FrankieJ

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby FrankieJ » July 15th, 2007, 11:44 am

Lizabette,

hi and thanks for stopping by to cheer me on!!

I will definitely do some pics when I can get a little more technologically up to date - I don't even have a digital camera yet! I will need to get a new cell phone soon though so I'm going to get one with a camera in it. 8) I find the photos of everyone's start, during and goal weights to be very motivational so I'll jump in soon!
Re-Re-Start Date: 7-9-07; 5'2", 183
Mini Goal: 4 wks of compliance & 165 by 8/6/07
Mini Goal: 140 by 9/30/07
Mini Goal: 125 by 11/20/67, My 40th B-Day!
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby FrankieJ » July 15th, 2007, 12:16 pm

Hi Holberry, you said it! It will be a happy day when I throw out the sizes I'm wearing now (mostly 16s and some 14s of brands that run larger). Oops, there are those one pair of shorts I bought in an 18, yikes. I have a bunch of 12, 10, 8 and 6s just calling my name in the closet so here I am! I'm still down 5 pounds but my clothes are fitting better so I'll just keep going. The scale will go down eventually if I keep it up.
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby Lizabette » July 15th, 2007, 12:18 pm

OKAY, FRANKIE,
But I'm not of the patient persuasion.
Meantime, keep up the great work on the Big Challenge.
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby FrankieJ » July 15th, 2007, 12:43 pm

Day 7, Sun, July 15, 2007

I'm still down that same 5 pounds (up and down the last few days) but I feel good and clothes fit better so "so what" to the scale!!

Today's meals:

7 am Vanilla Appetite Suppr. Shake

9 am Scrambled Eggs (hubby scrambled them for me this time faster and on higher heat and the consistency did come out more like real scrambled eggs - still tastes like grits to me!)

12 noon Fruit and Nut Bar (yum)

2:00 pm Tomato Soup w/Crackers (this tomato soup is tasting better each time I try it - think my taste buds are getting used to less salt)

7:30 salad w/grilled chicken

Need to drink more water today so that is my goal here for the next couple hours. I'm working on the computer (work stuff) this afternoon so that is always prime water guzzling time for me.
Last edited by FrankieJ on July 16th, 2007, 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby FrankieJ » July 15th, 2007, 12:51 pm

I think a lot and talk a lot about wanting to look better, and MF is helping me get to that goal, but I really have some medical reasons for following this plan. (Writing in my journal has been a big help to me, and we have such a supportive group of folks here that I feel like I can post about my personal medical issues here).

I finally went out and bought the Omega3 Fish Oil my doc said I should take 3 x a day to help lower my cholesterol. This was a year and half ago he advised this! when he also recommended Medifast to me - but he said I should have 3 shakes a day - I did try it that way at first but it was not enough - I think he might have been a little confused!! I am glad he pointed me toward MF but think he might be a little fuzzy on the details. He's now on medical leave so I haven't been able to ask him about it anymore.

Just took my first one (Omega 3). I never wanted to take them before because they are so big, but I never had any trouble chowing down on a big taco, slice of pizza, order of fries or whatever! I think I can handle a pill : ) ;)

Speaking of pills: I would like to stop taking (someday soon) the medication I am taking, and I really think that sticking to MF and getting to my optimal health will help me get to where I can get off my medications.

The day my doctor suggested I start MF (a year and a half ago, October 2005) I was in his office for a check up for a sinus infection or something and he said "so how's work?" and I burst into tears and remained a blubbering mess for the next 10 minutes, :oops: complaining about how I hate my job, I am so stressed out, I'm eating everything in sight, I can't stick to any diet/exercise plan, my self esteem was in the toilet, etc.

I was pretty darn low at the moment (I did work at the law firm from hell but that is another post - now I'm happily self employed).

Well, the doc said I would feel better if I dropped some weight and I needed to anyway due to my high cholesterol. Doc suggested MF as it would be easy for me to follow and I would lose weight fast, which would make me feel better. He also prescribed an antidepressant (Wellbutrin, 300 mg). He also prescribed Xanax for me to take on a daily basis for several weeks. I really had to take it just to get out of the house to go to the job from hell.

My cholesterol was 215 at the time and my triglycerides were high, too. He said if my weight and cholesterol did not come down, I would have to go on something like Lipitor. I was 38 at the time. This made me cry more. :cry:

After a few weeks, the meds helped, I had some initial success on MF (when I lost the 16 pounds in 3 weeks and had my pants falling off), then duh, Thanksgiving 2005 came and I thought I'd stop for the weekend. Dumb move!

Anyway, when I called doc later crying about the stressful job and can or should my medication me increased, I was told that I need to quit my job and he would refer me to a psychiatrist. Well, that got my attention.

My sweet husband insisted I quit, (he had been suggesting it for awhile), we got a small loan to help us be sure to cover bills in case it took me awhile to make some money, and then I quit. This was in Feb. of 2006. I felt tons better, and have been off the Xanax ever since.

Since then, I stopped and started MF a bunch of times since then, trying to jump start my weight loss again but had trouble sticking with it. We opened our own business and put a lot of work into it. I had so many things going on with the business, hubby, the kids, etc. it was a little overwhelming for me.

I'm now in a place where I feel better. I really want to get fit and healthy and down to a healthy weight. I am feeling like food doesn't control me anymore. This is a great and unusual feeling for me.

I feel like, "well, I feel better, maybe I will be able to get off the medication soon". But I also know that I probably feel better because of the medication! so we shall see. I think I need to continue working on my business (as money stress really stresses me out and the business is doing a lot better now) and working on my MF plan, so I will be stronger mentally and physically to handle going off the medication if the doctor eventually says I can. I know I can't just stop, that you have to be weaned off it under a doctor's supervision.

So, besides looking good and feeling good, I also have some serious and exciting health goals that I will reach by using my MF lifestyle.

I want to drop a few more pounds before I get my blood work done again. Since my doctor is on medical leave, I'm going to make an appt with one of the other docs in the same group. And then: I am hoping to see my cholestorol numbers inch their way down to normal (my mom has really high cholestorol like in the 300s so this is a serious issue for me).

And then: I am hopeful that sometime in the near future I will no longer have to take the antidepressants. They really did help me in a very difficult period of my life, and I am grateful I went on them. They really "took the edge off" and helped me cope with normal life. I just hope that it won't be necessary forever. If it is, it is, but I'd like to take as few medications as possible.

I also take an antibiotic Minocin (minocycline, 100 mg a day) for acne - at almost 40 I still break out! But when I eat right, exercise and drink a lot of water, my skin looks better so I hope that I will be able to ease off the antibiotic sometime soon.

So, those are some of my medical reasons for following MF and some of my personal goals. I really feel like I can do it. :)
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby bikipatra » July 15th, 2007, 2:09 pm

I related to a lot of what you shared. I also worked at a law firm until right before I started Medifast. I am also on psychotropic meds for anxiety and bipolar disorder. I had type 2 diabetes and was taking Lipitor for high cholesterol when I started. I am now off medication for both conditions. My diabetes is in complete remission. So medical conditions drove me to Medifast along with a rather vain desire to not feel invisible anymore. I think it is one of the most positive things I have done in my whole life. I wish you great success!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lizabette » July 15th, 2007, 2:23 pm

FRANKIE,
I believe posting your medical problems on your journal is very beneficial.
It brings it all into focus, along with your goals to reduce as much meds as possible and become healthier and fit.
Most of us who needed to lose weight have had some severe medical problems that seem to go hand in hand with obesity. I for one.
I have talked some in my journal about mine also and how everything has improved as I have lost the weight, along with,
--and this is important--- my self esteem, self-confidence and general well being.
You are certainly doing wonderful and are doing things right, as your scale and your clothing sizes attest to.
Besides that, your positive attitude will take you all the way.
Congratulations on taking the 'bull by the horns" and deciding to do something about it.
Hat's off to you, pal...
Lizabette

Postby FrankieJ » July 15th, 2007, 2:32 pm

Hey Biki, thanks for the kind words :)

That is awesome that you were able to get off your medications for high cholesterol and that your diabetes is in remission, too. As we get older, those things are killers. What an accomplishment!

And congrats on your gradual get-more-gorgeous makeover. All us girls want to look better but without our health, we've got nothing.

It's amazing what a change in diet can do for our overall health and I'm so glad my doctor nudged me in the right direction toward MF and my other meds. I wish I didn't need either, but I'm super grateful to find things that work.
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby FrankieJ » July 15th, 2007, 2:35 pm

Thanks, Lizabette!

I have really enjoyed using the journal to keep myself accountable and post my thoughts....I may complain about "my pants are too tight" to my pals but it is really the "omigosh, what if my cholesterol gets higher and I have a heart attack or a stroke!!" thoughts that keep me awake at night. This gives me a place to ponder on those really important things.
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby FrankieJ » July 16th, 2007, 1:10 pm

Day 8, Mon July 16

same: 178, but TOM so that's ok. Actually I don't feel as bad as I normally do!

7 am Orange shake

11 am Fruit and Nut Bar

1:15 RTD
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby Sojourner » July 16th, 2007, 1:41 pm

Lizabette wrote:OKAY, FRANKIE,
But I'm not of the patient persuasion.

OMG, this cuh-raaaaaacked me up!!
I just reread "The Godfather" and totally got a visual of Lizabette sitting behind a desk, wielding her skinny stick, flanked by big, hulking goombahs cracking their knuckles. "I'm gonna' make you an offer you can't refuse, Frankie. I'm only asking as a friend. I'm asking with respect (sips MF shake from a cordial glass). Where's your avatar, Frankie? Don't let it be too long ~ The Family wants to see your face, Frankie. Capice?"
:roflmao:
Doña Silver Fox.
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » July 17th, 2007, 4:16 pm

EEEK! My cover has been blown.
Now the Godmother is forced to take serious action. Face on your avatar, FRANKIE! :whip:
Capice?
Lizabette

Postby Sojourner » July 17th, 2007, 8:57 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » July 18th, 2007, 5:01 pm

Sojourner wrote::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

FRANKIE, this is serious. SOJI could die laughing, and you'd be the culprit responsible, punishable by.....you know what!
Lizabette

Postby holberry » July 18th, 2007, 5:09 pm

oh boy, a million rol's
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal