I'm gonna be anti journal and...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I'm gonna be anti journal and...

Postby SharonR » July 7th, 2008, 12:27 pm

...post here! lol

I am so frustrated with my weight right now. I cheated, yep I did, on Saturday. I went the fair and had chips, a tri tip sandwich and later in the day some ice cream...

After the ice cream I felt so sick, i can't even tell you.

The next day I was OP, did very good. I am up 5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even after one day of being OP, I thought for sure I might lose a couple of those, thought it was water weigh, blah blah...nope....

So out to the 10 (well almost) pounds I have lost, I am up 5.

I had a stressful weekend with family...VERY Stressful...so this morning they left and I ate french bread!!!!!!!!!!! arggggggggggggggggggggg.......

I am venting here.....I am not giving up........
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » July 7th, 2008, 4:03 pm

I was very bad yesterday. Had cake, ice cream and cookies all before noon. Then I went ahead and had rice for dinner and a PB&J before bed. I was feeling pretty sick too. Got up today and got right back on plan. Went to the gym this afternoon and didn't see a change in the scale so I guess I am lucky there.

Hang in there Sharon! I was just mentioning to someone else how carbs raise our serotonin levels which is why we tend to gravitate toward them during stressful times. If we can find other ways to trigger the "happy center" of our brains we will be on our way to winning the battle of addiction to carbs and food in general to soothe our souls.

If we can remember how icky we felt after eating all that crap we might be able to fend off another "binge". The important thing is that you have indentified where you went wrong and have put it down in writing. You are aware of triggers and are now better equiped to deal with them.

Be proud that you voiced your ooops then move on. ;)
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » July 7th, 2008, 10:34 pm

Hang in there, Sharon.

Some of that will actually just make it's way out the other end.

I know how you feel, though. I packed on almost 20 lbs in less than 4 weeks during the end of May and the beginning of June.

If only we could crave turkey instead of starches and sugars to get our seratonin high.

And good modeling!! I just posted in my journal. Perhaps I'll move it here. . . That is, after all, the basis of my whole rant in the What's Shakin' room.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby sidrah » July 10th, 2008, 5:41 pm

There is nothing wrong with making a choice, figuring out that you did not like the results, then changing your future plans; that's called learning.

It's doing those things over and over again when you know you are unhappy with the results that is what needs to be looked at again.

Live, learn, move on................If it takes you that extra few days to get back on track, in the long run it is worth it.

You will do great.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby dede4wd » July 12th, 2008, 10:07 am

Hi Sharon,

I didn't have a good week either, but I feel like I'm FINALLY learning that going off program isn't worth it and I don't feel as good as I used to after some taco bell therapy. I don't know why I can't get the "bad food isn't good" idea through my head, but I do know that I'm making progress. For the most part, when I take two steps forward and one back, I'm still better off than I was before I started.

None of us are perfect (except Nancy LOL) and we all seem to have struggles and speed bumps that we're hitting at separate times. Let's just support each other and we'll all get through it and head to health!

I'm tired of beating myself up when I mess up. I just know now that it's not how hard or how many times I fall, it's how fast I get back up. I'm glad my grandma told me that because it's FINALLY setting in!

We can do this...TOGETHER!

D

PS! HI Teresa! Waving!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » July 12th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Thank you Ladies! I was on a gaining streak for three days. It wasn't pretty. I got into the whole mode of, who gives a crap, I'm always going to be big, why do I really want to lose it anyway...ATTITUDE. I just had to get through it and three days ago I picked myself and stumbled again that day, yesterday I had a small stumble and today I was TOTALLY ON PLAN!! woohoo for me! hehe

It is a learning experience. Everyday is. I have lost almost all the 5 pounds that I gained, but that means that I have only lost 10 pounds in 3.5 weeks and that's kinda sad to me, HOWEVER, it's a loss and I will take it and be proud. If I lost 10 pounds every month I would be at goal in no time...well okay in a year and a half. LOL

Thanks again for all the encouragement.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Diana » July 12th, 2008, 10:54 pm

Way to go, Sharon!! Those 10 lbs would have taken me, personally, 5 months on any other program!

I'm glad you're head is back in this and your actions are following right along. Olives are coming when we see you on Thursday.

This is YOUR YEAR!! No holds barred, take no prisoners!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Return to The Weight Room