Frustrated....

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Frustrated....

Postby PippiLongstocking » November 13th, 2007, 7:10 pm

1. The chili never works out for me, it boils over and the consistency is all wrong, thoughts?

2. I have stopped losing, what's the deal? I'm being good. :x
PippiLongstocking
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby jskm » November 13th, 2007, 7:19 pm

What about the consistency is wrong? Too wet or too dry? A little more info might help with giving suggestions.

Mine kept coming out really dry so I had to start out with an extra ounce of water and now it's perfect. But I don't know if that's your problem so that may not help, sorry.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » November 13th, 2007, 8:15 pm

pippi, you need to give us a little more information than what you are giving. what is it that's wrong with the chili? if it's too wet, add less water, if it's too dry, add more water. if you don't like the taste, try adding some other spices. You have stopped losing weight but you say you are being "good". realize that there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between being good and being COMPLETELY compliant. So which are you? i'm sorry but i dont remember seeing a start date but i know that you are new. Usually weightloss slows after about the second week (for my 3rd week on plan, i only lost .7). Please take that into consideration too. but i think thru your frustration, you have failed to give us the details needed to help you properly or even lend a whole bunch of support. maybe you might want to come back and let us know a little more. if you are completely compliant, how are your meals spaced? getting enuff water? only 1 bar per day right? we don't know what to say if we don't know what you are/are not doing.

Unca or mike, you think this one needs to be moved to perhaps the WEIGHT LOSS section for better responses?

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » November 13th, 2007, 8:50 pm

Here is what I have found about the chili.
In order for the beans to not be crunchy, just like with ye old pintos... they gotta soak.
I stir up the chili and nuke it for about 30 seconds, then let it sit for an hour. Then I heat it for about a minute and its perfect. I use 6 oz of water. Some that like it more soupy use 8 oz. 4 oz leaves it dry.

Another option is to cook it for a minute at a time for about 3 minutes and let it cool for a bit. Sometimes it still has crunchy beans though. Hope that helps.

As for the not losing... there are lots of reasons. The first to look at is water intake. Another is snacks. Another is when and what medimeals do you have.
In my experience, people slow or stall around the 3rd or 4th week... if that is where you are... its normal. Just give it a day or two and it will kick back in.

Otherwise... we need more info.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby jskm » November 13th, 2007, 9:04 pm

Mike wrote:As for the not losing... there are lots of reasons. In my experience, people slow or stall around the 3rd or 4th week...

Yep. This just happened to me and I didn't even realize this is what it was. I was in a stall for almost a whole week...I read this and realized it was week 4. Guess that explains it.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby rodeomom » November 13th, 2007, 9:32 pm

As I have mentioned in other posts, we often forget that the scale is not the only measure of progress. Even when the numbers on the scale are staying the same or maybe even rising - we may still be losing. If you haven't measured body parts, you should. During times that my scale fairy has decided to take a break, I have realized that I am still losing inches. This will be especially true if you are starting to add exercise to your program. As you replace the fat with lean muscle you may actually see the numbers on the scale go up. That would be because muscle weighs more than fat. Don't fret though because that muscle burns more calories and will boost your progress.

The short version of that is "Don't Let The Scale Rule You!" You ARE making progress IF you are being compliant to the program - it is impossible not to.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby PippiLongstocking » November 14th, 2007, 8:57 am

Okay, this is week 4, maybe that is the reason for stall? I did lose 1 lb. since yesterdays' weigh-in, so perhaps I'm at that plateau like you guys suggested?

I am drinking the water and staying right on the plan, but I am exercising about an hour a day or more so maybe I'm making some new muscles.

I just really loved losing the weight quickly those first few weeks and now its so slow. I hope it speeds up again.

***The Chili****

Its hard and soupy and I can not find a bowl it does not boil over in!
So, I'm going to soak it like you suggested Mike and see how that works out. I want to like it (since I have so much!!!) and I'll report back after my new techniques. We take our chili seriously down here in Texas. :chef:
PippiLongstocking

Postby Mike » November 14th, 2007, 11:34 am

Hang in there and you will see it increase again. Remember that if you exercise alot that your body uses up the calories and you may actually need to increase the intake so that your body doesn't feel starved.
One thing that some clients forget is that when our bodies don't get enough food, it hangs onto everything. You have to feed it to make sure it knows its okay to let go.

Hope the chili tips help.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Tawanda » November 14th, 2007, 2:47 pm

Many of us had a plateau or weight loss stall, whichever way you wish to descibe it, around week 3 or 4. If you continue with the program, the weight will come off. Just keep in mind, that there will be stalls/plateaus during your weight loss efforts and time on MF.........stick to it and the scale will show losses again as your clothing gets looser and looser.

Keep going........try not to allow frustration to enter into your mind.......just know that the program works and results are happening even when the scale doesn't show it.

:D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » November 14th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Tawanda wrote:Many of us had a plateau or weight loss stall, whichever way you wish to descibe it, around week 3 or 4. If you continue with the program, the weight will come off. Just keep in mind, that there will be stalls/plateaus during your weight loss efforts and time on MF.........stick to it and the scale will show losses again as your clothing gets looser and looser.

Keep going........try not to allow frustration to enter into your mind.......just know that the program works and results are happening even when the scale doesn't show it.

:D

My experience is like T's. I had various stalls during my time on MF. Some brought around by acts of non-compliance-either over/under eating and some that happened during perfect compliance. They just happen sometimes.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby PippiLongstocking » November 16th, 2007, 11:03 pm

Okay, I started losing again, 3 lbs. all of a sudden so I guess it was just water retention or perhaps my body was trying to think about this...
but back on track now!!! :D
PippiLongstocking

Postby lifelovinaries » November 17th, 2007, 7:59 am

YAY!! See? just keep sticking to plan and physically, it HAS to work! Glad the scale fairy was nice to you!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby bikipatra » November 17th, 2007, 9:18 am

Pippi, Congrats on the loss! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby jskm » November 17th, 2007, 9:56 am

PippiLongstocking wrote:Okay, I started losing again, 3 lbs. all of a sudden so I guess it was just water retention or perhaps my body was trying to think about this...
but back on track now!!! :D

That's almost exactly what happened to me. I was stalled for awhile, then all of the sudden one day I had a 2 lb loss. See it really does work.

Congrats!
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Return to What's Shakin'