Guys (Men) you don't wanna read this...

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Guys (Men) you don't wanna read this...

Postby SharonR » July 16th, 2006, 10:59 am

Alright...lol...I hate to even bring this up but it's killing me and I have to talk to someone and I know all you ladies and give me your 2 cents.

I posted this in my journal but nobody has responded so here goes...

I vowed I wouldn't be one of those women that talked about Aunt Flo and TOM, because even for me I don't care to know when you all are on your period...lol...but...

My first period on this program came 8 days late. I know that's bound to happen when you start a new diet. So I thought, okay, it will be normal next month. Oh no, not so, it's 6 days late this month. I was starting my period at the beginning of each month, usually the 1st. Now it's the 16th.

I am very upset by that because all my life my period has been wacking and inconstiant. After having my daughter a year ago my periods have been like clock work and I have loved that. Now starting this diet and still after 2 1/2 months they are WACKY! I'm just saddened by it all because I know I am more emotional.

So yesterday I thought I was starting....but no, just some spotting.

I wonder if anyone else has had this experiance.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby supermom » July 16th, 2006, 11:10 am

Okay--well first off--I don't read many people's journals. I just think they are kind of personal stuff, ya know! That is why I don't have one. As far as the periods go, yes, mine have changed. Which is SUPER scarey for me because I am not able to take birth control, am allergic to latex, so had to stop using my diaphragm and the condoms. I have an appointment this week for an IUD. Estrogen is stored in fat cells. As the fat is melting away, the estrogen is released into your bloodstream. More estrogen means more emotions, increased risk of pregnancy, and alterations in cycles. Once your body adapts, you should see it return to normal. DEFINITELY practice safe sex, or you will end up knocked up!!HEHEHE. Our sex life is practically non existant for fear of getting pregnant. We just don't want another child right now. We can barely handle the 3 we have. Plus, I am afraid I would have another boy. We have WAY to many penis's in our house as it is!! Don't worry, you aren't weird or anything. You will be fine. Just always be "prepared".
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby loriannk » July 16th, 2006, 11:40 am

I am on month 5 now of MF. TOM has been running 1 - 2 weeks late every month. Now that is starting from the prior month that it started late. Then yesterday I was shocked to get it ON TIME. First time in 5 months it started when it should have. I hope it continues as I like to know.

Hang in there, I am pretty sure it is the MF. Hopefully for me I will stay regular now.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Dayna » July 16th, 2006, 12:47 pm

For the first several months, my schedule was WAY out of wack. I actually ended up having two TOMs in one month (about 3 weeks apart), which was highly obnoxious. Things seem to be getting somewhat back to normal, schedule-wise, the length of the TOM has become reasonable again (I'm sorry, but 7+ days of flow is just sick and wrong), and the only thing I'm dealing with now is a return to the kind of cramps I had as an adolescent.

Hmm. I think that all probably counts as TMI. :mrgreen: But don't get discouraged, it seems like our bodies do eventually adjust.
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » July 16th, 2006, 11:27 pm

ah, gotta love Eve and the lasting effect of her free will.

It's all part of the fat burning process, unfortunately...and more so for some (like you) than others. Estrogen gets stored in our fat cell, and as the fat is released for fuel, so is extra estrogen. As my doctor explained it to me once (I, too, have very rarely gotten to enjoy regular cycles), the uterus is a very stupid organ -- easily confused. Sometimes, when it gets too confused, it just gives up and shuts down entirely. (I'm sure the science behind it is much more..uh..scientific; but to a teenager, this made a lot of sense. And, as you can see, it stuck better than whatever it was I learned in college.)

More Dutch Chocolate shakes and Chocolate Divine bars, perhaps??? Oh! What about the Women's Health shakes?? I wonder if those would help?? We'll have to research that.

hugs!!!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 17th, 2006, 3:25 am

What everyone has stated is true. My cycle has been all over the place while I've been on MF. I'm going in soon for my annual visit and will be chatting with my doc about it.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sarya » July 17th, 2006, 5:59 am

I used to be very regular; then I started gaining weight again and my period went out of whack. Now I don't know what it's like because I have a nuvaring and like to skip my period. As long as I don't grow any new facial hair I'm ok.
Sarya

Postby Prancer » July 17th, 2006, 6:31 am

I have PCOS so I havent had a period since january. Normally when I drop 10 pounds I will get one but since I have been on MF and lost some weight I still havent gotten one. I actually am considering bringing one on with meds.
Prancer

Postby alpha femme » July 17th, 2006, 10:47 am

i'm very regular.
but, to be honest, i don't get what the big deal is about being irregular. frankly, if you are a week late, that's just more time you get without being inconvenienced. maybe it's because i don't use my period for anything. :lol:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » July 17th, 2006, 11:05 am

I spent about 3 years without my period once. I elected to bring it on with birth control because the acne and hair growth was horrific. My doctor tells me I have PCOS, but I am not treated for it in any way. If it gets in the way of my normal life that would be one thing, but so far it doesn't. I don't _need_ a period except that I'd rather have that than the facial hair. sigh.
Sarya

Postby SharonR » July 17th, 2006, 2:52 pm

Thanks everyone for your responses. Loriannk, sounds like I have something to look foward to, even if it's 5 months away!

csula, It's not that I look forward to my period, please :| What I like about be regular is that you kinda know what to expect. So if I think I start on the 5th per say, I know on the 1st if I'm cranky it's because that's "normal" for me. If start getting cranky on the 5th and don't start until the 15th..well that's a long time being cranky and feeling bloated (PMS!). THAT is why I feel frustrated.

So just a update...2 days of spotting...and now nothing...should I consider that a period??

At least now I know I have about 5 or 6 weeks before the next one...or wait...my body is wacked...it might start again in 3 weeks...who knows.

Again that's you guys for putting up with me :D
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 17th, 2006, 9:30 pm

Mine hasn't been erratic. It's just been 2 days late each day each month.

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » July 18th, 2006, 4:03 am

Foolproof way to regulate your period:

Go on vacation.....works for me every time! :x :x :x
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Tankie » July 18th, 2006, 1:16 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Amy
It's been swell but the swelling's gone down...

Tankie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Janae » July 18th, 2006, 1:50 pm

I like Jo's method...I think I can schedule a very regular monthly vacation!!! Now...wait for me while I go sell this one to my boss!! :lol:

Janae
Janae

Next

Return to What's Shakin'