Get ready, get set.....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Get ready, get set.....

Postby Kim » October 1st, 2004, 5:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I have our first months supplies and we (my dh & me) are set to start tomorrow. I was hoping to get three full days at home to start but will have to work on Monday after all. But that's ok. I am pretty motivated so will stay focused. I do have a challenge in that I have to travel and be in a hotel for 2 nights late next week. But I'll take extra shakes etc. so that I can stay busy with slurping. I figured I'd go buy a new (digital) scale tonight as well as a tape measure so that first thing in the am we can record our info and start. I look forward to checking in most days - when I have access to the internet - we have the internet at work but I work for a State Agency and it's a HUGE NONO to use other than for work related. People have gotten fired etc. But hopefully I will have access on most days at home or a public computer.

I've read through many of the posts and it looks like people use this board for accountability - which I think is a great idea. I will plan to post our results weekly.

See you all tomorrow!! :lol:
Kim

Postby susan » October 1st, 2004, 7:04 pm

hi, Kim welcome aboard. susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Day 1

Postby Kim » October 2nd, 2004, 9:29 am

Day 1: I've weighed for the first time in a long time...but that's ok...I now have a starting off point. It's only 9:30 am so I've had one shake and I'm working on my 2nd 10 oz. glass of water...So far so good....I have lots to do today so I'm hoping that I will be able to distract myself. DH is still asleep - he had to travel with the high school football team (w/my son) and got home really late. Hopefully his first day won't be messed up since he will probably start about mid-day...
2/25/05 Start Date
170/165/125 (by 6/1/05)
5'3"
Kim

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 2nd, 2004, 11:21 am

Welcome to Day 1 Kim!

Know whatcha mean about weighing for the first time in a long time. I wouldn't touch a scale with a 10 foot pole before medifast. :oops:
Staying busy is a great idea. Gotta get all those shakes in - I wasn't used to stopping and having some 'fuel' every 3 hours. Mucho success to you guys! :thumbsup:

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

thank...question

Postby Kim » October 2nd, 2004, 3:40 pm

It's 3:30 and I've had 3 shakes, 1/2 of the water and 2 c. of chicken bouillon. I am not really hungry - but I notice quite a rumbling going on and a visit from "aunt flo" (I think I remember seeing that name) - is that normal and does it go away after a few days???? I also have a slight headache - from lack of caffeine is my guess...but easily fixable. So far so good. :-P
2/25/05 Start Date
170/165/125 (by 6/1/05)
5'3"
Kim

Postby fedup » October 4th, 2004, 10:56 am

Kim- I too was wondering about the "aunt flo" thing. I started MF last Monday, and had an unexpected visit from aunt flo 4 or 5 days into the program. Nothing major, just not the right/usual time if you know what I mean. Anyone out there know if this is usual? :oops:
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » October 11th, 2004, 2:22 pm

Re: Aunt Flo

Estrogen is stored in our fat and as we lose our flabbage, it is released into our bloodstream. Increases in readily available estrogen can make women more fertile (Gulp!) so take necessary precautions and just know that it can affect your cycle. Some women actually have temporary menstrual cessation (Yay!) if they are on the weight loss phase for a while. Previously when I was on weight loss programs when I was young, my periods stopped all together and then Drat! resumed when I began eating regular high fat foods again...

Some Medifsters do have irregular periods initially. Just be a Boy Scout - be prepared at all times.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.