I am finding LOTS of clothes in my closet

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I am finding LOTS of clothes in my closet

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » November 8th, 2004, 2:59 pm

:D That FIT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE :kool:
I wore a skirt today to work that I haven't been able to wear since fall
of 2003 and right now I have on a pair of jeans that are 2 sizes smaller
than when I started 3 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheerleader: Now I am off to go for a walk and enjoy the day!
MF ROCKS!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Sylvia » November 8th, 2004, 3:45 pm

Isn't that the greatest? My husband used to laugh b/c about once a week during the middle phase of my weight loss I would try on everything in my closet to see what was fitting better.

I have now had to throw out or sell every single thing that was in my closet when I started MF 6 months ago. This plan is so wonderful!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 8th, 2004, 7:05 pm

Oh yes!

Medifast is fantastic!

When I started using Medifast, my closet was stuffed with clothes. The bummer was that it was all too small and I and virtually had nothing to wear...nothing that fit my 265 pound body, that is!

As my body thinned, I thinned out my wardrobe - I got rid of the clothing that was too loose and eventually I got down to having just a few items left from which to choose.

I GLADLY rectified the empty closet syndome by taking a trip to the mall.

Now I'm back to the stuffed closet again...and I'm lovin' it because I can go shopping and find great things that FIT me now and because nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

What? :?: Huh? :grin:

What's that you say? :redhead:
Knee length boots are on sale at the mall? :yes:
I'm outta here! :burnout:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 9th, 2004, 6:59 am

I agree! I have "new" clothes that I never could wear because I bought them a couple of sizes too small thinking I would lose weight. They sat in the back of the closet with the tags still on. Recently I began trying them on to see if I could wear them now. THEY ARE TOO BIG!!! My fingers don't even stick out the sleeves on the long sleeved shirts. The tee shirts appear to be long sleeved, even though they aren't! The pants - well, I need a rope to keep them up. Whatever is a shrinking spider to do???

CELEBRATE

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Carrie » November 9th, 2004, 7:30 am

Thankfully, I'm going through this too. I say thankfully because I need to remind myself not to worry about the expense of replacing my whole wardrobe.

I had carted around tubs and tubs of smaller size clothes for years and finally got rid of all of it. Now ............... well, now I scrounge around for something that looks halfway decent.

I went to Ross and Bealls and got a few tops a couple weeks ago and I cycle through them over and over again. I have some pants that aren't TOO baggy and some that are a little too snug - so depending on the comfort factor for the day I pick amongst those. But I'm on the verge of needing to buy smaller stuff. And I hate to be spending money on transitional clothes, but I don't really have a choice.

While I'm extremely grateful to need smaller clothes, it's also becoming a bit of a budget buster to keep reoutfitting myself. (even just a few pieces at a time.) I get to worrying about it every now and again, and usually decide that it's a good problem to have, and I should just smile and hand over the credit card. ;)

IT will be VERY NICE to get to my goal size and be able to splurge knowing that what I buy will last me a long time. And it's really nice to get some cute stuff for a change instead of the plain jane tshirts I've worn for years and years.

I actually had a pair of OLD size 18 Lee jeans stuffed back in the closet that I wore out last Friday. Haven't worn those in probably 10 years. Talk about ego-booster!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby Sylvia » November 9th, 2004, 7:56 am

Carries - you're right - in the scheme of things, it is a good problem to have. I'll pass on some advice Nancy gave me (and that I should have listened to). Don't splurge on expensive clothes while you still have quite a bit of weight to lose.

I got to a point where I was fitting into a size 12 and since I hadn't worn a 12 since I was about 21, I was thinking that I wouldn't get too much smaller even though I still had 35 pounds to lose. Needless to say, many of those clothes are way too big now. What I've found is that the smaller you get, the more your clothing size is affected by a 10 pound change. So when I first started, 10 pounds certainly didn't move me down a size - if I was lucky, things would start to feel a bit loose. Now, 10 pounds moves me a size.

Anyway, still not complaining but if I had it to do over, I would have bought less expensive "tweener" clothes.
Sylvia

Postby Crystal » November 9th, 2004, 9:58 am

Good for you, Mary & Spidey!! :yippee: I hope to find some soon. :D I am just starting to notice a difference in how my clothes fit. I need to get out my cooler weather clothes(now that Florida is finally starting to cool down), and see what fits now. I hope to see a big difference in the next week or two. :grin:

Crystal
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » November 9th, 2004, 10:01 am

We have a Clothes Closet room here on the MakeMeThinner and cuter Forum - there has been virtually no action in there.

Why not put some of your too big items in there and perhaps others can use them while they are thinnin'. It is really amazing how our clothing size can change when we dump a few pounds and it is because with Medifast, we do lose a lot of inches.

