Finding clothes...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Finding clothes...

Postby jentuke » September 30th, 2005, 12:03 pm

It seems like one of the biggest struggles with weight is clothing. It affects how we look and how we feel. I know that many times, just the thought of shopping was enough to send me down a self-hatred spiral. It is something we all have to deal with and so I'm sure many of us have found hidden gems of the clothing world -- things that actually fit AND look good.

My problem is that I am often too big for the Big 3 (gap, banana republic, old navy) and too small for Lane Bryant. Mostly it has to do with the shape of the clothes. I'm also adamant about not wearing jeans with elastic in the waist.

So, my trick has been to methodically check out websites for clothing stores and more and more they are offering extended sizes only online.

Old Navy is great with their plus size clothing, but it isn't meant to hold up very long.

My favorite right now is American Eagle, which offers pants up to size 18 with stretch! I was able to buy a pair of jeans and khakis that not only fit, but were a tad big on me. Now as I am shrinking, I'm sticking with the same styles, but just keep buying them in smaller sizes.

Now I just need to find some decent shirts while I'm shrinking. When did XL become soooo small? Don't they know that we have boobs??
jentuke
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room