Feeling Great!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Feeling Great!!

Postby She2chat » February 26th, 2006, 4:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Was feeling really bad on day 2 and Ok on day 3. Since then, I feel GREAT! I discovered adding sf Syrups and stuff and tweaking stuff when I'm not sure about it. This is so much easier.. I had to step up the water though.. I hate water, so I am now forcing myself to chug it down 16oz at a time.

I love the Chicken & Wild rice cooked on the stove.. wouldn't be so great at work. I can't microwave it long enough.

Can we soak or cook the soups a day ahead of time??

I also discovered swapping.. Get rid of the things I hate and keep the things I love. I thought I was going to hate the shakes..

Wrong! I love the Choc, Vanilla and Strawberry is a third. I can do so much with the first 2. I also discovered instant coffee.. When you are as addicted to Coca-Cola as I was (and for how long) part of feeling crappy had to have been withdrawl.. Now I don't have to have that at all and I get the caffeine I need. First thing in the morning I have a Van, or Choc shake with Coffee and Caramel syrup.

Did I mention that I ice them all..?? Yum!

Now I am baking Choc Chip Cookies (for the boys, not me) and making Turkey meat ahead of time for my lean and Green.

I made the cookies after I ate, so I wouldn't feel like eating one.. lol

The kids are coming home from their dad's and I wanted them to have something special.. Boy the house Smells good.. :bib:

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say, this is great!

The only reason I haven't already posted a picture is because my mom forgot her digital camera all last week and again yesterday. I Bought one yesterday, so next week I plan on taking my "Before" Pics as scary as it really is.

I can't wait to see the after!!! :cheers: :coolnana:
She2chat
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 26th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Sheila

Isn't this the greatest program ever!!! You are doing so well. Already baking cookies and resisting, you are one tough cookie (pardon the pun). I can't wait to see you before pics but I am even more excited to see the after! I too was a water hater so I chug 7-8 20oz bottles a day. I can take the water better when it is ice cold.

Keep shakin girl. You are doin great

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

:)

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 26th, 2006, 4:33 pm

I am so glad your feeling better. I know I felt really bad on days 3 and 4 and it's been much better since then. I love water but am having a hard time drinking it too..I add in a glass or two of crystal light and that helps with my overall fluid intake.

I LOVE the chicken and wild rice soup too so much so that thats the first thing I finished off..lol I do it in the microwave and add garlic pepper, a sprinkle of salad supreme and a tad of salt. Droool! I find I really love the hot supplements better then the cold ones.

I wouldn't think there would be any problem with soaking or cooking the soups ahead of time but I am sure a health advisor will let you know for sure.

I have actually been cooking MORE for my family since I started mf..tho they better not even dream about me making choc chip cookies right now.. :shock: Your a brave woman!

I am fairly sure I will be putting a few items up for trade next week...trying to give them the benefit of the doubt..lol

Your doing great! Happy Shaking!
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby She2chat » February 26th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Thanks for the encouragement from both of you.

I was so worried that I made a mistake in the first few days, but now I'm excited to see the results.

Not only that, I don't have to starve to death to do it!

I agree with you Gina, the water should be Ice cold.

Too bad we can't lose it all in just a couple of months.. lol

I'm looking forward to getting my camera. I plan on taking 2 sets of pics.. one with clothes on and one with biking shorts :eyecrazy:

Scary stuff..

Sheila
She2chat

Postby Lizabette » February 26th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Sheila,

Not only can you cook your soups and chili a day ahead, they are better that way! And I always mix my oatmeals the night before and pop them in the microwave for several minutes in the morning. No muss, no fuss!

I can't think of any of the meal replacements that I don't like. There is always something I can do to make them taste great! The lean cuisine section has lots of great recipes.

You have discovered how good the shakes mixed with coffee are. Aren't they the best? My favorite for cool mornings is any of the shakes (except maybe strawberry or orange) made according to instructions and adding my morning cup of coffee to it, heat and sip. Takes a BIG mug.Yum! :bib:

Way to go, girl!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » February 26th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Sheila ~

If you do not pre-soak those soups, get ready for a :redprowl: trip to the dentist - esp. if you have chili! :redhead:

You're doing great if you baked cookies - see, just because we are on a temporary hiatus from sugar and higher glycemic foods, it doesn't mean the rest of the family cannot have a treat once in a while. Your kids will think you are Super Mom for baking for them - and guess what? :scratch: You are! :thumbsup:

You are a Super Slimmin' Mom!
:thumbig:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.