I took some of my really expensive big beautiful woman stuff to a consignment shop and traded them in for smaller size clothes without spending a dime. I gave most of my clothes to the ladies at my church who then passed them down to others that they knew.

If you have one or two pairs of slacks or a skirt - so what if you wear the same things for a while? :shock: Jazz them up with a 8) cool tie - I wore some of my husband's ties as a belt on a skirt or with a white shirt and looked very chic.

It's not forever that you have to wear bagaloons - save your $ for the really cool skinny stuff.

Spidey, you will look so awesome in your Zvertible :redprowl: cruising down the road with a leather jacket and a nice sweater or a shirt with flames, like Mike's! (I :heart: that shirt!).
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Alicia40 » November 9th, 2004, 10:29 am

Shrinkin Mary

Yea, for you. You give me as well as everyone here that this will work for me. I am on day 5 and look forward to wearing things that I have shoved to the back of the closed. I call them my thin clothes. I have clothes in all sizes it seems. :shock:
Peace & Blessings,
Alicia

Start: 11/05/04
Alicia40

Postby Nancy » November 9th, 2004, 10:34 am

Well, ya better start reorganizing that closet this week, Shrink - you'll be hunting for the thin clothes very soon!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Carrie » November 9th, 2004, 12:04 pm

I'm trying to do it on a budget - hitting the clearance racks, etc.

Also, all of my big sizes sold very well on ebay, and that money went into the 'new smaller duds' piggy bank. Every little bit helps. I try to just get a few outfits for each size range on the cheap. When I started this journey I reasoned that I would just suffer through and wear the baggies till I got to my goal, but that was unrealistic. Plus I want to show off my new body - it makes me proud.

Worth the expense. Smile and hand over the visa, LOL

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby TamiL » November 9th, 2004, 1:15 pm

Carrie...
show off the NEW BODY girl....lol!! we gotta flaunt our stuff when/while we can!! lol!! I just realized looking at your stats...your only a few pounds away from being under the 200 mark!! THAT IS AWESOME!! when is your birthday again? :roll: forgive me as I have been away on a lost cloud latley....banging my head against the same brick walls again..but Im coming around again...getting my head on straight....lol
this is what becomes of having a MAN in my life....I tell ya..if this dosent workout or take a turn for the better soon....IM ALL DONE WITH MEN..lol!! Im heading to the nearest convent to wear black and white...hahahahahaha!!

I am an "80"s Chick I guess you could say..alot of the new styles in clothes...like the Hip Hugger jeans and such...I just cant do...I walk around pulling up at my pants all day!! lol!! I kept alot of my pants and got them taken in a bit...I have found a seamstress that is very reasonable...Im waiting till I get to my goal to buy new clothes!!
Im hoping that some of the fashions will change...and history will repeat itself again...back to the 80's!! lol!! :-P
Tam
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JuliaMejia » November 9th, 2004, 3:37 pm

TamiL - I am with you - I love the 80's. I have a great pic of my little "mini-me" daughter dressed in 80's style for a school thing. You could hide a lot in the 80's under the baggy clothes and big hair...
May 1st 2006...Highest Weight 265...

Started Medifast December 8th, 06 Weight = 236.8 :(

JuliaMejia
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby fedup » November 10th, 2004, 9:09 am

I've been wearing the baggy baggy pants, probably will as long as I can. Like Carrie, I hate to spend a lot on the transition clothes, and as Nancy said, I'm saving my splurges for the skinny clothes! I too have discovered tons of clothes in my closet that were too small, now fit just right. Lots of tops that were too tight are now just right. Bottom half is always slower to lose for me, but my pants are now baggy baggy, so soon I'm hoping to be into some of my cute bottoms I have in the closet. Gonna get some new cute stuff once I'm at goal. Till then I'd only buy cheat stuff. Then I'm gonna LOVE cleaning out my stuffed closet once I'm at goal... this time getting rid of all the stuff that's TOO BIG! 'cause I'm never gonna be that weight again, why keep it!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Great Attitude!

Postby gr8views » November 10th, 2004, 9:58 am

Christy et. al..

Did anyone catch Oprah yesterday? I don't usually watch it, but since I'm on a mini-vacation at home and taking a break to have my afternoon snack, I tuned in...

There was a couple of guys who own a company that helped Oprah and Gayle go through their closets to purge clothes. Keep in mind, these two wear designer clothes and have HUGE walk in closets. Long story short: They helped Oprah to purge designer clothes that ranged in sizes from 10 to 16! She, too, had kept clothes in case she grew or lost weight! By auctioning off the clothes yesterday and having a sale for her 300 employees recently, Oprah raised $80k for charity.

It happens to everyone. Christy, purging your closet once you are to your target weight is a great idea. The designer, Valentino, says you should only wear clothes that make you feel alive! I'm looking forward to a lot of living!!!

Di
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room