Goal Clubs #10-#20-#30.....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Nancy » November 29th, 2004, 9:41 pm

Yup, that's right! :cleader: :cleader: :cleader:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby JanTx » November 29th, 2004, 10:09 pm

We are all works in progress - and all on the same journey. Some are at different stages than others. How wonderful is that? Some are ahead and can give others a boost - sharing lessons they've learned along the way. Some are trailing a bit behind or just starting out. They help remind us of our own progress and give us chances to pull others through the rough stretches. Wow. I don't have my hand out for a boost yet, but believe me... I will!

I've had to learn this lesson with a group of friends. There are 6 of us who meet 3 evenings a week to swim together. We do as much group counseling as we do water aerobics! We're all trying to be healthier, but where some have over 100 to lose, one is maybe ... 10 pounds over a healthy weight. But we're all just swimming along together. The 10-pounder doesn't think any more or less of the 100-pounders than they do of her. We all sink or swim together. Ain't it grand? :D
11/28/2004

50 years old, 4'11"
(See? I'm NOT overweight, just undertall! So I need to be ... 7'2"?)

182/177/124
JanTx

Postby Nancy » November 29th, 2004, 10:13 pm

Jan,

re
But we're all just swimming along together. The 10-pounder doesn't think any more or less of the 100-pounders than they do of her.

That's the purpose of the MakeMeThinner Forum Family...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby JanTx » November 29th, 2004, 10:18 pm

I can tell... After just about a week of reading on here I feel like I've met long-lost relatives. Or even better "Chosen Family" - sometimes they're easier to get along with. :mrgreen:
11/28/2004

50 years old, 4'11"

182/177/124
JanTx

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 1st, 2004, 5:33 am

Good morning all peeps!

It's rainy and dim here in the Berkshires this morning but it's sunny for me :D

Unca, please add me to the 20 Club!

I knew when I remembered to jump off the end of my bed today and say "Bear, bear, bear!" it was gonna be a good start to the month. Is this weird or what? My mom told me this when I was a kid, maybe it is some strange French Canadian thing? Supposedly, if you do this on the first of the month, you will have good luck all month long.

I have not remembered to do this for many many years so I'll tell you if I see a noticeable luck increase ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby coco » December 1st, 2004, 5:54 am

wow, that's a strange one...but in a cool way. Congrats big time on making the 20 club!!!!! Keep it up!
~coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby JanTx » December 1st, 2004, 8:23 am

Do ya'll change your weight in the profile as you weigh in (however often that is) or just weekly?

I love the club idea. Wouldn't seem like being able to join the 10 pound club would be much motivation, but I CAN'T WAIT!!! :lol:
11/28/2004

50 years old, 4'11"

182/177/124
JanTx

Postby Sylvia » December 1st, 2004, 8:33 am

Jan,

I used to change my profile whenever there was movement down. Even ounces sometimes. Of course any movement up was temporary and not worthy of noting. Some folks only change their profiles at their "official" weigh in. So do whatever makes you feel good!

S

p.s. Where in TX do you live? I'm in Houston.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JanTx » December 1st, 2004, 8:54 am

I'm just down the road from you - El Campo. Famous for hunting, rice crops, and FLOODS!
11/28/2004

50 years old, 4'11"

182/177/124
JanTx

Postby Nancy » December 1st, 2004, 9:56 am

Berkshire ~

Yabba Flabba Gone! :yes:

Ooh, that makes moi happy
to know you aren't quite so flappy! :roflmao:

Weigh to go!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby shineface » December 1st, 2004, 6:46 pm

Berki seeems awful Perki today---------

Good for you --- the 20 pound club is a wondrous thing to experience (as is the 1/2 pound club if you've only got that to share)!!!!! All movement DOWN is an UPPER for us here on planet MF..... 20 pounds down -- go celebrate with a reward - no longer food ----

Manicure or new journal or new earrings or a book or rent a movie or something just for YOU!!! I did this in the beginning every 5 pounds - wondering now why I ever stopped the rewards!!!!

