New Club but frustrated

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

New Club but frustrated

Postby Mom2three » October 25th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Well last Friday I finally passed the 20# mark... which I am excited about, but I'm just a little frustrated why no one at work has seemed to notice! I'm fitting into my smaller pants, my other ones are baggy on me... why aren't they noticing!
Lynn :)

Start Date: Aug 13th, 2006
174/158/142

#10 09/08/2006
#20 10/20/2006 (finally!!)
Mom2three
Regular Member - #20 Club

Re: New Club but frustrated

Postby VictoriousNat » October 25th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Mom2three wrote:Well last Friday I finally passed the 20# mark... which I am excited about, but I'm just a little frustrated why no one at work has seemed to notice! I'm fitting into my smaller pants, my other ones are baggy on me... why aren't they noticing!

Cause they are evil! :twisted:

Just kidding. First off, congrats! YIPPIE on breaking the 20# mark. I just got there too.

Second, I think some folks notice and some don't. Some notice and won't remark. For example, my assistant sent my avatar pic to a former colleague who has not seen me in months. She told me today, that in my pic it looked like I had lost a bit but she was "afraid to say anything." I was like why...she basically said fat people are sensitive about the topic and how embarrassed would she be if I had lost nothing. :shock:

My dad and stepmonster have said nothing. My sister in law has said nothing.

At church (over 500 people) only ONE person said I looked like I dropped some pounds. Two people asked if I got a hair cut or new glasses. :shock: :D

At work only two people have said anything really good. Both report to me and could be just sucking up. :lol: :lol:

And as mentioned in another post - at my conference some folks said that I have lost weight. And my aunt has been full of compliments.
My mom arrives tomorrow and I bet you a dollar she says I look the same. She weighs 110 lbs. ;)

BUT I said all that long windery to say, hang in there. People will start noticing soon and a few will be good enough to tell you. I promise.
PS: where have you lost weight from the most. I have lost in my abs and bust the most. So women who clock each others faults notice right away. So weird!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Amber » October 25th, 2006, 3:15 pm

WooHoo, good job joining the new club!
The important thing is that YOU notice your hard work. Others will come around soon enough...
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bdg » October 25th, 2006, 5:51 pm

Remember, as sensitive as some people are about their weight, many people are too scared or shy to mention weight loss for fear of offending. I wouldn't worry about it. My co-workers know I am doing something, I have made all aware. They mention it and are unafraid, but I have experienced the shyness too.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby Nova » October 25th, 2006, 8:30 pm

My coworkers and friends didn't notice, or at least say anything, until I'd lost about 30 pounds. I know a couple others have said the same thing. I think 30 pounds is where it starts to be really noticable.

Keep on going, and trust me, at some point, EVERYONE will notice. I've lost almost 80 pounds, and today, I must have had a dozen people come up and say positive things to me.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Denise » October 25th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Yep...what everyone else says! Some people will notice and say something...some notice and don't say anything. Then there are those who don't notice anything. Last week a coworker offered me a piece of chocolate. When I declined..she asked if I was dieting. When I told her I have lost over 60lbs ..she looked at me like I have 3 heads. Oh well... :?
Denise
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » October 25th, 2006, 11:00 pm

a lot of people just don't want to offend.
since i started the ma track, i've lost 167#.
i guarantee people have noticed, but most of them do not say anything.
some will flip out and stutter if they haven't seen me in a while, but most people are very discreet.

for every person who says, "thank you for noticing,"
there is one will say, "what, so you thought i was fat?!"
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 26th, 2006, 12:14 am

Like Nova, lots of people started noticing this past week when I lost 30 pounds. Just keep going. My best friend didn't say a word to me until a few days ago! I don't know whether she didn't notice or didn't want to say anything. But , tried not to let it discourage me.

Keep shakin'! :wavie:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mom2three » October 26th, 2006, 7:05 am

Thanks everyone...... for noticing!! LOL

I am feeling a little better about it today - kind of funny, I said something to my husband about it yesterday (we work together) and he said that someone actually said something to him about me - guess I have to remind him that he needs to tell me those things!! He's been supportive, so thats good.

I've been pretty bad this week sticking with the diet. I'm not over-eating, but definately have had more than a few carbs this week... I think most of it is from stress at work, and it being TTOTM.... I'm a little worried my weigh in will be a little up this week. I still have been getting to the gym... so even with the extra carbs I know there is no real way I've gained weight, it has to be water....

Thanks for letting me vent a little, everyone on this board is so supportive, I know I need to post more... it helps me keep motivated.
Lynn :)

Start Date: Aug 13th, 2006
174/158/142

#10 09/08/2006
#20 10/20/2006 (finally!!)
Mom2three
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room