Feel really terrible

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Feel really terrible

Postby elorra » August 9th, 2006, 5:58 pm

I am ending day 3 and I feel awful. I am weak and nauseous and have absolutely zero energy (stated feeling like this end of day two). Not to mention I have a horrible taste in my mouth.

Is this normal? I don’t see why someone would have to feel so bad just because they are starting a diet. I have tried various diet and never felt like this. It makes me want to get a decent meal just so I'll feel better. I work for home—there is no way that I could have gone into a “normal” job feeling like this. It makes me wonder how you all do it.

I'm wondering if this is the ketosis or all the fillers in the MF products (how low carb is this diet I couldn’t find an exact number). Any advice will be appreciated.
elorra

Postby Mike » August 9th, 2006, 6:11 pm

It is normal. Usually after day 3 you feel great and the hunger begins to subside. Make sure you get plenty of water (64 oz of pure water, then other fluids as you need). Good luck. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JKSRN » August 9th, 2006, 6:26 pm

You might try a cup of bouillon if you feel weak and nauseous. You might need a boost of sodium or potassium. Bouillon counts as your snack for the day. However, I am sure that it would do you no harm if you had an extra one should you absolutely need it. Read the Quick Start Guide.

But, as Mike said, you will feel better, once you get through Day 3. You are not alone. Most of us felt 'yucky' the first three days. On Day 4, you will have so much energy, because you entered the 'fat burning' stage, wait and see!
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Guest » August 9th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. I drank some water and feel better. I also went in the MF chat and got a lot of support.

You all are so great and supportive! Thanks again.

Postby alohacate » August 9th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Pickles saved me from failure!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby VTGirlie » August 10th, 2006, 7:03 am

It really will get better. The first few weeks I had good days and bad days. I really believe that you are getting some awful stuff out of your system. I find now that I've been on plan for three months that I only feel awful when I eat those foods that are not on plan. Just dig your heels in, eat pickles (salt helps w/ any dizziness) and drink the water you are supposed to and it will pass soon!

Good luck- you're doing great so far!!!

:)

Bets
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » August 10th, 2006, 8:38 am

As for how low carb it is, the products vary. It's much higher than something like Atkins, much lower than something like Weight Watchers. It's supposed to be low enough to get you into a very mild state of ketosis.

But the only way to know for sure is to add up the carbs in the products you actually eat each day. Some have 10 grams, some have 16, and bars have much more.

Good luck!! (And the feeling definitely doesn't last, as the others said. You're right; none of us would stick to a diet that made us feel horrible like that.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

It gets much better

Postby caligirl » August 10th, 2006, 2:04 pm

When I started, I thought "How am I ever going to manage on this diet... I love to eat!"
I told myself that I could do ANYTHING for 1 week. I stuck it out, I kept thinking of my goals. I wanted to see what I could lose in the first week. I'd heard that many people lost 20 #'s their FIRST MONTH. I wanted that kind of success too!!!
Well, I lost 9.5 pounds the first week! That motivated me to keep going... 5 weeks later, I've lost 19.5 pounds!
The losing will motivate you! Also, you'll come to like the ease of the program. It really works.
I followed the quick start guide's suggestion to add salt when I feel weak. I had a pickle spear with a glass of water, and it really helped.
You'll get through this, and you'll be on your way!!!

Keep it going, you can do it! :cheermed:
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right... Henry Ford

caligirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Jan » August 10th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Some people have more trouble than others during the first few days. I got a headache... excedrin took care of it... but didn't experience the sick stomach. I think it just depends upon our own particular body. I don't even remember feeling weak but I do remember when I was whoozy. I needed to have my BP medication lowered.
You'll make it !! I know for sure you don't want to go thru the first "nasty days" a second time so just be very very compliant on program. The pesky pounds will go.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » August 11th, 2006, 4:24 am

You're doing wonderful.
Just let us know if you have any more ???
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elizabeth » August 11th, 2006, 5:44 am

So, its 2 days later. How are you feeling now?

The first 3-4 days were the worst for me. I moped and pouted all three days. I felt just awful but knew it would pass. The scale helped a little.....seeing the pounds drop off. You can do it. :hugs:
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.