Salad Dressings

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Salad Dressings

Postby Nancy » August 1st, 2003, 6:53 am

Some of you have been wondering about what type of salad dressings to use when on the Modified or Maintenance Plan.

I used to ladle Blue Cheese or Home Made Ranch dressing onto my salad and then top it off with some French or Catalina dressing, too. Actually...I had a little serving of greens along with the fat-laden dressing! Sheesh! It's a wonder I didn't weigh 358 pounds! Here's what I've learned: veggies actually taste pretty good without being drenched in salad dressing! :P

Some salad dressings that we use sparingly are

Kraft Zesty Italian FAT FREE, 15 calories per 2 Tbsp, 0 Fat, 2 grams carbs

Bernstein's Light Fantastic Cheese Fantastico 25 calories per 2 Tbsp, 1.5 grams Fat, 3 grams carbs

Paula's No-Oil Dressing Lime & Cilantro 15 calories per 2 Tbsp, 0 grams Fat, 4 grams carbs

I also like just a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice, or a dash of balsamic or wine vinegar with a snort (and I mean just that, a quick splash from the bottle of olive oil - be especially careful when on the weight loss program! Now that I am on maintenance, I don't measure the olive oil but I really don't use very much of it. I love my arteries and have decided to not plaque them out any more! :shock: ) I also snip off fresh herbs from the garden and sprinkle them on our salad. :D

I really enjoy using Tabasco, Lemon & Pepper seasonings and all of the Mrs.. Dash seasonings - Tomato Basil and Extra Spicy are among my faves.

To make the program work and for maximum weight loss, one must follow the protocol exactly right. You just cannot fail. It is important to keep the calories and the carbs low - around 40 calories. Even though I have reached my goal, I choose to not have a lot of salad dressing - I just don't need it, I enjoy the taste of the different veggies in the salads now and I just don't want to clog up my arteries anymore - I did it for years!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Caesar dressing

Postby mombarnes » November 12th, 2004, 7:13 pm

I just got my 2nd order ... which contained the Caesar dressing.
It is DELICIOUS! And it was so good and tasty that I was completely satisfied with the serving suggested.
I had it with my 3 celery sticks for supper tonite.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » November 12th, 2004, 11:56 pm

Hi, Mombarnes ~

Gosh, I had forgotten that I wrote this article about salad dressings! That was 15 months ago! That was before Medifast had salad dressings available.

The MF salad dressings are really good. Rather than using butter or sour cream, I have used the MF salad dressings on baked sweet potatoes and on steamed baby reds, too. Remember - NO 'taters on the weight loss phase, just for transition and maintenance!

Part of the secret to weight management is looking for healthful and flavorful substitutions for high calorie foods. When dining out I used to request butter, sour cream and bacon on my baked potato - no wonder I weighed 265 pounds, eh? Now I request a double portion of vegetables.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss