WEIGHT LOST SLOWING DOWN

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

WEIGHT LOST SLOWING DOWN

Postby HAPPY AS A BUG » December 15th, 2005, 10:49 am

I've been on the program for 3 months today. I lose a total of 33 lbs, but it seems to be slowing down. Is there something I can do to jump start or just keep doing what I'm doing? (Help!!) :brickwall: I don't want to get discouraged. There were so many people around me that was on the plan an now it's just me and 2 others. :hammerhead: I need some help :idea:
HAPPY AS A BUG

Postby Hyperion » December 15th, 2005, 11:11 am

Hi,

I cannot give you other pointers that to stay on the plan and just enjoy the ride to Thinsville.

From other opinions, it seems a pleateau is almost inevitable in 30 pounds and 70 pounds weight loss... I too, am in the way of moving from a one-week plateau that occured at about 31 pounds...

Good luck, and even if it takes time, stay true to the plan!!
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ljm498 » December 15th, 2005, 5:30 pm

Hi there! For me my weight loss did slow down the further I have gotten down towards my goal. I think that is pretty typical, although everybody is different and it may just be a plateau you're heading towards? One thing I know is that I had to stop many times and examine exactly what was going into my mouth to make sure I was staying completely compliant. One time I screwed myself up with eating ground turkey and not ground turkey breast. BIG difference. Another time I was using gobs of that I can't believe it's not butter spray. Well, the label said no cals etc. so I figured I was safe. Some research later I find that that's only for a few spritzes. There are, in fact, many cals and fat in large quantities. And other times it was just me not making the best choices. So, examine everything you are doing. If you are being compliant all I can say is to just keep on plugging away. It may slow down but at least it's still coming off. And if you hit a plateau, be patient, keep up the good work and the scale will move again. This really does work.

I hope that helps! You're doing great!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Weight loss slow down

Postby Jan » December 15th, 2005, 10:52 pm

Hi Happy,
I saw this after I did the post about the scale. Our weight loss sometimes does slow down or even "stall". That's why my scale spent 3 weeks in the closet. To be compliant and not see the pounds coming off was pretty discouraging. But, it happens. Don't worry the pounds will start coming off again. :D Your body is just readjusting. I like to say "it's thinking about where it is going to part with the pounds next." :mrgreen:
The most important thing for you to do now is to be very compliant. Sometimes it helps too, to go without a bar for a short time. They do have a few more calories and some poeple find that eliminating them for a little bit "jump starts" the weight loss again. I did fine leaving the bar in my program but it is something you could choose to do. We are all different and lose at different rates. Don't worry the pounds will start coming off again soon. It might help to be very compliant and pack the old scale away for awhile. That way you'll have a great surprise in a couple of weeks or so when you decide to drag it out again.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Hyperion » December 16th, 2005, 11:28 am

Oh, and you can also tell yourself that if you're hitting a pleateau, it's not MediFast. I mean, it would happen with whatever diet you would have; it's the body reorganizing.

Just be patient, plateau is time to hit shops, to reward yourself for your past victory. When pounds re-begin to drop, then your reward is the scale ;)
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby Serendipity » December 16th, 2005, 4:06 pm

Hey Hype! I see you are talking from experience.......the scale is moving for you again! :lol:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lauren » December 16th, 2005, 4:20 pm

So, now can we send good vibes to my scale? Don't worry all is good and still moving, I just hit 29 pounds for my weekly weigh-in, but I am SO eager to get to 30#! Please, send some love my way!

I am leaving for Aruba on Wednesday morning, and I really want to leave feeling confident and successful at this, it will be extra motivation to stay on point throughout the trip. I am bringing lots of RTDs and packets and bars, and should be okay, but it will be easier if I hugely see the success and numbers moving downward.

Hyperion, you are kicking a-- and taking numbers, baby! I need to decrease the gap between us, you are steamrolling me now! :-)

Thanks for everyone's continued support and interesting commentary. This keeps me on track.

Ciao!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Nancy » December 16th, 2005, 11:32 pm

Lauren ~

We all want that last pound of flabber to depart before you head off for Auruba, too! That lousy :x 16 ounces just loves you so much! What an awesome family Christmas time you'll have - a new member in the 30 Pound Club, surrounded by your family AND Aruba, too - life is good!

Happy Bug, the weight loss does slow down at times. I surely wish every week could be as juicy as the first week on the program but the reality of it is this: it is not. Eventually, if you closely follow the program, the flabber melts away. As time goes by our weight loss rate will pick up again. We all experience those bummer weeks and it sure feels like punishment at times, doesn't it? Do all you can to stick to the program exactly right.

LJM498, you are right-on! Measure those L & G portions, be a Scrouge with the little 'extras' as they really add up.

Happy Bug, drag out the measuring tape and avoid the scale for a couple of weeks. Compare your current measurements to your starting measurements and see how much you've lost so far.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss