Don't you just HATE getting dressed up with flabage?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Don't you just HATE getting dressed up with flabage?

Postby fedup » June 13th, 2005, 12:08 pm

Okay, I'm just venting here! I have to get dressed to go to this family function, and NOTHING fits me! Because I've gained so much weight, none of my cute clothes will even pull up. (I'm sitting here typing in a skirt with the top button not able to close,and the skirt is the uglies thing I own, but I have no other choices!) I hate this!!! :(

Alright, I guess this is a pity party for myself ;) . I just can't believe I let myself get this way! For each of us I know it's at a different point and a different weight, but do you ever just get soooooo sick of trying to dress?

I can't wait till this flabage is gone! I'll feel better once even 20 more pounds or so goes so I can have a little breathing room, but I can't wait for EVERY LAST EXTRA POUND to go!!!!!

Sorry if I sound negative, I'm just so upset with myself right now! I know I'm back on the right track, but OMG, sometimes it seems so BIG a project and so long a road! I know we'll all do it together, but I just needed to vent!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Unca_Tim » June 13th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Christy wrote:sometimes it seems so BIG a project and so long a road!

Christy,
It may "seem" like a long road now, but in a few months you'll look back and be there and wonder where the time went.

There's so much flabbage gone since we started this forum, and it seems like just yesterday.

Take each day at a time and you'll be there before you know it...
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby victoria7 » June 13th, 2005, 12:16 pm

I do hate it when I put on clothes that don't fit... and I cannot wait for every last pound to be gone!!!

But I think it's important to be able to present myself well at any weight... Maybe you could go out & get a dress or pants suit that fits now? Don't spend a lot of money---It won't fit in a couple weeks! But it'll be good for today...

:-)
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » June 13th, 2005, 12:27 pm

Christy, its the hardest thing when you go to put something on and it doesn't fit! :x But, trust me, when you go to put something on that didn't used to fit and you have room....... :bouncie:...its the best feeling ever. I've only lost 22 and I am already finding that. Hang in there....your day will come very soon!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby AlexisClaire » June 13th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Hon, I think we ALL know exactly how you feel. That's why we're all here isn't it? Just take comfort in knowing that there are a LOT of much harder ways to go about losing weight. You'll get there, and what's more, it'll be so fast your friends and family will be in total awe.

Personally there's no quicker way to get me into a "fat funk" than to try on clothes. It's always, "well it ALMOST fits...just another month or so." Problem is, I want to wear it NOW! Especially if you've got a big pile of skinny clothes that used to fit and you think "man I miss wearing those jeans".

One Shake at a Time.
Goodbye 250's!
Goodbye 240's!
Goodbye 230's!
YOU'RE NEXT 220'S!!!
I'm on my way to Onederland...
AlexisClaire
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 13th, 2005, 2:47 pm

Christy-

I bet you look beautiful just the way you are. It won't be long & that skirt will be too big!! :pet:

I can relate though: I wore jeans to church for a very long time because my dress clothes would not fit- I couldn't even pull them up past my knee!
Guess what, now they are all too big! :yes:

It won't be long and you'll be telling us you need new dress clothes.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » June 13th, 2005, 5:12 pm

Christy-- I too hate it when that happens.. makes me want to scream but like everyone else said IT WON"T BE LONG!!!!!!! and everything will be hanging off of your new trim body.. :lol: Oh what a happy day that will be.. My daughter bought me a pair of capris and a new shirt for my b.day and for me to go to Branson(6/16/05) she bought it way to small but even when I tried it on this weekand it fit(finally) I still have the fat roll over the top.. sooo I'm not going to get upset(right) :mrgreen: but just try it on next month and hopefully it will be just right :lol: Hang in there girl... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby monkeymom » June 13th, 2005, 6:56 pm

Hang in there Christy....before you know it you will be cleaning that closet out of all the clothes that are far to large for you, and it feels so awesome!
Once it startes, it goes pretty quickly. I bought a pair of jeans size 18 at Lerner several weeks ago, then a couple of weeks after I got them something fell apart on them and I went back to exchange them and they didn't have another 18, so I tried on the 16 that they did have...........and it FIT!!! I was dancing in the fitting room, let me tell you. (By the way, this is the first pair of jeans I've bought outside Lane Bryant in at least 6 years.........yipeee)

Hang in there.......you'll be doing the happy dance very soon :)
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby fedup » June 13th, 2005, 9:10 pm

I know you're all right, and thanks for the support... I needed it!! :aarggh:
It was just one of those moments when we HAVE to come face to face to the weight thing! I've been "hiding out" in my standard 2 or 3 outfits that just cover up, don't really do much for me at all! And I hate to buy stuff just cause I KNOW it won't fit for long!! (For my job I'm off summers, I work for schools and Friday is my last day... so I don't need to worry about "work clothes" till late August, and then I'll get a few cheap things till I get to my final size...)

It's just so uncomfortable squeeeeeezing into something, the having it pinch, pull or generally make you feel self-conscious... :roll: I know the change will come, and I'm usually patient, but it's hard knowing that at New Years Eve I was wearing a size 10 (still a little snug... but definitely wearing it!) and now I couldn't get 1 leg into it! ;) I have all these cute clothes, many of which are basically new, from my lower weight times, and I can't wait to get back to them! I know your all right, the time will go quickly, especially compared to other "diets"... Thanks for all the support! :oops:
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Too tight clothes

Postby Jan » June 13th, 2005, 10:46 pm

Christy
I call that motivation. :x I really think we should all keep one shirt, pants or something that fit us when we were at our maximum weight. :idea: That way when we are finally to our goal and are tempted to go back to old eating habits we could try the item on and decide if thats the way we want to look again. Bet we wouldn't have that second helping or decide a bag of potato chips is our best friend!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby doglover » June 14th, 2005, 3:43 am

And soon Christy - nothing wil fit again! All my "skinny" clothes are too big and it seems to be just as frusterating!!! But in a good way! I am not a big clothes person and don't particulalry like to buy clothes, so I know it's hard! You'll get there! Thanks for coming here to vent instead of grabbing some food to ease the pain. That is a huge step in the right direction!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby fedup » June 14th, 2005, 7:12 am

Ya know, I never thought about that! That was a good choice huh? To come here instead of grab food I mean! The funny thing is I didn't even think about food, I was just so frustrated about the clothes/body/etc... hmmm..... progress, me thinks! ;)

I think it's a good idea about keeping one outfit from our biggest times, I'll keep that darn dress! ;) And looking forward to the day it's so big it's a "baggy tent dress"... won't that be the day!

I had another victory of sorts... the family function I needed to dress for was actually the calling hours for an extended family member of my SO. Today is the funeral. And even in this stressful situation (where it would be all too easy to give myself the green light to eat) I have stayed true to MF! No sandwiches or cake for me when we all gathered back at the house. I had my peanut butter bar...
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Flabbage

Postby Jan » June 14th, 2005, 8:15 am

Christy,
You did great :D Give yourself a BIG pat on the back!! It's from all of us.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby martha » June 14th, 2005, 8:42 am

Christy---
GREAT CHOICES!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work and those size 10's will be baggy in no time :mrgreen: --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room