Where are the MEN???

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby explorthis » September 16th, 2004, 11:32 am

And Nancy and Camille, you guys are always full of wisdom

Laughing, and all this time, I thought it was me that was full if wis........

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2004, 11:34 am

Hawaiiwhatnot ~

I concur!

You always have great ideas and I can tell from the way that you write that you are a problem solver. Always thinking about what will help others to succeed. You are a cool person.

Exercise does not have to be sweaty to benefit the health of a person.
Music or even books on tape are good ways to improve the mind while working on the body. Music seems to soothe the soul or jazz it up.

I have a dorky set of earphones/radio and also a Walkman CD player. We have a bike and treadmill in the garage. I put on the tunes and bike and walk. We also have a nice stereo and speakers in there so sometimes I just turn it on nice and loud and go for a heart healthy spin. We've got a small space heater for chilly winter days.

I often read while walking but when I do, it slows me down - I walk only about 2.8-3.0 mph when I read as opposed to 3.5-4.0 mph...oh well...slower is better than zero exercise.

Something funny happened to me just a bit ago.

WARNING: for some of you, this is TMI about LW.

When I got up this AM, I weighed (130.4), chugged a bottle of water while I nuked breakfast and then came directly into the office to check overnight/early morning email while having my Medibreakfast of French Vanilla Oatmeal.

Unca staggered by a while later and said that I was going to get written up by management if I didn't change my office attire and dress less casually and more professionally. I was wearing an XL T shirt and underdoodies... :shock:

Then I went to the garage and donned my tennies, rode the bike while reading from my Ultimate Kauai book - dreaming about vacation and making some mental notes about places where I want to hike and then climbed aboard the treadmill - still wearing the same scanty attire.

All of a sudden, the garage door began to move upward, exposing Leopard Woman! :oops: :oops: :shock:

Lemme tell ya, my heart rate on the treadmill panel went from 124 to about 157 right then and there!

It was Terry! He was :drive: taking off for his day of activities. That door did not go down any too soon!

Take Note: When exercising wear shorts!
Last edited by Nancy on September 16th, 2004, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Sylvia » September 16th, 2004, 11:38 am

I am far from an avid exerciser although I have been trying to live a more active lifestyle. I have managed to fit about an hour of exercise a day into my very busy life almost painlessly. Here's what I do:

1) Just about every day, a work friend and I walk 2 miles in about 35 minutes. I am now at the point where I really miss it if we can't do it and arrange my schedule to be sure I get it in. I really like talking to her and the time flies by.

2) I love to read for pleasure but have little time to do it. I bought a good quality recumbant(sp?) bike and put it in my bedroom. Just about every night after the kids are in bed I get on it from anywhere from 20-40 mins and pedal away while reading a novel. Sometimes I even lose track of how long I've been riding! It's also in front of the tv so I have that option as well.

I've made both of these daily things a habit and think it has made a huge difference. I also think it will save me when I get to maintenance in the not too distant future.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby elle4nelly » September 16th, 2004, 11:39 am

You Mike are:
Charismatic, magnetic, a born leader, a master of Medifast. You’re encouraging, tenacious, and full of no nonsense. Bright, intelligent. And did I say endowed with good looks and a good-looking family!

Do you feel better now?

Good!! :coach: NOW GET THOSE POUNDS OFF BY EXERCISING MORE WILL YA!
:weightlift: :jumprope:

Your conductor

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby elle4nelly » September 16th, 2004, 12:17 pm

Sylvia!

I absolutely love your attitude about exercising! It's wonderful! I am an avid exerciser. I miss it really really bad if I go more than a day or 2 without. I just crave it. I cannot wait to be at goal, so that I can up it and really get on an intense program of weight lifting with furious cardio.
Right now...I'm happy with 3 1 hour cardio session and 2 45 minute hard weight lifting session.
Anyway as nancy said, it needs not be intense to have a positive effect on one's life. I believe that it has to be at least 30 minutes continuous 3-5 times a week at minimum. I think that's what's recommended. And it's so easy. Like all of you have said. A book on a recumbent bike, a cycle in front of tv, a walk with friends.

You know..exercise isn't and shouldn't be about diet only. It should be a way of life for all americans. Our hearts will thank us a million. And our minds too.

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » September 16th, 2004, 1:13 pm

You Mike are: Charismatic, magnetic, a born leader, a master of Medifast. You’re encouraging, tenacious, and full of no nonsense. Bright, intelligent. And did I say endowed with good looks and a good-looking family!

I dunno if I have ever smiled this big before!! Thanks for the wonderful comments..... WOWOWOW!

Blushing now.
explorthis

Postby Jeanette » September 16th, 2004, 1:26 pm

Mike, 'tis all true about you...you are really and truly a MOTIVATOR!

I'm so glad you're my friend!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 16th, 2004, 3:09 pm

Mike,

This forum would not be the same without you. Your wisdom combined with tough love is priceless. THANKS

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 16th, 2004, 9:11 pm

Yup, I second, third, or fourth that idea, Mike. We love 'ya and count on 'ya for our no-nonsense spankings and impeccable advice!! So just stick around here and we'll have those couple of pounds worked off of 'ya in no time. :whip: Just stay accountable and enjoy some Delicious Medifood - and hang out here a lot (mostly for OUR benefit, lol). Be good to yourself. ... not many men here. :lol:
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby TamiL » September 16th, 2004, 9:17 pm

DIDO...I AGREE...RIGHT ON...IM WITH YA...SOOOO TRUE
(all the good things about mike posted above...he is/has/does/continues to inspire me..and all of us here)

Mike rocks...I am waiting for the day I turn on my TV and see Mike on the Medifast commercial, with Nancy behind him in her lepard skin outfit...and the THINVILLE sign with the rest of us dangling off the train with medifast shakes in our hands!! :-P

hehehehe!!
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2004, 9:43 pm

:shock: :shock: Uh, what's this
with Nancy behind him in her lepard skin outfit

:x I don't think so, Kids! Leopard Woman stands behind NO ONE! ;)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DutchChoc » September 17th, 2004, 5:34 am

:D Just a metaphor for the resolve and support that you show us, Nancy. You can definitely be in the front row. We need a leopard smiley.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby sudaoning » September 17th, 2004, 5:47 am

I'm a little late chiming in here Mike but:

Don't you DARE let your poundage slip!!!! Next thing ya know you'd be hiding from us and then where would we all be????

I'll tell ya where:
On that MF trip with a new destination, Mikey's doorstep!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby explorthis » September 17th, 2004, 7:29 am

Leopard Woman stands behind NO ONE

WOWOW again, thanks for all the great comments. I am just taken back, I know I toss in a good dose of reality, but really never thought of myself in this light; I do thank all of you from the bottom of my soft-Guido heart!

As for LW standing behind me, Naaa.... She can stand in FRONT, as she is the queen, and without this support forum, I doubt I would be as far along as I am! Also, I am still twice her size; her tiny frame will not hide Jumbo-Guido anyway.

Good news is, I am no longer 11 pounds over, now just 9. This morning’s Nip-Tuck-Stand-N-Peek revealed a 2 pound drop to 232. I KNOW this is only a temporary thing. I PROMISE I will have this gone within about a week-1/2 or so. I will post regularly my progress, because I MUST be accountable.

Sort of stinks, I cannot claim a “Spidey” prize, he put stringent regulation on the claim-age of the cash……

Oh well, my loss is your gain, I guess!

-Mike
explorthis

Postby Nancy » September 17th, 2004, 11:02 pm

Yesssir!

We were packing up the violin cases here in The Couve and getting ready to :drive: send a Leopard-attired :whip: Guidoette :shoot: to southern Cal for a little shake up to get those 11 pounds off of our favorite :shades: Guy with the flame shirts.

Don'tcha just :heart: love it - when we get out of line, our MakeMeThinner Forum Family comes right to the rescue! :pet:

I love that about all of you - you understand how it is when we get bummed out and call in the :shock: Pizza Dude when we are :tears: emoted-out, you understand when we have a :eat: tryst with the truffles or have a :bib: forrage through the French Fries; you understand how it feels to have :scratch: nothing to wear; to not fit in a booth at a restaurant; to have to :help: huff and puff while walking through the grocery store; to have your thighs rub together :oops: and chap your hide; to sneak food; etc. You know how hard it is to politely say, "No thank you, not right now" when EVERYONE else in the room is having :bib: platefuls of appetizers and :buddies: beverages...

You folks come to the aid of your party! :yes:

Thank you from the inside of my bar wrapper and the bottom of my shaker jar. :bow:

My little shaker jar is bald – it has no visible writing or measurement marks left on it – but I shall NEVER throw it out – it reminds me of my Medimiraculous :toast: drinks that help us all to become the incredible shrinking bodies that we are!

People in Process, :hug: huddling close, becoming who we were intended to be! :goteam:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

PreviousNext

Return to Weight Loss