frustrated

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

frustrated

Postby krandle » October 11th, 2004, 12:39 pm

I did not lose or gain this week. I did have the cookies earlier this week, that my husband bought home. But i still feel cheated though. I still drank my water had my shakes and exercised 1 1/2 hours a day or more. Stationary bike. That might not be enough.

The point i was trying to make about the cookies is this, why bring the cookies in the house, if you know i am trying to lose weight. If you were trying to stop smoking i would not smoke around you. If he had a drinking problem i would not drink around him. That's all i am saying. I see what everyone else was saying to. But i wouldn't do a person like that. I think he thinks i'm going to leave him when i lose the weight. I think when anyone makes a conscious effort to throw your weakness in your face like that, then it is a cruel intention. Regardless of my well power.

good day
good luck
krandle

Postby RavenKat » October 11th, 2004, 4:41 pm

krandle,

All that stuff you wrote out? Tell it to your husband!!! He's the one that needs to hear it. :whip: If you explain that you aren't going to leave him once you are skinny and that waving cookies in your face only makes you mad (and fat) HOPEFULLY he'll stop doing it and give you the support that you need.

I understand your frustration - believe me. My husband is a recovering alcoholic that eats more sugar than anything else. At any given time there is Ben & Jerry's in the fridge and cookies in the cupboard. He doesn't flaunt it (just as we don't have alcohol in the house now) but he doesn't need to - I know it's there. Heck - I bought it!

You are more than justified in your anger but you also have to realize that you are the gate keeper of your mouth. It's a tough concept to adopt but it is also freeing. When you are responsible for the cookie sneaking then you are also completely responsible for the 3 months of compliance and the 50 pound weight loss! Once you claim it all you can laugh in the face of cookies! :roll: (well, maybe not every time)

Hang in there!

Kat

p.s. I can't recall off-hand when you started MF but you might be exercising way too much if you just started. That might be making you more hungry than you need to be.....
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room