Great Salad Dressings!

Add your favorite recipes.

Great Salad Dressings!

Postby 70 » May 29th, 2005, 2:43 pm

Hi all!
I just wanted to share with you a great find. I went food shopping today and was looking for a salad dressing that was "allowable" on my salad for my lean/green meal. I found 2 great dressings. The first is "Walden Farms". It is calorie free, fat free, sugar free, cholesterol free and carb free. It comes in all flavors and tastes great. I got the cesear and expected it to taste horrible, but it didn't and it was creamy.I don't know how they do it, but I'm glad they did. The second is "Maple Grove Farms of Vermont" some varieties are fat free, low carb (1 gm. per 2 TBSP.), sugar free, and low cal. (5 cal. per 2 TBSP.) I tried rasberry vinaigrette.
2 TBSP. was more than enough for my salad.
Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » May 29th, 2005, 6:14 pm

70..........thanks for the info and enjoy them...... :D .......
donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » May 30th, 2005, 9:25 pm

70--- thanks.. i to have been wondering about the taste of this brand.. I don't know how most people are but I hate to spend any more money than I have to on something if it doesn't taste good. I have bought so many things that were"low carb" or "diet" and YUCK!!! :lol: :lol: It went right into the garbage.. will give these a try this week.. Thanks again.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby suzyq » June 8th, 2005, 1:00 pm

I just bought Walden Farms for the first time too - I tried the Balsamic and it is awesome! Very flavorful! Beware though if you are sensitive to Splenda as it does contain sucralose!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Fix up your Salad Dressing

Postby skramstad » July 25th, 2005, 2:20 pm

First you will need to buy Kraft Fat Free Mayonnaise. I put a couple of tbls. in a bowl with a bit (to taste) of any balsamic vinegar (I have about 8 different types/brands) and then add onion powder, a tiny bit of garlic powder and some salt and pepper.
YUM YUM! What you get is a Creamy Balsamic Vinegarette Dressing.
skramstad

Kraft Fat Free Mayonaise and olives

Postby Jules » August 10th, 2005, 9:35 pm

Would someone please clarify how much "Kraft Fat Free Mayonaise" is allowed.... :lol: ....also, I'd like to know if I can use olives in any thing and how many......Many thanks......want to know before I eat something I shouldn't.....Medifaster in Ga., Jules
Jules

Return to Lean Cuisine