lightbeam:

I may fail.........no, I have failed.......but I refuse to stop working at it. Slowly but surely I am winning this battle. :lightsword:

Hang in there, Nancy. :hugblue:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » June 25th, 2005, 10:51 am

You guys...........EVERYONE of YOU are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ :yeah: ........always there......... :yes: ......true team players...... :goteam: .........I'm so proud to be part of this team...... :mrgreen: .....without you this journey would be somewhat monotnous (?) for us all.................
Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room