I'm so frustrated!!!! Suggestions?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I'm so frustrated!!!! Suggestions?

Postby Slimmin' » August 21st, 2007, 12:07 pm

Hey gang (especially all you long-timers out there). Riddle me this....At my weigh-in today I am fully in ketosis. Ate what I should have over the weekend with the exception of not getting in all my water. Exercised way more than I usually do (lots of dancing) this weekend. THE SCALES WENT UP 2.5 POUNDS!!! I nearly screamed! Can anybody shed light on what in the world could be the issue and what do I do (except keep on keeping on). :x
Slimmin'
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Re: I'm so frustrated!!!! Suggestions?

Postby Unca_Tim » August 21st, 2007, 12:59 pm

Slimmin' wrote:...with the exception of not getting in all my water. Exercised way more than I usually do (lots of dancing) this weekend.

Bingo!!
Answered your own riddle... :mrgreen:

Keep on keeping on....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Serendipity » August 21st, 2007, 2:12 pm

and just keep on keeping on....drink that water and don't overdo the exercise. You will see results.

BTW, a 2.5 pound gain is not unusual on this program, but thankfully, a downward trend is what we look for and that is what happens when you stick with it.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Diana » August 22nd, 2007, 12:47 am

Not enough water AND exercised way more than you usually do -- that one will do it, too, particularly the night before a weigh-in. Your muscles will actually retain water (I think that's right -- Dogma or Mike can tell you for sure).

Do keep on keepin' on. And in those weeks you REALLY want to make sure you see a loss, forgo the bars and soy crisps, and make sure you get at least 3 shakes in out of the 5 MF meals.

Remember, it's about course corrections -- the journey is RARELY a straight line.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Re: I'm so frustrated!!!! Suggestions?

Postby alpha femme » August 22nd, 2007, 1:19 am

Slimmin' wrote:Riddle me this....At my weigh-in today I am fully in ketosis.

holy 1989, batman. :roll:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Jan » August 27th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Hi there,
When we exercise we break down muscle tissue ... we all know what happens when muscle tissue is "injured". It packs on the fluid. Just look at a sprained ankle. When we exercise our muscles aren't damaged as much as a sprain .. but they do pack on the water. So I'm betting the extra 2+ pounds is water. Water is very heavy. The weight will be gone soon. Be careful with the exercise on our program... 45 minutes of exercise is about all you have calories to do. Plus, I don't want you to dehydrate .. so drink your water .
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room