giving in?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Unca_Tim » May 23rd, 2007, 7:28 am

Support in Motion just got up and running a short while ago.
I didn't want to post a link, til I was sure they had all the bugs out of it.

Do a search on TSFL and you'll find lots of info about it.
Here's one old post for starters:
What is Take Shape for Life (TSFL)

I'm not sure how MyMedifast works. Maybe somebody else can answer that for you.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Serendipity » May 23rd, 2007, 7:52 am

I went and checked it out. It's just like the my medifast board except that one has a few more features (such as blogs). The thing I don't like about the TSFL site is the delay in posting (just like the main Medifast sight, if any of you are familiar with that......you don't see your post for hours or even until the next day). That used to be a big problem at the mymedifast sight. Now, they have instant posting and it's much easier.....the conversation flows better. Neither are as good as the format on this here forum, though. I like it here best. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Mike » May 23rd, 2007, 8:34 am

I think both are great, especially for new folks. It helps them plan their meals, do their measurements, print progress graphs, get recipes, and lots of other features.

I don't use it much myself, but for newbies... its wonderful.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 23rd, 2007, 2:52 pm

Stacie...support and motion and mymedifast are very similar...I use support in motion every day to track my meals, exercise and everything else!

Jo, it's been up for a while now...
its

wwwdottsflsupportinmotiondotcom

Hope you like it!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby bikipatra » May 24th, 2007, 12:12 am

I think I am sticking with Fitday. It already has 185 days of my meals and daily weights entered (to do the graphs I love so much) and the only things it is lacking I do on my own in a little notebook where I write my meal times and water intake. It's just the way I am used to doing things. I would feel naked withought my little black book.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mike » May 24th, 2007, 11:15 am

bikipatra wrote:I think I am sticking with Fitday. ....... It's just the way I am used to doing things.

Biki the rebel. :lightsword:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Mickeyz » May 24th, 2007, 1:40 pm

When I joined the mymedifast site I had a hard time (at first) getting an authorization code. I just emailed them, gave them my customer ID and they emailed back pretty quickly with the code.

I like to check the nutrition support boards there, it is a good place to find out if things are really in compliance. You see some crazy recipes posted out there with ingredients that are questionable. I have more of a tendency to stay on a pretty straight and narrow program, but every now and then something different is nice, but I don't want some wayward ingredient to throw me off track.

I still find this forum to be my best source of information and support.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » May 24th, 2007, 10:35 pm

Mickeyz wrote:I still find this forum to be my best source of information and support.

We are glad to hear that. Keep shakin' :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby bikipatra » May 25th, 2007, 1:43 am

Mike wrote:
bikipatra wrote:I think I am sticking with Fitday. ....... It's just the way I am used to doing things.

Biki the rebel. :lightsword:

I NEED my graphs and charts and old data!!!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Slimmin' » May 25th, 2007, 8:08 am

As a relatively newbie still (compared to many of the folks in here) I will put in my two cents about cravings. I am a BIG believer in "having it all"! It may not look like a slice of pizza, but how can I get that same flavor and satisfy my craving (which usually fades anyway) and stay true to my plan. After all it is all just choice, after choice, after choice, in this moment, and now this one, and now this one. Since all I am guaranteed is this moment anyway, how do I make it work for me, because the next moment is a new opportunity.

Some suggestions for those pizza moments....a salad with a couple of slices of low fat turkey pepperoni (yes they make such a thing) sliced up very thin, low fat cheese, fat free/low fat Ranch dressing, sprinkle of parmesan on top, or even use black olives in it to get your fat for the day.

Have your chili, with a couple of the same turkey pepperoni and spiced up with oregano, basil and a sprinkle of parmesan on top.

Make a "pizza dip" with marinara, oregano, basil, parmesan cheese, a few olives, those same diced up turkey pepperoni, and dip your ranch soy crisps in it!

Think of a "having it all" vs "I can't have that" way of thinking! It certainly is working for me! Good for you for asking the question!
Slimmin'
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 25th, 2007, 8:30 am

I respect your choices but I would like to talk about what has worked for me, certainly not criticizing any other way people do things. I work to keep my program as clean as possible. Cravings pass for me. Maybe not for others. I don't try to figure out what I can get away with, if I am "dying" from hunger I have a supplement 25 minutes early, or even an hour early. Or just make some hot tea or have a pickle spear. That is much better for me than going off plan. If I have a craving I think it through. Is it worth days of getting back into ketosis? Is it worth adding ingredients to my L&G which aren't exactly approved just to satisfy a momentary craving and wondering if it will affect my weight loss? If I can't follow the rules now, when all they are is 5-1 and water, what hope in hell do I have when I am on maintenance and have all that freedom without months of discipline and an inability to follow the rules? Yes, I get bored with shakes and salad with chicken, but it is what has worked for me, day in, day out when I can stay compliant. I want to lose weight more than I want to experiment. JMHO.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby stacie4 » May 25th, 2007, 9:22 am

Ok to let everyone know it was a heck of a couple rough days, but i did not give in to any of it. I was crabby as heck though. I just wanted a slice of cheese, spoon of peanut butter, anything, but i did not. my scale has not budged in a couple days, so that is a little upsetting. But i know it will here soon hopefully. Plus I just went swim suit shopping and if that is not enough to make me compliant I don't know what is :o))
stacie4
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mickeyz » May 25th, 2007, 10:23 am

Good for you Stacie for sticking it out! :hi5: You must feel really good about that.

Don't worry about the scale. I am WAY to attached to my scale so I know the feeling. Just recently I went 4 days with no budge and then...wahlah..a 1.4 loss. I recently posted something over on The Weight Room about the scale attachment. Lots of people experience plateaus far longer than a few days but continue to lose in the long run. We just have to keep the big picture in mind.

I'm with Biki on this one. I keep my program as clean as possible. For me, it just isn't worth throwing something questionable in to my program to satisfy the moment and then paying for it later. It may work for some, but not me. Plus I am concerned that at this stage if I give myself an inch I may just take a mile! :)

Slimmin, I love your attitude about "Think of a "having it all" vs "I can't have that". An attitude like that will carry you a long ways.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.