Gotta Go, Gotta Go Right Now!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Gotta Go, Gotta Go Right Now!!!

Postby getmylifeback » February 7th, 2005, 4:42 pm

Ever see that commercial with the woman who cannot hold her bladder? What does one do about the pee pees ?:roll: It seams as though I've spent a good portion of my day in the restroom. Will this ever let up? I cannot imagine what would happen if I were to really drink a substantial amount of water. I am back and forth to the restroom just from the drinks, not the water. Hmmm.....:-?
getmylifeback
First Post

LOL!

Postby cthrn007 » February 7th, 2005, 4:53 pm

That's too true! I am doing my best to make this change along with drinking water as well.... I would usually go to sodas and coffee (or a beer)!

I have been trying to get in at least 80 oz of water a day... on top of the shakes.... that is tough for me but I was always dehydrated!!

I too have had to frequent the loo often... it is very important though to get the water in while on MF because it helps your body flush out the fat! The trips slowed down though for me...

I just keep that in mind because I am happy to flush that out!! The more the merrier!

Hang in there!!
~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 7th, 2005, 5:21 pm

It does eventually let up some, as your body adjusts to you drinking that much water routinely, at least that's what I've found myself and also heard. I also try to get all my water in by 2 or no later than 3, so I'm not up and down all night. I'm only up once a night for the last few nights (first week).
Caffeine does not help the pee pee situation any, it actually can cause bladder spasms and frequency. Since i've been on MF, it seems that the caffeine has an even stronger effect. On the days I don't drink any coffee or soda I don't run nearly as much, even if I drink more water.
Hang in there, it will get better.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 7th, 2005, 5:24 pm

Hi and welcome --

In answer to your question :

Will this ever let up?

It does actually get better. I'm on the program 3 weeks now and I do not frequent the ladies room as much as the first week --- BUT I still do frequent it much more than pre-MF. So you will have to get used to using the ladies room more often. Pretty much every shopping trip over an hour long is going to involve finding the rest rooms - so plan accordingly!!! ;)

One comment - it sounds to me like you aren't drinking ANY liquids other than the shakes. If that is true - you really MUST make a concerted effort to get the water in. You need to provide your body with a means of expelling all that fat you are burning up on MF. Start small use an 16 oz bottle and slowly sip it. Try to get one in by lunch - one by bedtime. That's 32 oz - halfway there. Do that for 3 days - then add another. Keep at 3 for 3 days and add another -- Soon you will realize your body ACTUALLY wants water.

I keep my 16oz water bottle with me all the time - I take it to meetings with me at work - and have found that I usually drink 4 bottles before I leave the office and have another before bed. That's 80oz!! For me that's extraordinary since before MF ALL I drank (ALL DAY EVERYDAY) was diet coke. I probably drank 8 20oz bottles a day. I have it down to 2 a day now. And that's on TOP of my 80 oz of water.

I know it seems impossible right now to think you could get all that in - but you will. Just don't think you can do it overnite -- just like we can't lose 40 lbs overnite. Take it slowly and train yourself - just like you are training yourself to MF!

Hope this helps!!
scrabbler7

Postby raederle » February 7th, 2005, 6:50 pm

Hey, Ame-- great post! Just wanted to say I'm with ya on the water thing... I'm a recovering Diet Coke addict myself and had to make a concerted effort to fit in the water. It does make a big difference when I drink more water, though; I feel better, I lose more consistently, and I get more exercise having to make all those trips to the loo! So now I limit myself to one DC a day and sip from my 16-ouncer of water the rest of the time. I made the DC a "treat" I allow myself only after downing 3 16-oz cups of water. Seems to be working for us!

:water:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby 24KaratGold » February 7th, 2005, 6:58 pm

I'm another diet coke addict checking in! I don't drink coffee, tea only rarely, so I get my caffeine through diet coke. The summer I was studying for the bar exam I easily went through 6-8 cans a day. :shock:

Like you, Rae, I'm now down to a single diet coke a day. I'm pleased to be weaning myself off the caffeine, actually, as well as everything else.

And yes, the trips to the loo do become less frequent (though still numerous) as the weeks go by.

64 ounces a day of water is necessary on this (or any other!) plan for good health. I've actually read that the optimum amount of water is determined by taking your weight, dividing it by two, and whatever that number is, that's how many ounces of water you should have in a day. I can't quite see myself getting that much every day, though.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » February 8th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Recently someone asked me if Medifast was investing its earnings in toilet paper stock! :hmmm: Hmm...Medipaper...

The :runner: trips to the BR do slow down - eventually. Somewhat. :question:

Water is really important now during the weight loss phase and also during maintenance. It is good for us all and many of us have gotten out of the habit of drinking it.

:shock: When was the last time you saw a commercial on television about water?

Have you ever seen a preview at the movie theater with a cup of broccoli and a bottle of water featured at the concession stand? :?:

Many times when we feel that we are hungry, our body is really telling us it is dehydrated and it needs H 2 O.

:water: Slurp and burp, Folks and when you :x don't think you can swaller another slurp, have some anyway! :mrgreen:

Ame - great idea - gradually add more water each day.

Yes, caffeine does become more powerful when you are Medifasting - it doesn't take nearly as many cups of coffee to start your engine and to keep it revving! :drive:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.