Where are the MEN???

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Where are the MEN???

Postby Jeanette » September 15th, 2004, 7:26 am

Mike!!! Gerald!!!

Neither of you have posted in days.....where are you?????
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2004, 11:59 am

Yeah, Mike, I HOPE you are writing your anniversary post.

I am waiting with ketosis breath for it...

I know Spidey is alive and thinnin' He said he was busy working on some stuff and he is getting ready for a BIRTHDAY... :candle:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 15th, 2004, 12:12 pm

Yep, I'm around, just been busy, busy - mostly bending Nancy's ear. ;)

Mike is away working out of town, but will be back home today. Expect to hear from him soon! I got one email from him saying the net connection in his hotel was flaky.

-Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Jeanette » September 15th, 2004, 2:45 pm

Well geez GErald--that's one more e-mail than I got from him! :x

Oh well.......
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby LongWay2go » September 15th, 2004, 2:52 pm

LOL Jeanette. He DID say that he wasn't even sure I'd get the message I got. That's how much trouble he was having, so if you were expecting something it may very well magically appear when he gets back to a working net connection!

-Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 15th, 2004, 8:22 pm

"Post subject: Where are the MEN???"

LOLOLOLOL! Jeanette when I first saw this post and that it was from YOU, my first thought was, "Jeez, I know you're newly single and skinnier by the minute, but it ain't that kinda board!"

LOLOL!
Kidding as always!

Hugs :hug:

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna

Postby Jeanette » September 16th, 2004, 6:53 am

Oh my!!! I didn't even think about that when I posted!!! I'm so embarrassed! :oops:

NOT!!! ;)
(340) 325/300/180
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby explorthis » September 16th, 2004, 7:51 am

THE MEN are back!!!

As Gerald said, I was in San Diego (That's California for all you that don't reside close by) for ‘puter training. We are adopting a new system for my company (trivial info – to the tune of $9-million) and it is very extensive training.

Now I am back, and have had my first shake of the day (Yes I Medifast regularly). I gained 4 pounds while gone, according to the scale. Folks, bad habits are HARD to break. I am now 11 pounds over my original goal. ELEVEN pounds. I was about 8, which is my normal up and down weight from my original goal. Oddly, it is next to impossible for me to maintain my 223.4 where I ended. I know not why. Maybe the body does find a comfortable weight. I can fight like a dog; get to 223, and then right back up to 226-227. Once I am at 227 I basically just stay there. I am still cautious what I eat. However at this training fest, of course they feed you like you are normally thin, with no regard to anything, except eating. I ate, though not in large quantities, I still ate. This morning I was at 234 which is 11 pounds over my original goal. 11 pounds is not a lot of weight, but is life threatening to me. It is the highest I have seen over my original number in the year I have been on the program. NO NORE. Today marks the “get my butt in gear” day.

I will post and let you know (accountability factor) my progress, because I REFUSE to screw up the hard work, and massive loss I saw. I think I need a “Lois crazy challenge”!!

Glad to be back!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2004, 8:50 am

Welcome ba-a-a-a-ck, Mikey!

We missed you madly. never leave us again, 'k?

Glad that you are now trained, :puter: computerly speaking, that is.

So...you're sufferng from an overactive fork, eh? :bib:

Yeah, well, life happens but the good thing is this: Medifast is STILL available!

Folks, now hear this! :coach:

Even though we daily use Medigrub - because it is nutritious, good for us, tasty, low in calories, etc. Flab happens if we are not careful. Foodies and Former Foodies are but a bite away from getting out of control if we fail to conciously think before we open our trap.

The good news is this: a few days or a week on the Program and the %&*^%@ melts off and you are back in your 501s and black shirts with flames, lookin' and feelin' mighty fine!

Whine, whine: I have some MAJOR Foody events of late and it has been really hard to restrain myself. I declined two events this week as I just felt it would be too much to deal with.

I have a biggie coming up Friday night - my son-in-law's 30th birthday at a restaurant known for it's awesome Mud Pie, a final Vacation Planning BBQ on Sunday and I am taking my wonderful coconut cream pie and apple caramel pie...(I shall have a slice of each, because I can and because I want to) and the bathing suit vacation begins in 10 days.

Whoa Nelly! I need to have my jaws wired shut!

That means that Saturday and Monday will be total Medifast days for me - I sandwich Foody Events in between Medi-days before and after.

Plan ahead, Folks for the things that you REALLY truly pock-a-dooly want.

Mike, what kind of things lured you into scarfage?

It won't be long and that sack of potatoes will be outta here, Man!

$9 million computer system, huh? Well, we are happy to hear that some 'puter systems are still being purchased for folks that have jobs...the NW has been hit really hard. Most of the computer companies have closed up and the bldgs sit vacant.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby explorthis » September 16th, 2004, 9:11 am

Mike, what kind of things lured you into scarfage?

Easy answer: Peer pressure. Being amongst friends, they eat, I eat. They drink, I drink. I don’t do this at home, so why do I do it while away? I have complete control at home, and exercise it easily. Even on a normal day at work, I can control it 95% of the time, thus my retained (for the most part) goal for 9+ months.

PEER PRESSURE sucks. Food is a social issue!

-Mike
explorthis

Postby elle4nelly » September 16th, 2004, 10:24 am

Mike......
Notice that I'm approaching you with a quiver and whimpering in my voice.. :tomato:

Huh? I'm going to tell you something your mom probably told you already and you just don't like to hear it.

:coach:EXERCISE! Like a MAN!

" ducking for my life now" ...now I'm about to be dead medifast meat!

You've got to find some Gym buddy and workout harder than u've been..and your body will stay at 223. PERIOD!

I'm leaving now...before you eject me from here......

Whimpering and scurred all the way to Thinville! :bricks:

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » September 16th, 2004, 10:48 am

Hey Nelly, no need to hide. Truth is truth, and your telling the truth! You could not be any closer to the exact truth. Exercise (YUCK) goes through my mind everyday, never a day goes by, trust me. Soon as I gain a pound or 5, (like over the past 3 days) I fervently tell myself, Yup, tomorrow is the day, clean off the treadmill, start walking, running, or whatever it is I need to do. Remember about 5-6 weeks ago, someone listed that site for “running in X weeks”?? Oh yeah, I saved it, actually copied it and printed it out, with all the best intentions. Well, X weeks later, still no running, but give me credit for at least thinking about it? Not.

I know for God given fact, without exercise, I will struggle forever. May be the case. I might, and might no begin an exercise regimen.

Beats me, but your 100% correct.

B y the way, my Mom, never hounded me or even mentioned exercise to me as a kid, but now that she is boney, she mentions it all the time, and I still don’t listen.

-Mike
explorthis

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 16th, 2004, 11:09 am

Welcome home Mike!

Now that computer training is over, it's thin training along with us for a while. ALL ABOARD....

Hey, I know it's hard to start exercising. Here's what helped me. Get some of your favorite rock-n-roll, disco, or whatever tunes you're into (just make sure they have a fast dancey beat). put them together on an MP3 player or find a favorite upbeat radio station on an armband radio. Put on the headphones, turn up those tunes, and go for a 10 minute fast walk on a treadmill or around your block. THAT's ALL! Just 10 minutes! If you're like me, you'll find you've REALLY MISSED listening to music and moving to it. The time will fly and you'll have a great time! If you like it, you can increase the time to get more benefit. Makes you feel like a teenager again! :kool:

Your rockin rollin discoing karaoking walkin and a-shakin MF pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2004, 11:12 am

What's this? :shock:

Peer pressure. Being amongst friends, they eat, I eat. They drink, I drink.

We read that Mike, the Former Superchunk now a Medifast Superhunk actually caved in to..to..(I can hardly type this)... Peer Presure?

Huh? :shock:

How can that be? His moxy must have been on a starvation diet or sumpin' - surely this cannot be our own Steely Man of Iron Resolve!

Mike, welcome to the human race...for some of us - oh-kayee, already, for MOI, a born people-pleasin' person, one of the most difficult things I have learned how to overcome is to be self-assertive.

In many ways, YOU have helped me to do just that - to state my case, to stick to it and I have benefited greatly by it. I truly have learned to not worry about what others think or do, I do what's right for me. Thank you, Darlin' you are a good example to us all. :bow:

Once I made up my mushy mind to Medifast it from matronly to mah-ve-lous, my resolve could not be disturbed. Stickin' to healthy eating was easy once I got that initial success. :thumbup:

As I continued to read and study the transition plan and maintenance plan, I began to think that if I truly wanted this to be a permanent weight loss solution then I would have to make PERMANENT changes.

Initially this :tears: saddened me - I love to eat (I love the flavors, the textures, the good smells and most of all; I loved the social interaction that is usually involved with the food part.) - and it cheesed me - made me feel like I was 'marked' for punishment - denied to have whatever and how much I wanted.

The truth is, I CAN have whatever I want (and I DO!) but I CANNOT have as much as I want. I have accepted that. I can gladly accept it - the alternative: :twisted: Eternal Flabdom :twisted: - :x I cannot and will not accept that.

There are times when we have an opportunity to have some special foods or attend special events and it is OK to enjoy the extra food and uh, beverages and then when we return, we just get back on the Mediwagon and return to our schedule of eating healthy most every day and yes, exercising.

Nelly, I love the reminder and your gentle ;) nudges to Mike to get his heart beating - his heart beats rapidly for Denise and the girls - he'll be making a lot of trips down the hall to the sandbox as he gets back on Medifast shakes full time for a few days and remember, he does two daily walkabouts - he is not without exercise. Besides, he bench presses his desk and 'puter several times a day, too!

We love ya, Man! :rose:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby elle4nelly » September 16th, 2004, 11:24 am

:stroll:

Thank you Meister Mike for not stoning me! Welcome back! One day you'll get the hang of exercising- "more that is". You'll get there and love it. Just wait and see! And Nancy and Camille, you guys are always full of wisdom!

Well ...all on board.... choo choo!!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Next

Return to Weight Loss