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 1st, 2004, 7:22 pm

Thank you all for the support! :)

Yes I am super-perky today - whee! Kinda scary hehehe! Right now, close to 9:30 at night, it is sooo windy here! It's crazy! If anyone has ever read the beginning of the book A Wrinkle in Time... it opens in a dark, tree-tossing dramatic night. That's the scene here. The towering pine trees next door, 80 feet high easy, are making some serious whooshing noises.

Shine, I'm all over that non-food Rewards thing for weight lost! I ordered a new pair of earrings Sunday in preparation for my loss :mrgreen: They are very pretty, faceted garnet drops on silver hoops. And it just so happens they will be perfect for my "first date" outfit which is in the works :twisted: Yeah, now I just have to pick out a nice tall pair of knee-high leather boots.... Mmmm.

I realized, looking over my closet the past few days, how much I have buried myself in plain old UGLY clothes. I mean, what was I thinking? Hiking boots, thermal tees and zip-up fleece vests? Admittedly, sporty and useful, but not (ahem) sexy in the least. Time to get cracking on the accessorizing for now ;) I don't want to buy a lot of clothes while I'm dropping the pudge, but I'm telling ya, when I hit goal, WATCH OUT muhaha!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Sylvia » December 1st, 2004, 8:08 pm

I think non-food rewards is a great idea. I started the program with a friend and we agreed to buy each other gifts for every 5 pound loss. Little gifts on the 5's and bigger ones on the 10's. It was great and I ended up with A LOT of gifts.

Since I'm a big shopper, I probably did too much of it while I was still losing and ended up buying some new things that are now WAY too big. Still, a small price to pay and well worth it to have some clothes that fit well and looked good while I was still in process.

Good luck with your date - first dates are so exciting. Make sure to fill us in on all of the details!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » December 1st, 2004, 11:16 pm

Sylvia ~

I purchased little gifts for a friend of mine as slipped below 10 pound marks, too.

Sometimes it was a mug with several cool herbal tea bags tucked inside, a box of Fast Soup, earrings, a snow globe, a tiara, etc.

Berkshire ~

I wanna pair of knee length leather boots, too! They never fit around my calves before! I tried on a pair of high-heeled knee length "stretch" boots last month (the only ones in my size - Folks, I lost 135 pounds, changed my dress size from a 22-24 to a 6 but my shoes size is :x STILL an 11) and the boots were a bit saggy and droopy. Leopard Woman and the Berkster NEED knee length leathers!!

Isn't it fun to :snooze: dream about what you'll do and what you'll wear when you reach your goal?

It's even better when your dream becomes your reality and with Medifast, it is possible! :yay:

These special Medifast moments help to inspire others on their journey plus they help to keep you clean - when you're tempted to nibble, remember your joy of kissing :byebye: buh bye those different weight levels.

Party on, Thinnin' Friends! :dance: :yay: :nana: :bounce: :cateye:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby shineface » December 2nd, 2004, 11:30 am

Hey Berki----

You wanna see some ugly clothes... I was just asking someone this weekend WHY clothing designers think that once a woman crosses the size 22 line they think all she wants to wear is marching puppies or cuddling cute kitties, floppy eared bunnies or rolling teddy bears across her chest or butt?
...And to add insult to injury they are usually in eye-popping colors or BLACK--- being able to shop in the clothing section that caters to "real" people (in the eyes of buyers and designers) does add other options to choose from ----- not that there is anything wrong with puppies, kitties, bunnies or bears 000OMY!!!!! :roflmao: There I go cracking myself up again... must be feeling particularly good today - getting on this forum does that to me!!!!!

Enjoy the date (friend, blind, INET?) ---- details girlfriend - enjoy the preparation as much as the date - sometimes more ----from long-past experience! LOL

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room