Has anyone lost MORE weight with exercise in the beginning?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Has anyone lost MORE weight with exercise in the beginning?

Postby MissyK » September 21st, 2005, 4:10 pm

I have a problem. I can't NOT exercise. I'm a competitive dancer. But the site says I shouldn't exercise in the beginning because that will slow down my loss. I thought exercise burns more calories so we lose even more. Any suggestions? Has anyone lost MORE weight with exercise in the beginning?
MissyK

In my opinion...

Postby Toxsiq » September 21st, 2005, 4:45 pm

I'm new also, today's my second day. I have the same concerns about exercising, but I'm not a dancer :) As far as I've read it's not recommended to work out as much as normal or to begin because it's such a low calorie diet.

The website says "Over exercising will actually slow your weight-loss progress."

I've done very low calorie diets before and I was told the exact opposite. I was told that when you're on such a low calorie diet your body will be more prone to slowing down it's metabolism and a healthy way to combat that is to workout. Working out, according to that theory, would boost your metabolism and deter it from slowing down from the lack of calories.

As far as I can tell the bottom line is pretty much that you should workout only when it will be beneficial and not compound the "shock" to your system. Most people in general are not already very very active when they start a very low calorie diet. So I believe for those people who do have above average daily physical activity it is reasonable to maintain that activity because it would be more of a shock to the system to stop than to start. BUT that's just MY opinion and I'm absolutely not a certified nutritionist or physical trainer.

But yeah, if you find out anything about it further let me know, ok? Because I'd like to know the actual answer too.

xoxo Toxsiq
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Too much exercise

Postby Jan » September 21st, 2005, 7:43 pm

My goodness -- exercise question again :?

On this program you cut your exercise down by 1/2 during the first three weeks-- if you are used to regular exercise. If you don't exercise then wait until after the 3rd week to begin an exercise routine and start slowly.

Why ??? Lets go back to the very early days when we were all hunter/gatherers. You know we chased our food. :mrgreen: When the hunting was good we ate :D -- when it was poor we ran faster after more food. :? Our bodies were used to this. When we ran faster (couldn't catch food) and lowered our calories (didn't eat because we couldn't catch the food) our bodies just burnt less fat. :x They conserved what they had. It's a self preservation thing which still holds true til today. So, if you excercise hard, and lower your calories your bodies will hold on to what they have. Your bodies think they are being worked to death and starved. After about three weeks they adapt and up to 45 minutes of exercise is fine. It's true, eventually you'll need to add some exercise to your program to up the metabolism a bit but not for some time. Let's burn off some of the fat first. And for you who love to exercise -- please wait till after the third week to "kick it in again full force" and then only 45 minutes. That's about all the calories you have.

jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss