I gotta not take a shirt!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I gotta not take a shirt!

Postby explorthis » April 8th, 2004, 7:05 am

Well, this will be my first “shirtless” vacation that I can remember. The last time I remember going out in public without a shirt was high school days (late 70’s). I can barely remember coming home from the beach, fair haired, pale skinned sun burned. I was hurting, and needed to go to my friends house. (I can still remember this) I had my shirt off, and asked my Mom if I looked acceptable to go out in shorts only. WOW.

Well, I am off Monday with the family for a week to Carlsbad, California to a Beach resort for some pool/beach time with the family.

I, Mike vow to remove my shirt.
I, Mike vow to go in the pool with my kids.
I, Mike vow to go in the ocean with my kids.
I, Mike am just Mike.

I will remember how I lost the weight. I will remember that while on Vacation for the first time since my loss, to maintain my loss. I will NOT allow dumb, instant gratifications to pass my lips, so I am required to wear a shirt again while vacationing.

I, Mike vow to NOT take any pictures to share with the group of me with no shirt.

I will miss the board for the week that I am gone.

Be good, stick with this. You and only you can make this happen.

The Medifast Miracle!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Carrie » April 8th, 2004, 7:37 am

A week without Mike! What shall we do???????

I hope you have a great vacation, and spend the majority of it shirtless. We'll be here when you get back.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby moutoncove » April 8th, 2004, 9:09 am

I, Mike vow to NOT take any pictures to share with the group of me with no shirt.

YOU HAVE TO SHARE MIKEY!!!!! I know you have 6-pack abs.

I know this is going to be one vacation you'll really enjoy. I remember the last time I went on vacation (3 years ago). We went to a beach and I hated it the whole time I was there. I was miserable - of course I was almost 100# overweight then. Heat and sand and 100# of extra fat is not a good thing. I usually love the beach but not at that weight. If I would have been 150# bac then I would've had a great time but because I was so fat I hated it. I'd love to go back at 150# and be able to wear a bathing suit. It's sad how much fun we miss out when we're overweight.

I will remember how I lost the weight. I will remember that while on Vacation for the first time since my loss, to maintain my loss. I will NOT allow dumb, instant gratifications to pass my lips, so I am required to wear a shirt again while vacationing.

You have great willpower - I know you will maintain your loss - just think of the fun you're having with your kids on this vacation and that'll be all the inspiration you'll need to stay on track - I know your kids will love it that you'll be able to participate in all the activities they enjoy. Enjoy these times with your kids - they grow so fast and reach the age where it's not cool to do things with parents.

Have a good time. We'll definitely miss you.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 8th, 2004, 9:48 am

You'll do just fine Mike,
Those fat fairies wouldn't dare come near the new, lean, mean Mike now.

Careful though, I sent "Andre", our photographer, down there to take covert pictures of you. (by special request from all the ladies here)

Enjoy your well deserved vacation,
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby pinkgeek » April 8th, 2004, 11:54 am

Unca! You weren't supposed to blow our cover. Now he knows to hide out from us. How else are we supposed to get our Mike fix...we are gluttons for punishment here and sadists at heart.

You go have fun Mike and remember the sun block. Your daughter, too. Us redheads turn into lobsters without that stuff. You deserve to be out there shirtless and well whatever else you choose to do. I am kinda "saving up" til the end of the year. Maybe I'll be skinny enough for a cruise in the middle of December! How fun! I know you are looking forward to a happy, healthy, vacation, too! Just think of everything you can do now that you are a skinny booger! Don't forget about us. If you see a chubby lady in a big pink moo moo, oversized sunglasses and huge straw hat, that is definitely NOT me!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Jeanette » April 8th, 2004, 12:22 pm

Have fun Mike....you deserve it !! :)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Landylue » April 9th, 2004, 12:47 pm

Have a great time, Mike. It sounds like you're going to feel like a bird out of a cage on this trip. I know it will be wonderful for you.

Take lots of sunscreen, and have a ball!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby shineface » April 9th, 2004, 4:57 pm

Mike --

You have a wonderful vacation!!!!

I too dream of a vacation that I won't need to wear a shirt (huh, who said that? :roll: )

Enjoy - you deserve it!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss