Happy Day

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Happy Day

Postby Sylvia » October 22nd, 2004, 4:17 pm

Just another small (or not so small) victory and a tribute both to my success and the effectiveness of this program.

Went out shopping today. I completely cleaned out my closet of all of my fat clothes and I've got to tell you, it is looking bare! I am going out of town Sun on business and needed some presentable sweats I can wear to the gym in the hotel. While at the store, I also decided to shop for a couple pairs of pants. I got a bunch of 10's (and it still amazes me that a 10 is now my size) and tried them on. Most looked great but one pair I really liked was (GASP) too BIG! I got an 8 and they fit fine - actually a bit loose. Unfortunately I didn't like them so I didn't buy them but I was actually in shock that I was wearing size 8 pants.

If you would have told me 6 months ago that I'd be wearing a size 8, I wouldn't have believed you. Even though I was committed to this program, a little part of me always thought I wouldn't be able to see it all the way through. Now I'm here. I'm on the threshold of being done and wearing a smaller size than I've worn in my adult life. I'm so proud of myself and thrilled with Medifast - the program that enabled me to do this!

This feels great and should motivate all of you to stick with it through the rough times!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 22nd, 2004, 4:46 pm

Sylvia!

Oh WHAT A FEELING!!!

AND, for me, to WANT to go shopping again - well that's great. I'll be cruisin the sales soon since I too need some new threads! Occurs to me that MF is not only good for the charitable organizations since they usually inherit the now too big clothes, it's good for the economy too as we replace them with the adorably smaller sizes!

Thanks for sharing that,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby DutchChoc » October 22nd, 2004, 4:46 pm

Yeah, Sylvia!!!!! We're finding more ways to enjoy our successes than we could've anticipated, and, by gosh, we've done the work to reap a few. I'm very happy for you!

I'm also impressed that you've found the conviction to get rid of the big clothes out of your closet. In my case, most are still hanging fairly close to the ones that fit right and look better, not exactly waiting to be used again, but because I'm a conserver and I tell myself that, in a "pinch", I could still wear this or that. Well, WHY, for goodness sake? I wonder if I can make the leap to know that something that fits will be better than 10 old things I wore 30 pounds ago. I hope there's time for reform in my life!!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Carrie » October 23rd, 2004, 4:25 pm

YAY SYLVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you. *GASP* size 8! Did you do a little jig in the dressing room????

I had a similar experience today - I got some old size 18's out of the closet and they fit just right. That's a BIG improvement over the old 26's!

It makes me feel so proud of all of us!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2004, 11:17 pm

For me, a real BIG sign of victory was fitting into the fitting room without hitting my elbows and buns on the walls...

I used to hate trying on clothing.

I especially hated those fitting rooms that have a curtain for a door - I didn't want anyone taking a peeky-poo by the side of the curtain or in the cracks of a BR stall and see my semi-naked flabulous bod...

Whaddid I tell ya? NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels!

Isn't that great? Size 8 and a size 18...skininess abounds!

Look out dressing rooms! The slender people are on their way!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room