My closet

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

My closet

Postby Aerie » June 30th, 2006, 11:15 am

I got up this morning and looked at all the ugly "fat" clothes in my closet. So I just finished a huge purge. I made a giant pile of every fat item I ever bought. By fat items I mean clothes that are just truly ugly. Clothes I bought simply because they hide my fat. Nasty colors, mono chromic black, stretched out waist bands, you name it. I also pulled out everything bigger than a size 18. No more 20/22/24's in the entire closet.

Lastly, although donating clothes is a wonderful altruistic gesture I stuffed all those ugly, never again things, into a giant black trash bag and stuffed that right into the garbage cans outside. Boy did that feel great! Never again, never again, never again!!!!! I feel almost like I lost a hundred pounds.

Don't worry guys I promise I will donate every other piece I shrink out of and there is plenty to go, but tossing those today was so symbolic and just felt to good!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jen » June 30th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Your post made me laugh out loud! Sounds like great therapy if you ask me. I was just thinking about getting rid of my big "winter" clothes, since in 4 months there is no way I will be wearing them!
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby loriannk » June 30th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Good for you. I did that a month ago. Cleaned closet. Donated all the clothes to the Purple Heart. Someone needs them.

Did you save anything that is too big. I found myself saving 2 sweatshirts. I have had one since High School so we are talking over 15 years old and I just couldnt part with it. I will wear it around the house this winter.

It is a great feeling to get rid of your old yucky FAT clothes and know you will never go back.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

My closet

Postby gillian » June 30th, 2006, 2:20 pm

I loved your post. I am trying to get rid of everything too. I have two pair of jeans that fit right now, and some shirts. My closet shrunk. I LOVE IT!!!
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » June 30th, 2006, 3:04 pm

Oh I know what you mean I have very few items that fit but since I'm shrinking that's okay. Their stay in the closet is going to be short, very short! :lol:

I also lined up all my pants in order of sizes (you know that I bought when I "grew") 18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2. Now I can see how far I've come and how far I have to go. Some of those pants I can't wait to wear again. Since I've only been overweight for about 5 years (But 100+ pounds in 5 years is a lot of weight gain :x ) I have 31 years of great clothes still in there that haven't seen the light of day in soooo long. When I drop another size it's out of the closet! Out of my life! (and yes of course off to GoodWill, I promise)
Aerie

Postby alpha femme » June 30th, 2006, 3:42 pm

i understand your feelings throwing away old clothes. i'm about ready to get rid of my old pants.

my one regret is that i did not keep a pair of my jumbo-sized 32s. i think those would be a good reminder to stay away from the birthday cake.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 30th, 2006, 8:10 pm

I understand the emotional release of throwing those things away and getting them out of your life. I did the same things with the clothing I deemed "undonatable". I donated everything that was usable and would be useful to those that needed it!

Some horrible things were said to me when I started giving away and donating clothing. Things like, "you're going to regret it when you gain it all back" etc etc ad nauseum!

People don't understand how liberating it is and what a commitment it is to get rid of that clothing forever!

Isn't it fun to go shopping in your own closet! Things I loved but hadn't been able to wear for YEARS got a new life! Yay!

I did keep a pair of jeans at my heaviest weight. Just a reminder how big I was!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Aerie » July 1st, 2006, 3:53 am

Oh yeah DeDe, one of my employees said something about gaining it all back. Something like "Medifast, won't you gain it all back when you go back to real food?" I could have fired her on the spot and I told her so :x

That was liberating too!
Aerie

Postby Arklahoma » July 1st, 2006, 8:13 am

Oh the joys of owning your own business ~ Fun Times!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » July 5th, 2006, 9:36 am

I had the joy of shopping in my dresser yesterday. I tried on every pair of shorts that were too small and found 5 pairs that I can wear now that I couldn't wear a month ago. Yeah!!!

Postby Ketann » July 5th, 2006, 10:56 am

Thanks for the inspiration! I've been emotionally clinging on to my 3X and 2X clothes. My closet will be bare, but who cares! I need to make room for all the new stuff I'll be getting when I'm at my goal!

Hugs,
Keturah
Ketann

Postby Serendipity » July 5th, 2006, 11:07 am

I saved my hugest pair of jeans and the sweater that I wore in my before picture. The rest is all donated or given away.

BTW, I gave one of my employees well over $2000 worth of my clothes one week and the next week, she informed me that she had found a new job and would be leaving in 1 week. Sheeez, I should ask for my clothes back, lol.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Comments

Postby rebber123 » July 5th, 2006, 1:19 pm

I had several people tell say that I would gain all this weight back once I stopped the program. Well I have officially lost 70#'s since January3rd and keep losing!!

I have given away so many clothes, and have found I buy stuff and then forget to wear it and then have to take it back since it's to big!! I still go to the 2X sections instead of the smaller ones in the stores, just habit I guess, yesterday I bought my first pair of size 14 pants!!!! :lol:
Lynn

"Sometimes the impossible just takes a little longer."

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
rebber123

Postby jump4joy » July 5th, 2006, 1:19 pm

I gave away all of my out-shrunk clothes two days ago, and then found a bunch more today.....got them out of the house and my friend is very HAPPY with her new wardrobe. Some of the things I gave up were hard to let go of too. I wrote about it in my Journal thread. Very scary (because they aren't there to fall back on), but freeing.....in that act, showing to myself that I'm willing to step out in faith and really BELIEVE that I'll lose it and keep it off this time! Whew! I didn't keep my "before" jeans....she really needed them NOW. I can always go the the store and try on the same ones I had in my old size if I really need to.

My closet is practically EMPTY. :shock:

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 6th, 2006, 10:54 am

My closet is practically empty too! I don't care though! I don't need the crutch of the bigger sizes sitting around. Anything that doesn't fit is out of here and donated!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room